AIR app (Captive runtime) is blocked by anti-virus scanner

AIR app (Captive runtime) is blocked by anti-virus scanner

since we moved some remaining Flex apps to AIR (Using captive runtime), some
of users reports that the app is being blocked by their anti-virus-scanner.
Because in some cases, the responsable IT-departments don't like to
whitelist additional apps, we run into trouble.

We are not yet using a "real" certificate at compile time. Could this be the
problem?
Or could there be anything else in the Flex / AIR apps that is causing the
virus scanner to block it?

Thanks in advance!

Re: AIR app (Captive runtime) is blocked by anti-virus scanner

Re: AIR app (Captive runtime) is blocked by anti-virus scanner

MikeH-2
I had a similar issue. I now use an EV Certificate for may AIR apps and don't
have any problems. The EV certificate is the best one as it also helps with
Microsoft Smart Screen reputation.

Re: AIR app (Captive runtime) is blocked by anti-virus scanner

Harbs
A bit OT:

Do all EV certificates require hardware usb keys?

I recently ordered one and was surprised that a hardware key is required...

> On Feb 8, 2021, at 6:19 PM, MikeH <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> I had a similar issue. I now use an EV Certificate for may AIR apps and don't
> have any problems. The EV certificate is the best one as it also helps with
> Microsoft Smart Screen reputation.

> Sent from: http://apache-flex-development.2333347.n4.nabble.com/

Re: AIR app (Captive runtime) is blocked by anti-virus scanner

Carlos Rovira-3
I'm not managing that in our case, but remember to talk with the person in
charge and tell me that some providers can offer an option without USB.

El jue, 11 feb 2021 a las 16:44, Harbs (<[hidden email]>) escribió:

> A bit OT:
>
> Do all EV certificates require hardware usb keys?
>
> I recently ordered one and was surprised that a hardware key is required...
>
> > On Feb 8, 2021, at 6:19 PM, MikeH <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
> >
> > I had a similar issue. I now use an EV Certificate for may AIR apps and
> don't
> > have any problems. The EV certificate is the best one as it also helps
> with
> > Microsoft Smart Screen reputation.
> >

> > --
> > Sent from: http://apache-flex-development.2333347.n4.nabble.com/

Apache Member & Apache Royale PMC
*Apache Software Foundation*
http://about.me/carlosrovira

Re: AIR app (Captive runtime) is blocked by anti-virus scanner

MikeH-2
The EV Certificate I have came on a USB drive. I purchased mine from Comodo
and is easy to use. The only issue I have found is when trying to sign .air
files but, if you use Captive Runtime then it's not a problem.