Adobe AIR Native Extensions for Linux

Abhilash Krishnan
Hi,

Has anybody have pointers or hack to develop AIR Native Extensions for
Linux? Please share.

Thanks,

Abhilash

Re: Adobe AIR Native Extensions for Linux

Jeffry Houser

  I thought AIR was no longer supported or developed for Linux; and the
latest version of AIR is required for Native Extension support.

  So, therefore I think you'll have to join the open screen project and
perform you're own AIR for Linux port to get Native Extensions working.
I assume that will require tons of cash, man hours, and some political
wrangling.

--
Jeffry Houser
Technical Entrepreneur

Re: Adobe AIR Native Extensions for Linux

Nicholas Kwiatkowski
It's pretty much a no-go.  AIR was discontinued for Linux a while ago, and
support for ANEs were not introduced until after that development was
stopped.

AIR is still one of those things that will be locked away from us.  Linux
support even more so.  Adobe said that the install base was too small to
justify its development.

-Nick