[Discuss] Apache Flex SDK Installer 3.3.1 RC2*

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
41 messages Options
123
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

[Discuss] Apache Flex SDK Installer 3.3.1 RC2*

piotrz
 Hi,

This is official discuss thread! I need folks who try installer especially
on Windows with newest Apache Flex SDK.

Thanks,
--

Piotr Zarzycki

Patreon: *https://www.patreon.com/piotrzarzycki
<https://www.patreon.com/piotrzarzycki>*
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [Discuss] Apache Flex SDK Installer 3.3.1 RC2*

Phil Haeusler
Hi Piotr

I have tried RC2, and found that is now successfully installs over the
v3.3.0 release on windows.

However, I am still receiving an error after the the validating download
for the osmf.swc

Install logs below

Phil


Installer version 3.3.1 (windows)
Using Locale: en_US
Fetched the SDK download mirror URL from the CGI.
SDK version Apache Flex SDK 4.13.0
AIR version 29.0
Flash Player version 29.0
Creating Apache Flex home
Creating temporary directory
Downloading Apache Flex SDK from:
http://archive.apache.org/dist/flex/4.13.0/binaries/apache-flex-sdk-4.13.0-bin.zip
Using file from cache:
file:////Mac/Home/Downloads/Apache%20Flex%20Installer%20Cache/dist/flex/4.13.0/binaries/apache-flex-sdk-4.13.0-bin.zip
Verifying Apache Flex SDK MD5 Signature
The Apache Flex SDK MD5 Signature of the downloaded files matches the
reference. The file is valid.
Uncompressing:
C:\flex-sdks\flex_sdk_413_air29_win2\temp\apache-flex-sdk-4.13.0-bin.zip
Finished uncompressing:
C:\flex-sdks\flex_sdk_413_air29_win2\temp\apache-flex-sdk-4.13.0-bin.zip
Downloading Adobe AIR Runtime Kit for Windows from:
http://airdownload.adobe.com/air/win/download/29.0//AdobeAIRSDK.zip
Using file from cache: \\Mac\Home\Downloads\Apache Flex Installer
Cache/air/win/download/29.0//AdobeAIRSDK.zip
Finished uncompressing:
C:\flex-sdks\flex_sdk_413_air29_win2/in/AdobeAIRSDK.zip
Installing Adobe Flash Player playerglobal.swc from:
http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/get/flashplayer/updaters/29//playerglobal29_0.swc
Using file from cache: \\Mac\Home\Downloads\Apache Flex Installer
Cache/get/flashplayer/updaters/29//playerglobal29_0.swc
Downloading 2.2.zip from: https://github.com/swfobject/swfobject/archive
Using file from cache: \\Mac\Home\Downloads\Apache Flex Installer
Cache/swfobject/swfobject/archive/2.2.zip
Download complete
Downloading OSMF.swc from:
http://downloads.sourceforge.net/project/osmf.adobe/OSMF%202.0%20Release%20%28final%20source%2C%20ASDocs%2C%20pdf%20guides%20and%20release%20notes%29
Validating download:
C:\flex-sdks\flex_sdk_413_air29_win2/frameworks/libs/osmf.swc
Error #2038
Error: Error #2038
at org.apache.flex.ant.tags::Copy/doCopy()
at org.apache.flex.ant::Ant/doCallback()
at InstallApacheFlex/enterFrameHandler()
Installation aborted:
http://flex.apache.org/track-installer.html?failure=true&label=Apache Flex
SDK 4.13.0&version=4.13.0&os=windows&installerversion=3.3.1&info=Error #2038
Error: Error #2038
at org.apache.flex.ant.tags::Copy/doCopy()
at org.apache.flex.ant::Ant/doCallback()
at InstallApacheFlex/enterFrameHandler()




On 17 April 2018 at 16:53, Piotr Zarzycki <[hidden email]> wrote:

>  Hi,
>
> This is official discuss thread! I need folks who try installer especially
> on Windows with newest Apache Flex SDK.
>
> Thanks,
> --
>
> Piotr Zarzycki
>
> Patreon: *https://www.patreon.com/piotrzarzycki
> <https://www.patreon.com/piotrzarzycki>*
>
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [Discuss] Apache Flex SDK Installer 3.3.1 RC2*

piotrz
Phil,

I just tried again that RC and I didn't experience this issue. In the
previous one I was able to reproduce it.

<http://apache-flex-development.2333347.n4.nabble.com/file/t740/flex_4.png>

Any chance try on another Machine ?

Thanks,
Piotr



-----
Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/piotrzarzycki
--
Sent from: http://apache-flex-development.2333347.n4.nabble.com/
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [Discuss] Apache Flex SDK Installer 3.3.1 RC2*

Justin Mclean
Administrator
In reply to this post by Phil Haeusler
Hi,

Error #2038 is fairly generic but it could be:
- windows firewall is blocking that server/port
- AIR apps used use IE proxy setting (not sure if that still is the case). You might what to check your IE proxy settings for SSL and see that they are correct.

Thanks,
Justin
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [Discuss] Apache Flex SDK Installer 3.3.1 RC2*

piotrz
Hi Alex,

Moving to discussion thread. Unfortunately I don't have any options to test
on Windows 8. Just a stupid thing - can you even install Adobe Air there ?
If you did post some picture note that mailing list will remove it. You can
use nabble to add picture. [1]

[1]
http://apache-flex-development.2333347.n4.nabble.com/Discuss-Apache-Flex-SDK-Installer-3-3-1-RC2-td65185.html

Thanks,
Piotr

2018-04-17 9:21 GMT+02:00 Justin Mclean <[hidden email]>:

> Hi,
>
> Error #2038 is fairly generic but it could be:
> - windows firewall is blocking that server/port
> - AIR apps used use IE proxy setting (not sure if that still is the case).
> You might what to check your IE proxy settings for SSL and see that they
> are correct.
>
> Thanks,
> Justin




--

Piotr Zarzycki

Patreon: *https://www.patreon.com/piotrzarzycki
<https://www.patreon.com/piotrzarzycki>*
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [Discuss] Apache Flex SDK Installer 3.3.1 RC2*

alexp
I have had Flash Builder, Flash Professional, Animate 2015 and Animate 2017,
and AIR on this machine for many years with no problems. It looked like the
install worked correctly - it just needs correct libraries to run.



--
Sent from: http://apache-flex-development.2333347.n4.nabble.com/
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [Discuss] Apache Flex SDK Installer 3.3.1 RC2*

OmPrakash Muppirala
I was able to install the app fine.  The SDK was downloaded fine as well,
but it looks like Adobe AIR took a very long time to load.

Thanks,
Om

On Tue, Apr 17, 2018 at 12:14 PM, alexp <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I have had Flash Builder, Flash Professional, Animate 2015 and Animate
> 2017,
> and AIR on this machine for many years with no problems. It looked like the
> install worked correctly - it just needs correct libraries to run.
>
>
>
> --
> Sent from: http://apache-flex-development.2333347.n4.nabble.com/
>
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [Discuss] Apache Flex SDK Installer 3.3.1 RC2*

piotrz
Om,

If you went on the Windows that's possible. I'm using Powershell to
download. It's not going too fast. ;)

Thanks,
Piotr

On Tue, Apr 17, 2018, 11:26 PM OmPrakash Muppirala <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> I was able to install the app fine.  The SDK was downloaded fine as well,
> but it looks like Adobe AIR took a very long time to load.
>
> Thanks,
> Om
>
> On Tue, Apr 17, 2018 at 12:14 PM, alexp <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > I have had Flash Builder, Flash Professional, Animate 2015 and Animate
> > 2017,
> > and AIR on this machine for many years with no problems. It looked like
> the
> > install worked correctly - it just needs correct libraries to run.
> >
> >
> >
> > --
> > Sent from: http://apache-flex-development.2333347.n4.nabble.com/
> >
>
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [Discuss] Apache Flex SDK Installer 3.3.1 RC2*

alexp
In reply to this post by piotrz
I tried on another Windows 8 laptop.  The gui came up, but the install failed
with the following log

Installer version 3.3.1 (windows)
Using Locale: en_US
Fetched the SDK download mirror URL from the CGI.
SDK version Apache Flex SDK 4.16.1
AIR version 29.0
Flash Player version 29.0
Creating Apache Flex home
Creating temporary directory
Downloading Apache Flex SDK from:
http://apache.claz.org/flex/4.16.1/binaries/apache-flex-sdk-4.16.1-bin.zip
Verifying Apache Flex SDK MD5 Signature
The Apache Flex SDK MD5 Signature of the downloaded files matches the
reference. The file is valid.
Uncompressing: C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe Flash Builder
4.7\sdks\4.16.1\temp\apache-flex-sdk-4.16.1-bin.zip
Finished uncompressing: C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe Flash Builder
4.7\sdks\4.16.1\temp\apache-flex-sdk-4.16.1-bin.zip
Downloading Adobe AIR Runtime Kit for Windows from:
http://airdownload.adobe.com/air/win/download/29.0//AdobeAIRSDK.zip
Validating download: C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe Flash Builder
4.7\sdks\4.16.1/in/AdobeAIRSDK.zip
Finished uncompressing: C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe Flash Builder
4.7\sdks\4.16.1/in/AdobeAIRSDK.zip
Installing Adobe Flash Player playerglobal.swc from:
http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/get/flashplayer/updaters/29//playerglobal29_0.swc
Validating download: C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe Flash Builder
4.7\sdks\4.16.1/frameworks/libs/player/29.0/playerglobal.swc
Downloading 2.2.zip from: https://github.com/swfobject/swfobject/archive
      [get] [IOErrorEvent type="ioError" bubbles=false cancelable=false
eventPhase=2 text="Error #2032" errorID=2032]

Note: I have Flash Builder installed under the Programs directory (not
Programs (x86) ).  The insistence that the SDK was installed under the
Programs (x86) directory meant that it was not in the same directory
structure as the rest of Flash Builder.




--
Sent from: http://apache-flex-development.2333347.n4.nabble.com/
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [Discuss] Apache Flex SDK Installer 3.3.1 RC2*

Justin Mclean-5
Hi,

> Downloading 2.2.zip from: https://github.com/swfobject/swfobject/archive
>      [get] [IOErrorEvent type="ioError" bubbles=false cancelable=false
> eventPhase=2 text="Error #2032" errorID=2032]

It looks like the first https call is failing. Air us to use IE’s proxy settings (not 100% sure if it currently does) you might want to check what they are and if it correctly set up for https. You might also want to check windows firewall.

Thanks,
Justin
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [Discuss] Apache Flex SDK Installer 3.3.1 RC2*

Phil Haeusler
In reply to this post by piotrz
Piotr

I have reinstalled the 3.3.1 RC2 install on both Mac and Windows for Flex
4.13 and AIR29.  Both now package the SDK and complete successfully.

With my tests yesterday I was using the download cache while today I forced
the installer to re-download everything.  I'm not sure if this was a
contributing factor to my success today or not on Windows.

However, I have noticed a significant size difference between the Mac and
Windows builds of the SDK.

The Mac folder is 119.2MB in size while the Windows is 1.15GB.

It appears that the Mac installer didn't overlay the AIR sdk by looking at
the generated folder.  I've tried this a couple of times now and it happens
consistently.

The folder contents of the Mac and Windows sdks created with the installer
are below.

Thanks
Phil


phil:flex_sdk_413_air29-mac du -sh *

4.0K CONTRIBUTING

 40K LICENSE

4.0K NOTICE

 28K README

 64K RELEASE_NOTES

284K ant

 32K apache-flex-sdk-installer-config.xml

1.2M asdoc

120K bin

4.0K build.properties

8.0K en_AU.properties

8.0K env-template.properties

4.0K flex-sdk-description.xml

 86M frameworks

136K ide

 16K installer.log

 80K installer.properties

 48K installer.xml

 30M lib

6.3M samples

 84K sdk-installer-config-4.0.xml

 72K templates

phil:flex_sdk_413_air29-win du -sh *

 16K AIR SDK Readme.txt

1.5M AIR SDK license.pdf

4.0K CONTRIBUTING

 40K LICENSE

4.0K NOTICE

 28K README

 64K RELEASE_NOTES

 12K airsdk.xml

396K ant

 32K apache-flex-sdk-installer-config.xml

1.2M asdoc

496K bin

4.0K build.properties

 12K en_US.properties

8.0K env-template.properties

4.0K flex-sdk-description.xml

103M frameworks

184K ide

 36K include

8.7M install

 12K installer.log

 96K installer.properties

 48K installer.xml

936M lib

152M runtimes

7.1M samples

 84K sdk-installer-config-4.0.xml

752K templates




On 17 April 2018 at 17:13, piotrz <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Phil,
>
> I just tried again that RC and I didn't experience this issue. In the
> previous one I was able to reproduce it.
>
> <http://apache-flex-development.2333347.n4.nabble.com/file/t740/flex_4.png>
>
>
> Any chance try on another Machine ?
>
> Thanks,
> Piotr
>
>
>
> -----
> Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/piotrzarzycki
> --
> Sent from: http://apache-flex-development.2333347.n4.nabble.com/
>
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [Discuss] Apache Flex SDK Installer 3.3.1 RC2*

piotrz
Hi Phil,

I see that also. If you point in your IDE on Mac that SDK - are you able to
build any project ?

Thanks,
Piotr

2018-04-18 3:42 GMT+02:00 Phil Haeusler <[hidden email]>:

> Piotr
>
> I have reinstalled the 3.3.1 RC2 install on both Mac and Windows for Flex
> 4.13 and AIR29.  Both now package the SDK and complete successfully.
>
> With my tests yesterday I was using the download cache while today I forced
> the installer to re-download everything.  I'm not sure if this was a
> contributing factor to my success today or not on Windows.
>
> However, I have noticed a significant size difference between the Mac and
> Windows builds of the SDK.
>
> The Mac folder is 119.2MB in size while the Windows is 1.15GB.
>
> It appears that the Mac installer didn't overlay the AIR sdk by looking at
> the generated folder.  I've tried this a couple of times now and it happens
> consistently.
>
> The folder contents of the Mac and Windows sdks created with the installer
> are below.
>
> Thanks
> Phil
>
>
> phil:flex_sdk_413_air29-mac du -sh *
>
> 4.0K CONTRIBUTING
>
>  40K LICENSE
>
> 4.0K NOTICE
>
>  28K README
>
>  64K RELEASE_NOTES
>
> 284K ant
>
>  32K apache-flex-sdk-installer-config.xml
>
> 1.2M asdoc
>
> 120K bin
>
> 4.0K build.properties
>
> 8.0K en_AU.properties
>
> 8.0K env-template.properties
>
> 4.0K flex-sdk-description.xml
>
>  86M frameworks
>
> 136K ide
>
>  16K installer.log
>
>  80K installer.properties
>
>  48K installer.xml
>
>  30M lib
>
> 6.3M samples
>
>  84K sdk-installer-config-4.0.xml
>
>  72K templates
>
> phil:flex_sdk_413_air29-win du -sh *
>
>  16K AIR SDK Readme.txt
>
> 1.5M AIR SDK license.pdf
>
> 4.0K CONTRIBUTING
>
>  40K LICENSE
>
> 4.0K NOTICE
>
>  28K README
>
>  64K RELEASE_NOTES
>
>  12K airsdk.xml
>
> 396K ant
>
>  32K apache-flex-sdk-installer-config.xml
>
> 1.2M asdoc
>
> 496K bin
>
> 4.0K build.properties
>
>  12K en_US.properties
>
> 8.0K env-template.properties
>
> 4.0K flex-sdk-description.xml
>
> 103M frameworks
>
> 184K ide
>
>  36K include
>
> 8.7M install
>
>  12K installer.log
>
>  96K installer.properties
>
>  48K installer.xml
>
> 936M lib
>
> 152M runtimes
>
> 7.1M samples
>
>  84K sdk-installer-config-4.0.xml
>
> 752K templates
>
>
>
>
> On 17 April 2018 at 17:13, piotrz <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > Phil,
> >
> > I just tried again that RC and I didn't experience this issue. In the
> > previous one I was able to reproduce it.
> >
> > <http://apache-flex-development.2333347.n4.nabble.
> com/file/t740/flex_4.png>
> >
> >
> > Any chance try on another Machine ?
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Piotr
> >
> >
> >
> > -----
> > Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/piotrzarzycki
> > --
> > Sent from: http://apache-flex-development.2333347.n4.nabble.com/
> >
>



--

Piotr Zarzycki

Patreon: *https://www.patreon.com/piotrzarzycki
<https://www.patreon.com/piotrzarzycki>*
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [Discuss] Apache Flex SDK Installer 3.3.1 RC2*

Alex Harui-2
It seemed to work for me.  My Mac SDK is over 1GB.  8480 items.

If you end up doing another RC, please update the RELEASE_NOTES.
Otherwise, I think everything is ok for me.

-Alex

On 4/18/18, 12:12 AM, "Piotr Zarzycki" <[hidden email]> wrote:

>Hi Phil,
>
>I see that also. If you point in your IDE on Mac that SDK - are you able
>to
>build any project ?
>
>Thanks,
>Piotr
>
>2018-04-18 3:42 GMT+02:00 Phil Haeusler <[hidden email]>:
>
>> Piotr
>>
>> I have reinstalled the 3.3.1 RC2 install on both Mac and Windows for
>>Flex
>> 4.13 and AIR29.  Both now package the SDK and complete successfully.
>>
>> With my tests yesterday I was using the download cache while today I
>>forced
>> the installer to re-download everything.  I'm not sure if this was a
>> contributing factor to my success today or not on Windows.
>>
>> However, I have noticed a significant size difference between the Mac
>>and
>> Windows builds of the SDK.
>>
>> The Mac folder is 119.2MB in size while the Windows is 1.15GB.
>>
>> It appears that the Mac installer didn't overlay the AIR sdk by looking
>>at
>> the generated folder.  I've tried this a couple of times now and it
>>happens
>> consistently.
>>
>> The folder contents of the Mac and Windows sdks created with the
>>installer
>> are below.
>>
>> Thanks
>> Phil
>>
>>
>> phil:flex_sdk_413_air29-mac du -sh *
>>
>> 4.0K CONTRIBUTING
>>
>>  40K LICENSE
>>
>> 4.0K NOTICE
>>
>>  28K README
>>
>>  64K RELEASE_NOTES
>>
>> 284K ant
>>
>>  32K apache-flex-sdk-installer-config.xml
>>
>> 1.2M asdoc
>>
>> 120K bin
>>
>> 4.0K build.properties
>>
>> 8.0K en_AU.properties
>>
>> 8.0K env-template.properties
>>
>> 4.0K flex-sdk-description.xml
>>
>>  86M frameworks
>>
>> 136K ide
>>
>>  16K installer.log
>>
>>  80K installer.properties
>>
>>  48K installer.xml
>>
>>  30M lib
>>
>> 6.3M samples
>>
>>  84K sdk-installer-config-4.0.xml
>>
>>  72K templates
>>
>> phil:flex_sdk_413_air29-win du -sh *
>>
>>  16K AIR SDK Readme.txt
>>
>> 1.5M AIR SDK license.pdf
>>
>> 4.0K CONTRIBUTING
>>
>>  40K LICENSE
>>
>> 4.0K NOTICE
>>
>>  28K README
>>
>>  64K RELEASE_NOTES
>>
>>  12K airsdk.xml
>>
>> 396K ant
>>
>>  32K apache-flex-sdk-installer-config.xml
>>
>> 1.2M asdoc
>>
>> 496K bin
>>
>> 4.0K build.properties
>>
>>  12K en_US.properties
>>
>> 8.0K env-template.properties
>>
>> 4.0K flex-sdk-description.xml
>>
>> 103M frameworks
>>
>> 184K ide
>>
>>  36K include
>>
>> 8.7M install
>>
>>  12K installer.log
>>
>>  96K installer.properties
>>
>>  48K installer.xml
>>
>> 936M lib
>>
>> 152M runtimes
>>
>> 7.1M samples
>>
>>  84K sdk-installer-config-4.0.xml
>>
>> 752K templates
>>
>>
>>
>>
>> On 17 April 2018 at 17:13, piotrz <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> > Phil,
>> >
>> > I just tried again that RC and I didn't experience this issue. In the
>> > previous one I was able to reproduce it.
>> >
>> >
>><https://na01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fapache-f
>>lex-development.2333347.n4.nabble&data=02%7C01%7Caharui%40adobe.com%7C1aa
>>dd958a1bb44906e0808d5a4fbbe40%7Cfa7b1b5a7b34438794aed2c178decee1%7C0%7C0%
>>7C636596323497059580&sdata=Wc4ct3eLHWpZrZGqyqy%2FC6XAiqQq4i2e5mwLePaDeZE%
>>3D&reserved=0.
>> com/file/t740/flex_4.png>
>> >
>> >
>> > Any chance try on another Machine ?
>> >
>> > Thanks,
>> > Piotr
>> >
>> >
>> >
>> > -----
>> > Patreon:
>>https://na01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.patr
>>eon.com%2Fpiotrzarzycki&data=02%7C01%7Caharui%40adobe.com%7C1aadd958a1bb4
>>4906e0808d5a4fbbe40%7Cfa7b1b5a7b34438794aed2c178decee1%7C0%7C0%7C63659632
>>3497059580&sdata=nl%2FCqRhhN8D7vVOVRYz2cEzfOmG0ESXbypT3BJ7Bff8%3D&reserve
>>d=0
>> > --
>> > Sent from:
>>https://na01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fapache-fl
>>ex-development.2333347.n4.nabble.com%2F&data=02%7C01%7Caharui%40adobe.com
>>%7C1aadd958a1bb44906e0808d5a4fbbe40%7Cfa7b1b5a7b34438794aed2c178decee1%7C
>>0%7C0%7C636596323497059580&sdata=r13r%2BW%2FWYUZ08U%2BF6NR0GTbt2qSSThh01g
>>J7DD2B81w%3D&reserved=0
>> >
>>
>
>
>
>--
>
>Piotr Zarzycki
>
>Patreon:
>*https://na01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.patr
>eon.com%2Fpiotrzarzycki&data=02%7C01%7Caharui%40adobe.com%7C1aadd958a1bb44
>906e0808d5a4fbbe40%7Cfa7b1b5a7b34438794aed2c178decee1%7C0%7C0%7C6365963234
>97059580&sdata=nl%2FCqRhhN8D7vVOVRYz2cEzfOmG0ESXbypT3BJ7Bff8%3D&reserved=0
><https://na01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.patr
>eon.com%2Fpiotrzarzycki&data=02%7C01%7Caharui%40adobe.com%7C1aadd958a1bb44
>906e0808d5a4fbbe40%7Cfa7b1b5a7b34438794aed2c178decee1%7C0%7C0%7C6365963234
>97059580&sdata=nl%2FCqRhhN8D7vVOVRYz2cEzfOmG0ESXbypT3BJ7Bff8%3D&reserved=0
>>*

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [Discuss] Apache Flex SDK Installer 3.3.1 RC2*

Justin Mclean
Administrator
Hi,

The NOTICE had the wrong year in it so I fixed that. We would need to curt another RC if we want correct in the release.

The licensing for the NativeApplicationUpdater is a little odd. The LICENSE file states:
"The NativeApplicationUpdater is available under Apache License 2.0.
For details see installer/src/com/riaspace/“

But there are no details in that location and the files have ASF headers. The files probably should probably have a 3rd party Apache header or the LICENSE file mention who the original copyright holder was. The original author is [1]. Which solution do people prefer?

Thanks,
Justin

1. https://vimeo.com/14400178
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [Discuss] Apache Flex SDK Installer 3.3.1 RC2*

Justin Mclean-5
In reply to this post by Alex Harui-2
Hi,

I’ve also tried the installer a couple of time and getting errors. Running on OSX Sierra (and latest version of Air) I get the following:

Installer version 3.3.1 (mac)
Using Locale: en_AU
Fetched the SDK download mirror URL from the CGI.
SDK version Apache Flex SDK 4.16.1
AIR version 29.0
Flash Player version 29.0
Creating Apache Flex home
Creating temporary directory
Downloading Apache Flex SDK from: http://apache.melbourneitmirror.net/flex/4.16.1/binaries/apache-flex-sdk-4.16.1-bin.tar.gz
Aborting Installation: http://flex.apache.org/track-installer.html?failure=true&label=Apache Flex SDK 4.16.1&version=4.16.1&os=mac&installerversion=3.3.1&info=handleApacheFlexSDKDownload Error #3004

#3004 implies out of disk space but I have 30+ gigabytes free so not sure what the issue is. Mirror looks fine.

Thanks,
Justin

1. http://apache.melbourneitmirror.net/flex/4.16.1/binaries/
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [Discuss] Apache Flex SDK Installer 3.3.1 RC2*

Justin Mclean
Administrator
Hi,

> I’ve also tried the installer a couple of time and getting errors.

And on the 3rd try it worked - but still not sure why the first two runs failed.

Thanks,
Justin
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [Discuss] Apache Flex SDK Installer 3.3.1 RC2*

Justin Mclean
Administrator
In reply to this post by Justin Mclean-5
Hi,

Found a couple of other (very) minor issues (which are certainly not blockers):
- This file had an incorrect ASF header [1] No objections if I fix it?
- build.number also has 2 copyright statement in it with different dates. That probably should be fixed.
- This file [2] has copyright 2014 and needs to be updated.

Thanks,
Justin

1. installer/sign_and_hash.sh
2. installer/src/InstallApacheFlex-app.xml

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [Discuss] Apache Flex SDK Installer 3.3.1 RC2*

piotrz
Hi Justin,

If you can fix it that would be great. Let me know once you do that. I will
file Release Notes and cut another RC.

Thanks,
Piotr

On Thu, Apr 19, 2018, 5:45 AM Justin Mclean <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Found a couple of other (very) minor issues (which are certainly not
> blockers):
> - This file had an incorrect ASF header [1] No objections if I fix it?
> - build.number also has 2 copyright statement in it with different dates.
> That probably should be fixed.
> - This file [2] has copyright 2014 and needs to be updated.
>
> Thanks,
> Justin
>
> 1. installer/sign_and_hash.sh
> 2. installer/src/InstallApacheFlex-app.xml
>
>
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [Discuss] Apache Flex SDK Installer 3.3.1 RC2*

Justin Mclean
Administrator
Hi,

> If you can fix it that would be great.

I’ve fixed the header. There is still an outstanding question re how to fix the license issue. It easy to fix either way just we need to agree on which way to do it. You could make another RC without that license fix but I think it would be better to fix it.

Thanks,
Justin
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [Discuss] Apache Flex SDK Installer 3.3.1 RC2*

piotrz
I have no idea which solution is better. I'm not sure if I found time today
to cut release, so there is a bit of time on speak what others think.

Thanks,
Piotr

On Thu, Apr 19, 2018, 7:35 AM Justin Mclean <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> > If you can fix it that would be great.
>
> I’ve fixed the header. There is still an outstanding question re how to
> fix the license issue. It easy to fix either way just we need to agree on
> which way to do it. You could make another RC without that license fix but
> I think it would be better to fix it.
>
> Thanks,
> Justin
123