Apache Flex Team Blog

Michael Schmalle
Hi,

I am not trying to add more fuel to the fire of even sound like I'm
just trying to throw things at the wall but a blog that all committers
could use as a collective would be nice.

I have been blogging on my blog kind of like a quick "minutes" of what
is being talked about because the Flex community is huge. There are a
lot of my subscribers that are supporting what I am doing and saying
it's great (and don't stop) because they don't have to wade through
mail or just won't.

It would be nice to be able to target this at apache.org and get the
word out. This doesn't have to happen any time soon but, I'm telling
you there are 1000's listening like it was the day before the world
might end hanging onto the optimism we all share here on the list.

If this is not an option at this time because there are bigger fish to
fry, just tell me now and I will try to keep it up, I know I have
their attention, at least in my corner of the vast universe.

Thanks,
Mike

Re: Apache Flex Team Blog

Brent Arnold
+1

On 1/6/12 1:31 PM, Michael Schmalle wrote:
> It would be nice to be able to target this at apache.org and get the
> word out. This doesn't have to happen any time soon but, I'm telling
> you there are 1000's listening like it was the day before the world
> might end hanging onto the optimism we all share here on the list.

Re: Apache Flex Team Blog

Bertrand Delacretaz
On Fri, Jan 6, 2012 at 9:31 PM, Michael Schmalle <[hidden email]> wrote
> ...It would be nice to be able to target this at apache.org and get the word
> out...

We can get one under blogs.apache.org just by asking, shall I do that?
(and do you volunteer to write our first post? ;-)

-Bertrand

Re: Apache Flex Team Blog

Peter Elst
> I am not trying to add more fuel to the fire of even sound like I'm just
> trying to throw things at the wall but a blog that all committers could use
> as a collective would be nice.

Would a wiki not work for that purpose? or start out with a "news" page on
the site through the CMS.

There are a lot of my subscribers that are supporting what I am doing and
> saying it's great (and don't stop) because they don't have to wade through
> mail or just won't.

I think there's nothing wrong with people individually posting as well,
don't have to drive everyone to a single place to get the latest news. Also
appreciate that not everyone will want to subscribe to the mailinglist but
can encourage people that that is the way they can get involved.

- Peter

Re: Apache Flex Team Blog

Michael Schmalle
Quoting Bertrand Delacretaz <[hidden email]>:

> On Fri, Jan 6, 2012 at 9:31 PM, Michael Schmalle
> <[hidden email]> wrote
>> ...It would be nice to be able to target this at apache.org and get the word
>> out...
>
> We can get one under blogs.apache.org just by asking, shall I do that?
> (and do you volunteer to write our first post? ;-)
>
> -Bertrand

Hey, I am all about action and if others have any input I am all ears.

Mike

Re: Apache Flex Team Blog

Michael Schmalle
Quoting Peter Elst <[hidden email]>:

>> I am not trying to add more fuel to the fire of even sound like I'm just
>> trying to throw things at the wall but a blog that all committers could use
>> as a collective would be nice.
>>

> Would a wiki not work for that purpose? or start out with a "news" page on
> the site through the CMS.
>

> There are a lot of my subscribers that are supporting what I am doing and
>> saying it's great (and don't stop) because they don't have to wade through
>> mail or just won't.
>>

> I think there's nothing wrong with people individually posting as well,
> don't have to drive everyone to a single place to get the latest news. Also
> appreciate that not everyone will want to subscribe to the mailinglist but
> can encourage people that that is the way they can get involved.
>
> - Peter

I never said I would stop posting my opinions ect but having a
chronological speed, people love to see date and time stamps to show
progress.

If all we want is wiki data, then I guess I can throw it that way.

I just can't see the collective getting into a wiki for news
pertaining to the day to day happenings. I see news as for static
milestones of sorts.

Maybe I'm wrong.

Mike

Re: Apache Flex Team Blog

Bertrand Delacretaz
On Fri, Jan 6, 2012 at 10:09 PM, Michael Schmalle <[hidden email]> wrote:
> ...I never said I would stop posting my opinions ect but having a chronological
> speed, people love to see date and time stamps to show progress....

I agree with that, asked for a Flex blog at

I'm sure we'll need it - if someone volunteers to write that first
blog post (telling the story of this first exciting week?) I'd suggest
posting a draft here so that people can comment on it - publishing it
might be our first [VOTE] !

-Bertrand

Re: Apache Flex Team Blog

Rick Winscot
Speaking of visibility... has anyone grabbed up the @ApacheFlex twitter and facebook handle? I would recommend that 'someone' be assigned a PR role.

--
Rick Winscot

On Friday, January 6, 2012 at 4:15 PM, Bertrand Delacretaz wrote:

> On Fri, Jan 6, 2012 at 10:09 PM, Michael Schmalle <[hidden email] (mailto:[hidden email])> wrote:
> > ...I never said I would stop posting my opinions ect but having a chronological
> > speed, people love to see date and time stamps to show progress....
> >

> I agree with that, asked for a Flex blog at
>
> I'm sure we'll need it - if someone volunteers to write that first
> blog post (telling the story of this first exciting week?) I'd suggest
> posting a draft here so that people can comment on it - publishing it
> might be our first [VOTE] !
>
> -Bertrand

Re: Apache Flex Team Blog

Jun Heider

On Jan 6, 2012, at 2:34 PM, Rick Winscot wrote:

> Speaking of visibility... has anyone grabbed up the @ApacheFlex twitter and facebook handle? I would recommend that 'someone' be assigned a PR role.

Someone was quick. Username taken.

Re: Apache Flex Team Blog

Jeffry Houser

  Someone did on Twitter.  I don't know who, though. (
http://twitter.com/apacheflex/).

  I actually like their twitter icon, though.  :-)

On 1/6/2012 4:34 PM, Rick Winscot wrote:
> Speaking of visibility... has anyone grabbed up the @ApacheFlex twitter and facebook handle? I would recommend that 'someone' be assigned a PR role.

--
Jeffry Houser
Technical Entrepreneur
203-379-0773
--
http://www.flextras.com?c=104
http://www.theflexshow.com

Re: Apache Flex Team Blog

Brent Arnold
Wasn't me. Though I'd donate that as well if I could. :D

On 1/6/12 2:39 PM, Jeffry Houser wrote:

>  Someone did on Twitter.  I don't know who, though. (
> http://twitter.com/apacheflex/).
>
>  I actually like their twitter icon, though.  :-)
>
> On 1/6/2012 4:34 PM, Rick Winscot wrote:
>> Speaking of visibility... has anyone grabbed up the @ApacheFlex
>> twitter and facebook handle? I would recommend that 'someone' be
>> assigned a PR role.

Re: Apache Flex Team Blog

Raju Bitter
I've secured the Twitter account, and already contacted Bertrand to
hand the account over to Apache Flex.

- Raju

2012/1/6 Brent Arnold <[hidden email]>:

> Wasn't me. Though I'd donate that as well if I could. :D
>

> On 1/6/12 2:39 PM, Jeffry Houser wrote:
>>

>>  Someone did on Twitter.  I don't know who, though. (
>> http://twitter.com/apacheflex/).
>>
>>  I actually like their twitter icon, though.  :-)
>>
>> On 1/6/2012 4:34 PM, Rick Winscot wrote:
>>>
>>> Speaking of visibility... has anyone grabbed up the @ApacheFlex twitter
>>> and facebook handle? I would recommend that 'someone' be assigned a PR role.

Raju Bitter | Software Architect
cell: +49 (0) 176 322 011 96
fax: +49 (0) 8821 68 69 08 29
email: [hidden email]
Germany

Re: Apache Flex Team Blog

Michael Schmalle

> I've secured the Twitter account, and already contacted Bertrand to
> hand the account over to Apache Flex.
>
> - Raju

This is really great news Raju! Twitter is your friend, although it's
one that bites at your ankles.

Mike