Apache Flex for mobile

Fréderic Cox
I started working with Flex 4.6 for mobile today creating an iPad application and must say I am amazed at the possibilities and workflow. I am wondering though on how the Apache project will cooperate with AIR for mobile. Is there a guarantee that future versions of the SDK work with it? Is that something we should take care of or is it completely in Adobe's hands?

Re: Apache Flex for mobile

Arthur Lockman
I hope that it stays air compatible. Working with flex mobile with air
is a breeze, and there's really nothing like it. I hope it continues
to work with it.

---
Arthur Lockman
a.rthr.me
@arthurlockman
Sent from my iPhone

> I started working with Flex 4.6 for mobile today creating an iPad application and must say I am amazed at the possibilities and workflow. I am wondering though on how the Apache project will cooperate with AIR for mobile. Is there a guarantee that future versions of the SDK work with it? Is that something we should take care of or is it completely in Adobe's hands?

Re: Apache Flex for mobile

Jonathan Campos
I can tell you that it is my commitment. Take that for what it is worth.

--
Jonathan Campos
Dallas Flex User Group Manager
blog: http://www.unitedmindset.com/jonbcampos
twitter: http://www.twitter.com/jonbcampos

Re: Apache Flex for mobile

Arthur Lockman
Thats worth a lot. I'm glad to hear that.
-Arthur

---
Arthur Lockman
a.rthr.me
@arthurlockman
Sent from my iPhone

On Jan 4, 2012, at 4:38 PM, Jonathan Campos <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I can tell you that it is my commitment. Take that for what it is worth.
>
> On Wed, Jan 4, 2012 at 3:36 PM, Arthur Lockman <[hidden email]>wrote:
>
>> I hope that it stays air compatible. Working with flex mobile with air
>> is a breeze, and there's really nothing like it. I hope it continues
>> to work with it.
>>
>> ---
>> Arthur Lockman
>> a.rthr.me
>> @arthurlockman
>> Sent from my iPhone
>>
>> On Jan 4, 2012, at 4:30 PM, "Fréderic Cox" <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>>> I started working with Flex 4.6 for mobile today creating an iPad
>> application and must say I am amazed at the possibilities and workflow. I
>> am wondering though on how the Apache project will cooperate with AIR for
>> mobile. Is there a guarantee that future versions of the SDK work with it?
>> Is that something we should take care of or is it completely in Adobe's
>> hands?
>>

> --
> Jonathan Campos
> Dallas Flex User Group Manager
> http://www.d-flex.org/
> blog: http://www.unitedmindset.com/jonbcampos
> twitter: http://www.twitter.com/jonbcampos

Re: Apache Flex for mobile

Fréderic Cox
So do I, it's hard to convince clients. You can convince them with good
applications but they think Adobe is abandoning it due to all the
miscommunication so they are opting for HTML5 mobile apps.
I think AIR for mobile created with Flex is an extremely powerful tool
(combined with the .ane's)

On 04/01/12 22:36, "Arthur Lockman" <[hidden email]> wrote:

>I hope that it stays air compatible. Working with flex mobile with air
>is a breeze, and there's really nothing like it. I hope it continues
>to work with it.
>
>---
>Arthur Lockman
>a.rthr.me
>@arthurlockman
>Sent from my iPhone
>
>On Jan 4, 2012, at 4:30 PM, "Fréderic Cox" <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> I started working with Flex 4.6 for mobile today creating an iPad
>>application and must say I am amazed at the possibilities and workflow.
>>I am wondering though on how the Apache project will cooperate with AIR
>>for mobile. Is there a guarantee that future versions of the SDK work
>>with it? Is that something we should take care of or is it completely in
>>Adobe's hands?

Re: Apache Flex for mobile

Fréderic Cox
I call that a very good start :-)

Thanks

On 04/01/12 22:37, "Jonathan Campos" <[hidden email]> wrote:

>I can tell you that it is my commitment. Take that for what it is worth.
>
>On Wed, Jan 4, 2012 at 3:36 PM, Arthur Lockman
><[hidden email]>wrote:
>
>> I hope that it stays air compatible. Working with flex mobile with air
>> is a breeze, and there's really nothing like it. I hope it continues
>> to work with it.
>>
>> ---
>> Arthur Lockman
>> a.rthr.me
>> @arthurlockman
>> Sent from my iPhone
>>
>> On Jan 4, 2012, at 4:30 PM, "Fréderic Cox" <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> > I started working with Flex 4.6 for mobile today creating an iPad
>> application and must say I am amazed at the possibilities and workflow.
>> am wondering though on how the Apache project will cooperate with AIR
>>for
>> mobile. Is there a guarantee that future versions of the SDK work with
>>it?
>> Is that something we should take care of or is it completely in Adobe's
>> hands?
>>

>--
>Jonathan Campos
>Dallas Flex User Group Manager
>http://www.d-flex.org/
>blog: http://www.unitedmindset.com/jonbcampos
>twitter: http://www.twitter.com/jonbcampos

Re: Apache Flex for mobile

Alex Harui
A very important aspect of AIR is the new ability to package the AIR runtime
in your application.  That binds your app to a specific version if AIR
eliminating risk that some future version of AIR will break your app.  There
are issues with the total package size, but a smaller framework could reduce
the size in the future.

On 1/4/12 1:44 PM, "Fréderic Cox" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I call that a very good start :-)
>
> Thanks
>
> On 04/01/12 22:37, "Jonathan Campos" <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> I can tell you that it is my commitment. Take that for what it is worth.
>>
>> On Wed, Jan 4, 2012 at 3:36 PM, Arthur Lockman
>> <[hidden email]>wrote:
>>
>>> I hope that it stays air compatible. Working with flex mobile with air
>>> is a breeze, and there's really nothing like it. I hope it continues
>>> to work with it.
>>>
>>> ---
>>> Arthur Lockman
>>> a.rthr.me
>>> @arthurlockman
>>> Sent from my iPhone

>>> application and must say I am amazed at the possibilities and workflow.
>>> am wondering though on how the Apache project will cooperate with AIR
>>> for
>>> mobile. Is there a guarantee that future versions of the SDK work with
>>> it?
>>> Is that something we should take care of or is it completely in Adobe's
>>> hands?
>>>

>> --
>> Jonathan Campos
>> Dallas Flex User Group Manager
>> http://www.d-flex.org/
>> blog: http://www.unitedmindset.com/jonbcampos
>> twitter: http://www.twitter.com/jonbcampos

--
Alex Harui
Flex SDK Team
Adobe Systems, Inc.
http://blogs.adobe.com/aharui

Re: Apache Flex for mobile

Jeffry Houser
On 1/4/2012 4:43 PM, Fréderic Cox wrote:
> So do I, it's hard to convince clients. You can convince them with good
> applications but they think Adobe is abandoning it due to all the
> miscommunication so they are opting for HTML5 mobile apps.

  Be sure to let your clients know that AIR is the technology behind
things like Photoshop Touch.  Most of my clients have taken that as a
continued commitment to the platform.

--
Jeffry Houser
Technical Entrepreneur