AMF for .NET Standard now available (.NET Core + olders runtimes)

AMF for .NET Standard now available (.NET Core + olders runtimes)

hferreira
Hi all,

News in town for .NET + Flex developers!

New AMF library for .NET developers using the .NET Standard 2.0, ie. 100%
compatible with .NET Framework, Mono and for the first time .NET Core!

The library is here: https://github.com/SolidSoft-Lda/AMFCore

Re: AMF for .NET Standard now available (.NET Core + olders runtimes)

João Fernandes
Hugo, I'm not sure you're allowed to remove the fluorine initial licence
(GNU) and repackage it as your project and take away all the headers and
provide no license along the project.

On Sun, Sep 9, 2018, 2:24 PM hferreira <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> News in town for .NET + Flex developers!
>
> New AMF library for .NET developers using the .NET Standard 2.0, ie. 100%
> compatible with .NET Framework, Mono and for the first time .NET Core!
>
> The library is here: https://github.com/SolidSoft-Lda/AMFCore

> Sent from: http://apache-flex-development.2333347.n4.nabble.com/

Re: AMF for .NET Standard now available (.NET Core + olders runtimes)

hferreira
This post was updated on .
It was based on fluorine, however it's a complete new project (not a fork)
and focus only on AMF with supported class from .NET Standard and not .NET
Framework and any of the fluorine windows api calls.

FluorineFx was deprecated for years now and the website does not exists any
more as any contact.

This project (not mine) https://github.com/hinaria/rtmpsharp was also based
on FluorineFx but target for RTMP only and also don't have any header info
(does not mean that is correct, it's true but also that it's not wrong).

I don't get any money with this project and it's open source and also don't
have more time to change it.

I would like to have AMF for .NET Core (or Standard) and as I didn't find
one and always benefit from open source, I decided to share in github but do
you believe that it's safer to remove from github ?

Re: AMF for .NET Standard now available (.NET Core + olders runtimes)

Carlos Rovira-3
Hi Hugo,

I don't know too much about Fluorine, and other implied projects but my
understanding is that, if as you say, your project has new code and is not
a fork of other project, I think your work is original and that mean you
should not have any problem. If you author the code then you're in control
and have nothing to fear.

My recommendation is that you add a LICENSE to the project (for example
Apache License v2.0 or MIT, first one is more compliant with apache
projects, but second would be ok too).

You can do this in few minutes creating the file in gihub as the rest of
projects and copy/paste the license. You can take a look at any Apache
project.

Thanks for contributing.

El dom., 16 sept. 2018 a las 17:11, hferreira (<[hidden email]>)
escribió:

> It was based on fluorine, however it's a complete new project (not a fork)
> and focus only on AMF with supported class from .NET Standard and not .NET
> Framework.
>
> FluorineFx was deprecated for years now and the website does not exists any
> more as any contact.
>
> This project (not mine) https://github.com/hinaria/rtmpsharp was also
> based
> on FluorineFx but target for RTMP only and also don't have any header info
> (does not mean that is correct, it's true but also that it's not wrong).
>
> I don't get any money with this project and it's open source and also don't
> have more time to change it.
>
> I would like to have AMF for .NET Core (or Standard) and as I didn't find
> one and always benefit from open source, I decided to share in github but
> do
> you believe that it's safer to remove from github ?
>

> --
> Sent from: http://apache-flex-development.2333347.n4.nabble.com/

http://about.me/carlosrovira

Re: AMF for .NET Standard now available (.NET Core + olders runtimes)

Maybe this helps [1].

Regardless of the GPL, I understand it this way:
If no license is used within a project, in theory, the project must not be
used by anyone.
So it's probably always a good idea to add a license which fits your needs.
It also makes it easier for others to use your project.

HTH,
Olaf

[1]
https://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-faq.html#GPLRequireSourcePostedPublic

Re: AMF for .NET Standard now available (.NET Core + olders runtimes)

hferreira
Thank you for your suggestions.
Done :)