[4.14] Skin for ... BusyIndicator3605 cannot be found.

[4.14] Skin for ... BusyIndicator3605 cannot be found.

Olaf Krueger
HI,
I'm following EdB and OM's calls inside the 'users list' have tested my apps with 4.14.0 RC. So this is my first mail to this list.

Following issue:
Inside a custom Spark List Skin I've defined a new state "busy" that should contain the "BusyIndicator" inside a transparent rectangle.
Using 4.13 this is working fine, with 4.14.0 RC the following error occurred:
Error: Skin for ... BusyIndicator3605 cannot be found.

This is an extract of my Skin:
<s:states>
     <s:State name="normal" />
     <s:State name="disabled" />
       <s:State name="busy" />
</s:states>
<!--- Defines the inline BusyIndicator -->
<s:Group left="0" right="0" top="0" bottom="0" visible="true" includeIn="busy" >
       <s:Rect id="bgRect" left="0" right="0" top="0" bottom="0" alpha="0.9">
                <s:fill>
                        <s:SolidColor color="0xFFFFFF" />
                </s:fill>
                </s:Rect>
        <s:BusyIndicator visible="true" horizontalCenter="0" verticalCenter="0"/>
       <s:Label text="Busy... just for you" fontWeight="bold" verticalCenter="30" horizontalCenter="0" backgroundAlpha="1" backgroundColor="0xFFFFFF"/>
</s:Group>

And this is an example where the skin is used:
<component:CustomList id="customList" skinClass="...CustomListSkin"/>

Is this my fault or an issue with 4.14?

[Merry Christmas - Frohe Weihnachten - Feliz Navidad - Joyeux Noel - Vesele Vanoce]

________________________________

Edscha Holding GmbH
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Remscheid
Registergericht: Wuppertal, HRB 22889
Geschäftsführung: Francisco J. Riberas Mera, Francisco López Peña, David Vázquez Pascual, Torsten Greiner, Markus Kirchner, Hans-Peter Schulz und Volker Weiss

Vertretungsberechtigt sind nur Geschäftsführer und schriftlich Bevollmächtigte.

Solely Managing Directors or employees with a written proxy have got power of representation.

Der Inhalt dieser E-Mail einschließlich etwaiger beigefügter Dateien ist vertraulich und nur für den Empfänger bestimmt. Sollten Sie nicht der bestimmungsgemäße Empfänger sein, ist Ihnen jegliche Offenlegung, Vervielfältigung, Weitergabe oder Nutzung des Inhalts untersagt. Bitte informieren Sie in diesem Fall unverzüglich den Absender und löschen Sie die E-Mail einschließlich etwaiger beigefügter Dateien von Ihrem System. Vielen Dank.

The contents of this e-mail including any attachments are confidential and may be legally privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of its contents is strictly prohibited, and you should please notify the sender immediately and then delete this e-mail including any attachments from your system. Thank you.

Re: [4.14] Skin for ... BusyIndicator3605 cannot be found.

OmPrakash Muppirala
Yes, this does not seem right.  Can you please create a small project and
attach it to a JIRA ticket?  I can take a look.

Thanks,
Om

On Mon, Dec 15, 2014 at 8:39 AM, Krüger, Olaf <[hidden email]> wrote:

> [...]
> vertraulich und nur für den Empfänger bestimmt. Sollten Sie nicht der
> bestimmungsgemäße Empfänger sein, ist Ihnen jegliche Offenlegung,
> Vervielfältigung, Weitergabe oder Nutzung des Inhalts untersagt. Bitte
> informieren Sie in diesem Fall unverzüglich den Absender und löschen Sie
> die E-Mail einschließlich etwaiger beigefügter Dateien von Ihrem System.
> Vielen Dank.
>
> The contents of this e-mail including any attachments are confidential and
> may be legally privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, any
> disclosure, copying, distribution or use of its contents is strictly
> prohibited, and you should please notify the sender immediately and then
> delete this e-mail including any attachments from your system. Thank you.

Re: [4.14] Skin for ... BusyIndicator3605 cannot be found.

AW: [4.14] Skin for ... BusyIndicator3605 cannot be found.

Om,
thanks for solving this issue and solving it so fast.
I’m impressed of this Flex community again and again!

One question:
I’ve just installed the latest ‘4.14. build 20141217’ to be able to test the solved issue but it seems that your commit is not included.
Surfing through the repository I’ve seen that you revert the merge with your changes to the release branch.
Am I right and if so is there another possibility to install 4.14. that includes your commit by using the installer?

Thanks for help!

Olaf

The contents of this e-mail including any attachments are confidential and may be legally privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of its contents is strictly prohibited, and you should please notify the sender immediately and then delete this e-mail including any attachments from your system. Thank you.

The contents of this e-mail including any attachments are confidential and may be legally privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of its contents is strictly prohibited, and you should please notify the sender immediately and then delete this e-mail including any attachments from your system. Thank you.

Re: AW: [4.14] Skin for ... BusyIndicator3605 cannot be found.

OmPrakash Muppirala
I am pretty sure that my change is in the release branch.

Erik, looks like this change did go through.  Can you confirm when the RC
job would refresh the build?

Thanks,
Om
On Dec 17, 2014 1:42 AM, "Krüger, Olaf" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Om,
> thanks for solving this issue and solving it so fast.
> I’m impressed of this Flex community again and again!
>
> One question:
> I’ve just installed the latest ‘4.14. build 20141217’ to be able to test
> the solved issue but it seems that your commit is not included.
> Surfing through the repository I’ve seen that you revert the merge with
> your changes to the release branch.
> Am I right and if so is there another possibility to install 4.14. that
> includes your commit by using the installer?
>
> Thanks for help!
>
> Olaf

Erik de Bruin
Om, your latest commit on release is the change to contributors and
release notes, the one before that is about the legacy mobile theme...
Is this fix in either one, perhaps?

EdB

--
Ix Multimedia Software

Jan Luykenstraat 27
3521 VB Utrecht

T. 06-51952295
I. www.ixsoftware.nl

Re: AW: [4.14] Skin for ... BusyIndicator3605 cannot be found.

OmPrakash Muppirala
I am not which commit it was, but the relevant change is in the release
branch:

https://github.com/apache/flex-sdk/blob/release4.14.0/frameworks/projects/mobiletheme/defaults.css

Lines 102 to 106 are the relevant lines that fixes the BusyIndicatorSkin
issue.

I believe this should appear in the next RC build, whenever that is.

Thanks,
Om
On Dec 17, 2014 2:05 AM, "Erik de Bruin" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Om, your latest commit on release is the change to contributors and
> release notes, the one before that is about the legacy mobile theme...
> Is this fix in either one, perhaps?
>
> EdB
>

> On Wed, Dec 17, 2014 at 11:00 AM, OmPrakash Muppirala
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > I am pretty sure that my change is in the release branch.
> >
> > Erik, looks like this change did go through.  Can you confirm when the RC
> > job would refresh the build?
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Om
> > On Dec 17, 2014 1:42 AM, "Krüger, Olaf" <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> >> Om,
> >> thanks for solving this issue and solving it so fast.
> >> I’m impressed of this Flex community again and again!
> >>
> >> One question:
> >> I’ve just installed the latest ‘4.14. build 20141217’ to be able to test
> >> the solved issue but it seems that your commit is not included.
> >> Surfing through the repository I’ve seen that you revert the merge with
> >> your changes to the release branch.
> >> Am I right and if so is there another possibility to install 4.14. that
> >> includes your commit by using the installer?
> >>
> >> Thanks for help!
> >>
> >> Olaf

Confirmed. My guess is it is already in the latest artefacts, but to
be sure wait about an hour, after which the next nightly RC will be
build.

EdB

--
Ix Multimedia Software

Jan Luykenstraat 27
3521 VB Utrecht

T. 06-51952295
I. www.ixsoftware.nl

Re: AW: [4.14] Skin for ... BusyIndicator3605 cannot be found.

Alex Harui
RT: what if the rc builds only built on changes to the repo (and never on
timer) and always sent a message to dev@ even on successful builds?  That
way we’d be able to see what changed and when.

-Alex

On 12/17/14, 2:32 AM, "Erik de Bruin" <[hidden email]> wrote:

>Confirmed. My guess is it is already in the latest artefacts, but to
>be sure wait about an hour, after which the next nightly RC will be
>build.
>
>EdB
>

>On Wed, Dec 17, 2014 at 11:26 AM, OmPrakash Muppirala
><[hidden email]> wrote:
>> I am not which commit it was, but the relevant change is in the release
>> branch:
>>

>>https://github.com/apache/flex-sdk/blob/release4.14.0/frameworks/projects
>>/mobiletheme/defaults.css
>>
>> Lines 102 to 106 are the relevant lines that fixes the BusyIndicatorSkin
>> issue.
>>
>> I believe this should appear in the next RC build, whenever that is.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Om
>> On Dec 17, 2014 2:05 AM, "Erik de Bruin" <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>>> Om, your latest commit on release is the change to contributors and
>>> release notes, the one before that is about the legacy mobile theme...
>>> Is this fix in either one, perhaps?
>>>
>>> EdB

>>>the RC

>>>test
>>>with
>>>that

I just downloaded the latest RC build, I do see the BusyIndicator bug fix.
Olaf, please try again and see if the error is gone.

Thanks,
Om

On Wed, Dec 17, 2014 at 2:32 AM, Erik de Bruin <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Confirmed. My guess is it is already in the latest artefacts, but to
> be sure wait about an hour, after which the next nightly RC will be
> build.
>
> EdB
>

> On Wed, Dec 17, 2014 at 11:26 AM, OmPrakash Muppirala
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > I am not which commit it was, but the relevant change is in the release
> > branch:
> >

> https://github.com/apache/flex-sdk/blob/release4.14.0/frameworks/projects/mobiletheme/defaults.css
> >
> > Lines 102 to 106 are the relevant lines that fixes the BusyIndicatorSkin
> > issue.
> >
> > I believe this should appear in the next RC build, whenever that is.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Om
> > On Dec 17, 2014 2:05 AM, "Erik de Bruin" <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> >> Om, your latest commit on release is the change to contributors and
> >> release notes, the one before that is about the legacy mobile theme...
> >> Is this fix in either one, perhaps?
> >>
> >> EdB

> the RC

> test
> with
> that

Good plan.

I'm making the changes to the build as we speak.

EdB

--
Ix Multimedia Software

Jan Luykenstraat 27
3521 VB Utrecht

T. 06-51952295
I. www.ixsoftware.nl

AW: AW: [4.14] Skin for ... BusyIndicator3605 cannot be found.

> Olaf, please try again and see if the error is gone.
I tried to install '4.14.' and the 'nightly build' also several times yesterday and today.
The installer always stops after downloading cause of problems with  'Verifying Apache Flex SDK MD5 Signature'.
(By installing 4.13. no errors occurred)
Seems that this issue occurred sporadically?

I've just give it a try a few minutes ago and the install of 4.14.0 RC was successful.
I've attached the SDK to my project but the "BusyIndicator issue" is still there.

I'll try to install the 'nightly build' and will see if this works...

Perhaps it's my fault, is there something I could do wrong by installing the latest builds?

Olaf

I just downloaded the latest RC build, I do see the BusyIndicator bug fix.
Olaf, please try again and see if the error is gone.

Thanks,
Om

On Wed, Dec 17, 2014 at 2:32 AM, Erik de Bruin <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Confirmed. My guess is it is already in the latest artefacts, but to
> be sure wait about an hour, after which the next nightly RC will be
> build.
>
> EdB
>

> On Wed, Dec 17, 2014 at 11:26 AM, OmPrakash Muppirala
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > I am not which commit it was, but the relevant change is in the
> > release
> > branch:
> >

> https://github.com/apache/flex-sdk/blob/release4.14.0/frameworks/proje
> cts/mobiletheme/defaults.css
> >
> > Lines 102 to 106 are the relevant lines that fixes the
> > BusyIndicatorSkin issue.
> >
> > I believe this should appear in the next RC build, whenever that is.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Om
> > On Dec 17, 2014 2:05 AM, "Erik de Bruin" <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> >> Om, your latest commit on release is the change to contributors and
> >> release notes, the one before that is about the legacy mobile theme...
> >> Is this fix in either one, perhaps?
> >>
> >> EdB

> the RC

> test
> with
> that

OK, going back on topic:

The problem with the BusyIndicator has not gone away, even with the
fix. At least, not for several people on the 'users@' list and Olaf on
this one...

Om? Anyone? Thought?

EdB

T. 06-51952295
I. www.ixsoftware.nl

Re: AW: [4.14] Skin for ... BusyIndicator3605 cannot be found.

Alex Harui
I haven’t tried it myself, but a quick look makes it appear that
BusyIndicator is in the Spark project, but the only default skin I see for
it is in the mobile theme, so if you aren’t using the mobile theme, I
can’t see how you’d get a skin for it.  Did BusyIndicator get moved to
Spark without its skin?

-Alex

On Dec 18, 2014 8:44 AM, "Alex Harui" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I haven’t tried it myself, but a quick look makes it appear that
> BusyIndicator is in the Spark project, but the only default skin I see for
> it is in the mobile theme, so if you aren’t using the mobile theme, I
> can’t see how you’d get a skin for it.  Did BusyIndicator get moved to
> Spark without its skin?

Ah I think I see the problem now.  I believe the users are having these
problems on non-mobile apps, a case I had not considered.

Background:
The old version of BusyIndicator did not have a separate skin.  The logic
and visuals were baked in the component.  This did not work when we needed
to create separate look and feels for iOS and Android.  So, I separated out
the visuals into a separate skin class, which worked well for the new
mobile skins.

After this change, I had forgotten to specify the skin class for the old
mobile theme, which I fixed a couple of days ago.

I will look into making the same fix for the non mobile usage as well.

Thanks,
Om

> -Alex
>
> On 12/18/14, 5:49 AM, "Erik de Bruin" <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> >OK, going back on topic:
> >
> >The problem with the BusyIndicator has not gone away, even with the
> >fix. At least, not for several people on the 'users@' list and Olaf on
> >this one...
> >
> >Om? Anyone? Thought?
> >
> >EdB

> >> I tried to install '4.14.' and the 'nightly build' also several times
> >>yesterday and today.
> >> The installer always stops after downloading cause of problems with
> >>'Verifying Apache Flex SDK MD5 Signature'.
> >> (By installing 4.13. no errors occurred)
> >> Seems that this issue occurred sporadically?
> >>
> >> I've just give it a try a few minutes ago and the install of 4.14.0 RC
> >>was successful.
> >> I've attached the SDK to my project but the "BusyIndicator issue" is
> >>still there.
> >>
> >> I'll try to install the 'nightly build' and will see if this works...
> >>
> >> Perhaps it's my fault, is there something I could do wrong by
> >>installing the latest builds?
> >>
> >> Olaf

Yes, you're right!
I've put this info into the 'environment' field of the issue 34690: "Environment: Flex 'Desktop' project..."
Next time it would be better to place this kind of info to the "description"!

However,  many thanks for help!

Re: AW: [4.14] Skin for ... BusyIndicator3605 cannot be found.

OmPrakash Muppirala
On Thu, Dec 18, 2014 at 10:54 AM, [hidden email] <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> >I believe the users are having these problems on non-mobile apps
> Yes, you're right!
> I've put this info into the 'environment' field of the issue 34690:
> "Environment: Flex 'Desktop' project..."
> Next time it would be better to place this kind of info to the
> "description"!

Not your mistake, I wasn't paying attention :-)

Thanks,
Om

On 12/18/14, 11:15 AM, "OmPrakash Muppirala" <[hidden email]> wrote:

>On Thu, Dec 18, 2014 at 10:54 AM, [hidden email]
><[hidden email]>
>wrote:
>>
>> >I believe the users are having these problems on non-mobile apps
>> Yes, you're right!
>> I've put this info into the 'environment' field of the issue 34690:
>> "Environment: Flex 'Desktop' project..."
>> Next time it would be better to place this kind of info to the
>> "description"!
>>

>Not your mistake, I wasn't paying attention :-)

And also, many thanks to Olaf for finding this issue before we shipped.

On Thu, Dec 18, 2014 at 11:25 AM, Alex Harui <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 12/18/14, 11:15 AM, "OmPrakash Muppirala" <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> >On Thu, Dec 18, 2014 at 10:54 AM, [hidden email]
> ><[hidden email]>

> >> Yes, you're right!
> >> I've put this info into the 'environment' field of the issue 34690:
> >> "Environment: Flex 'Desktop' project..."
> >> Next time it would be better to place this kind of info to the
> >> "description"!
> >>

> >Not your mistake, I wasn't paying attention :-)
>
> And also, many thanks to Olaf for finding this issue before we shipped.

Yes, thanks Olaf!

I have checked in a fix.  It should be available in the next build.

Regards,
Om