[DISCUSS] Name of the FlexJS Fork

1234567 ... 9

Re: [DISCUSS] Name of the FlexJS Fork

Alex Harui-2
Here's my last thought of the day:

-Use Royale for the project name
-Use FlexJS for the product name
-Call the new JS-only packaging I'm working on "Royale".

Thoughts?
-Alex

On 9/14/17, 2:06 AM, "Piotr Zarzycki" <[hidden email]> wrote:

>I believe we need to have voting both for whether we should change, and
>later with all proposition of new name if VOTE pass.
>
>Piotr

>> > [...] so my preference stays with Blend
>> >

>> Bend, Erik, not BLend. Wow.
>>
>> EdB
>>

>> --
>> Ix Multimedia Software
>>
>> Jan Luykenstraat 27
>> 3521 VB Utrecht
>>
>> T. 06-51952295
>> I.
>>https://na01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=www.ixsoftware.nl&data
>>=02%7C01%7C%7C91263c249dc8426903e908d4fb4feb4d%7Cfa7b1b5a7b34438794aed2c1
>>78decee1%7C0%7C0%7C636409768045518882&sdata=s5HcVkyHqCMJG6mgC%2Flc5pNXw23
>>pnk6E%2BbvIZ%2BlqLCE%3D&reserved=0
>>

>--
>
>Piotr Zarzycki
>
>mobile: +48 880 859 557
>skype: zarzycki10
>
>LinkedIn:
>https://na01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.linked
>in.com%2Fpiotrzarzycki&data=02%7C01%7C%7C91263c249dc8426903e908d4fb4feb4d%
>7Cfa7b1b5a7b34438794aed2c178decee1%7C0%7C0%7C636409768045518882&sdata=Yq1C
>Mwe0kx5BO2zI7ljOA%2FSr6UpU4EVAD5LE0c2r7Cg%3D&reserved=0
><https://na01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fpl.linke
>din.com%2Fin%2Fpiotr-zarzycki-92a53552&data=02%7C01%7C%7C91263c249dc842690
>3e908d4fb4feb4d%7Cfa7b1b5a7b34438794aed2c178decee1%7C0%7C0%7C6364097680455
>18882&sdata=vWC3Jb34%2BdfFMoKI2KhlYVy4Yk4%2BRroiLhrErL3RURk%3D&reserved=0>

Re: [DISCUSS] Name of the FlexJS Fork

Here’s a list of other options which came up off-list:

> Limber (or maybe Limbre/Limbur for a unique name)
> LimberApp
> Boinga (unique name which retains the message)
>
> Actually, Bead or alternately Beed might be usable
> Strands can probably also work.

> Beads
>
> and second
>
> Strands

> Action

> KickAS
>
> Another idea: NewAction
>
> What about FractionScript?
>
> NewScript?
> Warp
>
> We can also go for a translation of Flex.
>
> Biegen anyone? ;-)
>
> The Swedish translation looks cool: Böja

> Maybe something to do with connections or lineage...  Heritage / Ancestry / Derivation ?
>
> Or more towards the future / destination.... arrive / attain / reach / emerge / dawn / arise
>

> "AS Dawn" sounds like a new beginning.

> On Sep 14, 2017, at 8:01 AM, Piotr Zarzycki <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Don't you think guys that is too much references, regarding what Alex found?
>
> We are writing in AS - what about emphasis this to RoyaleAS?
>
> I'm still not sure yet whether name change convince me..
>
> Piotr
>
> On Thu, Sep 14, 2017, 03:35 Jeffry Houser <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Wasn't Royale the beta name for some version of Flex?  [Flex 2? or was
>> it Flex 1?]
>>

>> On 9/13/2017 6:30 PM, Dave Fisher wrote:
>>> Hi -
>>>
>>> I did a quick suitable name search.
>>>
>>> Royale might be taken by this individual’s project
>>> https://github.com/ian-culleton/royale
>>>
>>> Otherwise Royale in a TESS search is liquor and beauty products mostly.
>>> There is a lot of “Clash Royale"
>>>
>>> And there is also “Royale with Cheese” - a reference in Pulp Fiction
>>> to what a Macdonald’s Quarter Pounder is called in Paris.
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>> Dave

>> always

>> for

>> --
>> Jeffry Houser
>> Technical Entrepreneur
>> http://www.dot-com-it.com
>> http://www.jeffryhouser.com
>> 203-379-0773

Re: [DISCUSS] Name of the FlexJS Fork

I just would like to mention that it seems to me that there's an inner urge
inside most of us to leave the beaten paths and to build a new identity for
FlexJS which is more appropriate to this awesome technology in any respects.

Moreover, it seems to me more and more that such a new shiny identity
provides a fair chance to get more people involved.

I just fear the effort.
So thank you, Carlos, for your offer to help out with this!!!

I like "bøje" which is the Danish translation for "bend"
(I think this was already suggested by Harbs anywhere).

I also like anagrams and words as names that don't exist yet, e.g.:
Flex -> elfX

However and whatever name, you got me!

Re: [DISCUSS] Name of the FlexJS Fork

Harbs
I agree that for a new name it should just be something unique with a good “ring” to it.

Harbs

> On Sep 14, 2017, at 12:49 PM, Olaf Krueger <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi,
> I just would like to mention that it seems to me that there's an inner urge
> inside most of us to leave the beaten paths and to build a new identity for
> FlexJS which is more appropriate to this awesome technology in any respects.
>
> Moreover, it seems to me more and more that such a new shiny identity
> provides a fair chance to get more people involved.
>
> I just fear the effort.
> So thank you, Carlos, for your offer to help out with this!!!
>
> I like "bøje" which is the Danish translation for "bend"
> (I think this was already suggested by Harbs anywhere).
>
> I also like anagrams and words as names that don't exist yet, e.g.:
> Flex -> elfX
>
> However and whatever name, you got me!
>
> Olaf

> Sent from: http://apache-flex-development.2333347.n4.nabble.com/

RE: [DISCUSS] Name of the FlexJS Fork

yishayw
How is Royale pronounced? Can Americans pronounce it and stay alive? I would go with a max 2 syllable word. If it’s Roh-yah-lay, then sorry Carlos, I’d send you back to the drawing board.

I agree that for a new name it should just be something unique with a good “ring” to it.

Harbs

> On Sep 14, 2017, at 12:49 PM, Olaf Krueger <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi,
> I just would like to mention that it seems to me that there's an inner urge
> inside most of us to leave the beaten paths and to build a new identity for
> FlexJS which is more appropriate to this awesome technology in any respects.
>
> Moreover, it seems to me more and more that such a new shiny identity
> provides a fair chance to get more people involved.
>
> I just fear the effort.
> So thank you, Carlos, for your offer to help out with this!!!
>
> I like "bøje" which is the Danish translation for "bend"
> (I think this was already suggested by Harbs anywhere).
>
> I also like anagrams and words as names that don't exist yet, e.g.:
> Flex -> elfX
>
> However and whatever name, you got me!
>
> Olaf

> Sent from: http://apache-flex-development.2333347.n4.nabble.com/

Re: [DISCUSS] Name of the FlexJS Fork

piotrz
Good point from Yishay :) i also really like Boja or Bend.

> How is Royale pronounced? Can Americans pronounce it and stay alive? I
> would go with a max 2 syllable word. If it’s Roh-yah-lay, then sorry
> Carlos, I’d send you back to the drawing board.

Kessler CTR Mark J
Royale sounds too much like Pulp Fiction...

    I do like the idea of the project and frameworks have similar names.  Although I don't mind either way.  If it's like having a make and a model, I would consider Apache more of the Make field and the Model being the SDK/framework which skips our project name all together.

    In our environment they hear the framework name, but do not know what it means, they simply just see the end result of the products we produce.  We are judged on what our target application looks, feels, and functions like.  Once we get rid of the Flash dependency, the only negative perception will go away.  So the ultimate framework just needs to have professional name and website.

Selling the concept of the framework is rated for us in three main aspects.

1.  Longevity; knowing it will be around a long time.

2.  Consistency that the structure, classes, and properties that we end up using won't be constantly changing (adding to is fine).

3.  Activity on the project showing its alive and well.

-Mark K

Re: [DISCUSS] Name of the FlexJS Fork

Jeffry Houser

  Is it worth adding, this seems to have killed Angular, allowing React
to take the top spot?  A running joke with some of my web dev friends is
that Angular did the same thing that Flex did with regards to Spark vs
Halo.  They built a brand new framework with [almost] the same name that
provides a completely different approach to building applications.  In
the HTML space, since a lot of people felt they were starting 'from
scratch' anyway, they moved to other technologies.

--
Jeffry Houser
Technical Entrepreneur
203-379-0773

Re: [DISCUSS] Name of the FlexJS Fork

Jeffry Houser

  My personal opinion is that an AS Moniker will turn off a lot more
people than a JS Moniker.

  I Am not a lawyer, but I suspect that if someone had a trademark on
Royale related to software, that RoyaleAS still may be considered
infringing.

--
Jeffry Houser
Technical Entrepreneur
203-379-0773

Re: [DISCUSS] Name of the FlexJS Fork

Dave Fisher
Like these two names - Roy-Al

Sent from my iPhone

> On Sep 14, 2017, at 4:15 AM, Yishay Weiss <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> How is Royale pronounced? Can Americans pronounce it and stay alive? I would go with a max 2 syllable word. If it’s Roh-yah-lay, then sorry Carlos, I’d send you back to the drawing board.

Even that is hard to explain on email.  I think "Royal" has more emphasis
on the first syllable "ROY-el" and "Royale" is a bit more like "ro-YELL".

Dictionary.com:  Royale [roi-AL]
                 Royal [[ROI-uh l]

http://www.dictionary.com/browse/royale?s=t
Click on the pronunciation button.

HTH,
-Alex

On 9/14/17, 8:12 AM, "Dave Fisher" <[hidden email]> wrote:

>Like these two names - Roy-Al
>
>Sent from my iPhone
>
>> On Sep 14, 2017, at 4:15 AM, Yishay Weiss <[hidden email]>
>>wrote:
>>
>> How is Royale pronounced? Can Americans pronounce it and stay alive? I
>>would go with a max 2 syllable word. If it’s Roh-yah-lay, then sorry
>>Carlos, I’d send you back to the drawing board.

Mihai Chira
How about FlexForward? Maybe better for the project name.

On Thu, 14 Sep 2017 11:48 Harbs <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Here’s a list of other options which came up off-list:
>
> > Limber (or maybe Limbre/Limbur for a unique name)
> > LimberApp
> > Boinga (unique name which retains the message)
> >
> > Actually, Bead or alternately Beed might be usable
> > Strands can probably also work.
>
> > Beads
> >
> > and second
> >
> > Strands
>
> > Action
>

> > KickAS
> >
> > Another idea: NewAction
> >
> > What about FractionScript?
> >
> > NewScript?
> > Warp
> >
> > We can also go for a translation of Flex.
> >
> > Biegen anyone? ;-)
> >
> > The Swedish translation looks cool: Böja
>
> > Maybe something to do with connections or lineage...  Heritage /
> Ancestry / Derivation ?
> >
> > Or more towards the future / destination.... arrive / attain / reach /
> emerge / dawn / arise
> >

> > "AS Dawn" sounds like a new beginning.
>

> > On Sep 14, 2017, at 8:01 AM, Piotr Zarzycki <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
> >
> > Don't you think guys that is too much references, regarding what Alex
> found?
> >
> > We are writing in AS - what about emphasis this to RoyaleAS?
> >
> > I'm still not sure yet whether name change convince me..
> >
> > Piotr
> >
> > On Thu, Sep 14, 2017, 03:35 Jeffry Houser <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> >> Wasn't Royale the beta name for some version of Flex?  [Flex 2? or was
> >> it Flex 1?]

> with

> >> always

> do

> morning.

> we
> other

> >> for

> >> --
> >> Jeffry Houser
> >> Technical Entrepreneur
> >> http://www.dot-com-it.com
> >> http://www.jeffryhouser.com
> >> 203-379-0773

Re: [DISCUSS] Name of the FlexJS Fork

Erik de Bruin
BendForward...

(just kidding!)

EdB

--
Ix Multimedia Software

Jan Luykenstraat 27
3521 VB Utrecht

T. 06-51952295
I. www.ixsoftware.nl

Re: [DISCUSS] Name of the FlexJS Fork

I just heard back from Adobe Branding.  They confirmed they do not own a
trademark for Royale and they don't care if we use it.

On 9/14/17, 9:47 AM, "Alex Harui" <[hidden email]> wrote:

>Even that is hard to explain on email.  I think "Royal" has more emphasis
>on the first syllable "ROY-el" and "Royale" is a bit more like "ro-YELL".
>
>Dictionary.com:  Royale [roi-AL]
>                 Royal [[ROI-uh l]
>

>https://na01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.dictio
>nary.com%2Fbrowse%2Froyale%3Fs%3Dt&data=02%7C01%7C%7C0c46e80df1784aa366110
>8d4fb9047bc%7Cfa7b1b5a7b34438794aed2c178decee1%7C0%7C0%7C63641004447830930
>8&sdata=rlJ7AJ5JcggoPNCB%2FQkClIb8v2JOpj0bANGrG%2BGX2vs%3D&reserved=0
>Click on the pronunciation button.
>
>HTH,
>-Alex
>
>On 9/14/17, 8:12 AM, "Dave Fisher" <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>>Like these two names - Roy-Al
>>
>>Sent from my iPhone
>>
>>> On Sep 14, 2017, at 4:15 AM, Yishay Weiss <[hidden email]>
>>>wrote:
>>>
>>> How is Royale pronounced? Can Americans pronounce it and stay alive? I
>>>would go with a max 2 syllable word. If it’s Roh-yah-lay, then sorry
>>>Carlos, I’d send you back to the drawing board.

Justin M. Hill

Hi everyone,

I am not someone with an official vote, but I wanted to express my concern
about ditching the FlexJS name.

The largest possible market for adoption of a new "javascript" solution is
to go after those who have stuck with Flex.   There are FAR too many
javascript solutions on the market right now.

If the vote is to change the name, this will:

-- confuse the people who have been patiently waiting for FlexJS to get to
1.0 so they can dive in.

-- get lost in the noise of all of the other far more well popularized
javascript frameworks like Angular, React, etc.

-- lose the feeling, however small it may be, that those who came from the
Flex background can expect to have some of their knowledge recycled.

These are 3 critical aspects in terms of raising awareness and having a
potentially devoted following of one technology (Flex) star to transition
and champion to a new one (FlexJS).

If we lose that, then we effectively have to target against ALL javascript
frameworks, most notably ones that are heavily entrenched already and
supported by giant company resources like Google and Facebook.

I am strongly opposed to a name change.  I think this would be a huge
mistake.

On top of that, picking a new name and gaining awareness of it is HARD.

It should be reason enough for the Apache powers-that-be to approve a
project change to avoid being stuck with a huge legacy Flex bugbase that
Adobe donated, and instead start fresh with our 1.0 name.

If that cannot be achieved, then at a bare minimum we should seek to keep
the name FlexJS.

Regarding targeting something other than Javascript -- like SWF or AIR -- I
realize the debug aspect benefits are important, but all this is going to
do is confuse people.

I have read about HaXe a dozen times, and I never understand what it does
because apparently it does too much.   A swiss army knife is a lot more
confusing to use then a fixed head screwdriver.

Please, we have spent SO much time trying to get to 1.0 -- lets get FOCUSED
on delivering what everyone outside of the community of active participants
here has been waiting on, which is a future direction for their Flex
efforts.

Thank you,

Justin Hill
http://Prominic.NET | Skype: JustinProminic

My Apache Flex community contribution is working on the open
source Moonshine-IDE.com for FlexJS.

Re: [DISCUSS] Name of the FlexJS Fork

Dave Fisher
Your community view is important. I encourage you to VOTE!

Regards,
Dave

Sent from my iPhone

> On Sep 14, 2017, at 1:07 PM, Justin M. Hill <[hidden email]> wrote:
>

> Hi everyone,
>
> I am not someone with an official vote, but I wanted to express my concern
> about ditching the FlexJS name.
>
> The largest possible market for adoption of a new "javascript" solution is
> to go after those who have stuck with Flex.   There are FAR too many
> javascript solutions on the market right now.
>
> If the vote is to change the name, this will:
>
> -- confuse the people who have been patiently waiting for FlexJS to get to
> 1.0 so they can dive in.
>
> -- get lost in the noise of all of the other far more well popularized
> javascript frameworks like Angular, React, etc.
>
> -- lose the feeling, however small it may be, that those who came from the
> Flex background can expect to have some of their knowledge recycled.
>

> These are 3 critical aspects in terms of raising awareness and having a
> potentially devoted following of one technology (Flex) star to transition
> and champion to a new one (FlexJS).
>
> If we lose that, then we effectively have to target against ALL javascript
> frameworks, most notably ones that are heavily entrenched already and
> supported by giant company resources like Google and Facebook.
>

> I am strongly opposed to a name change.  I think this would be a huge
> mistake.
>
> On top of that, picking a new name and gaining awareness of it is HARD.
>
> It should be reason enough for the Apache powers-that-be to approve a
> project change to avoid being stuck with a huge legacy Flex bugbase that
> Adobe donated, and instead start fresh with our 1.0 name.
>
> If that cannot be achieved, then at a bare minimum we should seek to keep
> the name FlexJS.
>

> Regarding targeting something other than Javascript -- like SWF or AIR -- I
> realize the debug aspect benefits are important, but all this is going to
> do is confuse people.
>
> I have read about HaXe a dozen times, and I never understand what it does
> because apparently it does too much.   A swiss army knife is a lot more
> confusing to use then a fixed head screwdriver.
>
> Please, we have spent SO much time trying to get to 1.0 -- lets get FOCUSED
> on delivering what everyone outside of the community of active participants
> here has been waiting on, which is a future direction for their Flex
> efforts.
>
> Thank you,
>
> Justin Hill
> http://Prominic.NET | Skype: JustinProminic
>
> My Apache Flex community contribution is working on the open
> source Moonshine-IDE.com for FlexJS.

Re: [DISCUSS] Name of the FlexJS Fork

Hi Justin,

Great to hear from you on this.  Do you think it would be a problem if the
project name != product name?  That we call the project Royale for example
and ship a product called FlexJS?

On 9/14/17, 1:07 PM, "Justin M. Hill" <[hidden email]> wrote:

>Hi everyone,
>
>I am not someone with an official vote, but I wanted to express my concern
>about ditching the FlexJS name.
>
>The largest possible market for adoption of a new "javascript" solution is
>to go after those who have stuck with Flex.   There are FAR too many
>javascript solutions on the market right now.
>
>If the vote is to change the name, this will:
>
>-- confuse the people who have been patiently waiting for FlexJS to get to
>1.0 so they can dive in.
>
>-- get lost in the noise of all of the other far more well popularized
>javascript frameworks like Angular, React, etc.
>
>-- lose the feeling, however small it may be, that those who came from the
>Flex background can expect to have some of their knowledge recycled.
>

>These are 3 critical aspects in terms of raising awareness and having a
>potentially devoted following of one technology (Flex) star to transition
>and champion to a new one (FlexJS).
>
>If we lose that, then we effectively have to target against ALL javascript
>frameworks, most notably ones that are heavily entrenched already and
>supported by giant company resources like Google and Facebook.
>

>I am strongly opposed to a name change.  I think this would be a huge
>mistake.
>
>On top of that, picking a new name and gaining awareness of it is HARD.
>
>It should be reason enough for the Apache powers-that-be to approve a
>project change to avoid being stuck with a huge legacy Flex bugbase that
>Adobe donated, and instead start fresh with our 1.0 name.
>
>If that cannot be achieved, then at a bare minimum we should seek to keep
>the name FlexJS.
>

>Regarding targeting something other than Javascript -- like SWF or AIR --
>realize the debug aspect benefits are important, but all this is going to
>do is confuse people.
>
>I have read about HaXe a dozen times, and I never understand what it does
>because apparently it does too much.   A swiss army knife is a lot more
>confusing to use then a fixed head screwdriver.
>
>Please, we have spent SO much time trying to get to 1.0 -- lets get
>FOCUSED
>on delivering what everyone outside of the community of active
>participants
>here has been waiting on, which is a future direction for their Flex
>efforts.
>
>Thank you,
>
>Justin Hill
>https://na01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=http%3A%2F%2FProminic.N
>ET&data=02%7C01%7C%7C40c91c1f39dd46586e3708d4fbac4d4f%7Cfa7b1b5a7b34438794
>aed2c178decee1%7C0%7C0%7C636410164842659490&sdata=NLZYJpAcCc1vu%2FoFGCLv5u
>HdxM9Q2mvdLWr2xK8unGw%3D&reserved=0 | Skype: JustinProminic
>
>My Apache Flex community contribution is working on the open
>source Moonshine-IDE.com for FlexJS.

Re: [DISCUSS] Name of the FlexJS Fork

It’s great to have another perspective on this.

Some of these issues can be addressed by SEO.

It could be that we should be careful about changing names, and / or timing of changing names.

Alex does make a good point that the project name does not need to be the same as the product name. It might make sense to keep the product as FlexJS for now at least and just pick a different project name. The product name is easier to change than the project name and a project can have more than one product.

If I would pick a reference to a product which did a major rebranding to drop associations to old technology it would be Xojo. I’m not sure how many here are familiar with it, but it used to be call REALBasic. A few years back they rebranded as Xojo. I don’t think it made much of a difference to the folks using it. I have no idea if it helped them or not.

Harbs

> On Sep 14, 2017, at 11:07 PM, Justin M. Hill <[hidden email]> wrote:
>

> Hi everyone,
>
> I am not someone with an official vote, but I wanted to express my concern
> about ditching the FlexJS name.
>
> The largest possible market for adoption of a new "javascript" solution is
> to go after those who have stuck with Flex.   There are FAR too many
> javascript solutions on the market right now.
>
> If the vote is to change the name, this will:
>
> -- confuse the people who have been patiently waiting for FlexJS to get to
> 1.0 so they can dive in.
>
> -- get lost in the noise of all of the other far more well popularized
> javascript frameworks like Angular, React, etc.
>
> -- lose the feeling, however small it may be, that those who came from the
> Flex background can expect to have some of their knowledge recycled.
>

> These are 3 critical aspects in terms of raising awareness and having a
> potentially devoted following of one technology (Flex) star to transition
> and champion to a new one (FlexJS).
>
> If we lose that, then we effectively have to target against ALL javascript
> frameworks, most notably ones that are heavily entrenched already and
> supported by giant company resources like Google and Facebook.
>

> I am strongly opposed to a name change.  I think this would be a huge
> mistake.
>
> On top of that, picking a new name and gaining awareness of it is HARD.
>
> It should be reason enough for the Apache powers-that-be to approve a
> project change to avoid being stuck with a huge legacy Flex bugbase that
> Adobe donated, and instead start fresh with our 1.0 name.
>
> If that cannot be achieved, then at a bare minimum we should seek to keep
> the name FlexJS.
>

> Regarding targeting something other than Javascript -- like SWF or AIR -- I
> realize the debug aspect benefits are important, but all this is going to
> do is confuse people.
>
> I have read about HaXe a dozen times, and I never understand what it does
> because apparently it does too much.   A swiss army knife is a lot more
> confusing to use then a fixed head screwdriver.
>
> Please, we have spent SO much time trying to get to 1.0 -- lets get FOCUSED
> on delivering what everyone outside of the community of active participants
> here has been waiting on, which is a future direction for their Flex
> efforts.
>
> Thank you,
>
> Justin Hill
> http://Prominic.NET | Skype: JustinProminic
>
> My Apache Flex community contribution is working on the open
> source Moonshine-IDE.com for FlexJS.

Re: [DISCUSS] Name of the FlexJS Fork

Peter Ent-2
If the project name were to be "Apache Royale" and produced FlexJS, and
the Apache Royale web page/wiki referenced FlexJS and made it available
for Google searches, then anyone who was interested in or heard about
FlexJS and searched for "FlexJS" (or "Flex" or "Adobe Flex" or "Apache
Flex" or "ActionScript Flex" or <etc>), they should get a link to Apache
Royale in their search results. The blurb that accompanies the search
result should mention FlexJS. I think that would be enough to pique
interest and get a click.

Substitute "Royale" for whatever name you'd like the project to be called.

‹peter

On 9/14/17, 5:16 PM, "Harbs" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> [...]
>> because apparently it does too much.   A swiss army knife is a lot more
>> confusing to use then a fixed head screwdriver.
>>
>> Please, we have spent SO much time trying to get to 1.0 -- lets get
>>FOCUSED
>> on delivering what everyone outside of the community of active
>>participants
>> here has been waiting on, which is a future direction for their Flex
>> efforts.
>>
>> Thank you,
>>
>> Justin Hill
>>
>>https://na01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=http%3A%2F%2FProminic.
>>NET&data=02%7C01%7C%7Ce3d4e33b77f840be8d2b08d4fbb5d605%7Cfa7b1b5a7b344387
>>94aed2c178decee1%7C0%7C0%7C636410205784877857&sdata=cw5LAiH6bOvULqdsdx4NL
>>GWNUawI58dy%2F4fqTI5aCaM%3D&reserved=0 | Skype: JustinProminic
>>
>> My Apache Flex community contribution is working on the open

Guys,

Reading Justin's thoughts we should really consider all of that. We can
loose a lot of already gathered attention even if Carlos will put effort
for new brand.

+1 for having Product Name as FlexJS. That would be the bridge which can
hold us.

Piotr