Flash Builder 4.6, Apache Flex 4.11.0 and expressInstall.swf

Flash Builder 4.6, Apache Flex 4.11.0 and expressInstall.swf

Chris Martin
So I've decided to finally move from Flex 4.6 to the latest Apache Flex
4.11.0.  I noted an oddity in my html template file being generated.  Well,
it might not be an oddity, I might just not understand how this wrapper
works in detail.

Basically I know we are no longer using playerProductInstaller.swf and are
now using expressInstall.swf.  The expressInstall.swf file does get build
out in the debug and release build folders just fine, but i'm not seeing a
reference to it in the generated html file.  The xiSwfUrlStr is still being
set to "playerProductInstall.swf".  Am I right in expecting this to be set
to "expressInstall.swf"?

I did check in the flashplayer-config.xml file for the flashbuilder ide,
and it's properly setup.

Thanks,

Chris

Re: Flash Builder 4.6, Apache Flex 4.11.0 and expressInstall.swf

Alex Harui

On 1/22/14 2:05 PM, "Chris Martin" <[hidden email]> wrote:

>Basically I know we are no longer using playerProductInstaller.swf and are
>now using expressInstall.swf.  The expressInstall.swf file does get build
>out in the debug and release build folders just fine, but i'm not seeing a
>reference to it in the generated html file.  The xiSwfUrlStr is still
>being
>set to "playerProductInstall.swf".  Am I right in expecting this to be set
>to "expressInstall.swf"?
Not in Flash Builder 4.6.  That's one of the reasons there is a Flash
Builder 4.7, to address issues like this.

Re: Flash Builder 4.6, Apache Flex 4.11.0 and expressInstall.swf

Chris Martin
Ahh okay, thanks.Today i'm actually trying to get Flash Builder 4.7
working.  I think I still had the beta installed on this computer, and the
beta has long since ended :) Now I'm in this odd mode of not being able to
apply the license key.  But then again I probably need to get the release
installer instead of just applying the license key.  Waiting to hear back
from Adobe now on getting it running.

Chris

On Wed, Jan 22, 2014 at 3:16 PM, Alex Harui <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 1/22/14 2:05 PM, "Chris Martin" <[hidden email]> wrote:
>

> >Basically I know we are no longer using playerProductInstaller.swf and are
> >now using expressInstall.swf.  The expressInstall.swf file does get build
> >out in the debug and release build folders just fine, but i'm not seeing a
> >reference to it in the generated html file.  The xiSwfUrlStr is still
> >being
> >set to "playerProductInstall.swf".  Am I right in expecting this to be set
> >to "expressInstall.swf"?
> Not in Flash Builder 4.6.  That's one of the reasons there is a Flash
> Builder 4.7, to address issues like this.

Re: Flash Builder 4.6, Apache Flex 4.11.0 and expressInstall.swf

Chris Martin
In the meantime, I can just manually set it to expressInstall.swf in the
wrapper to get it to work okay?

On Wed, Jan 22, 2014 at 3:33 PM, Chris Martin <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Ahh okay, thanks.Today i'm actually trying to get Flash Builder 4.7
> working.  I think I still had the beta installed on this computer, and the
> beta has long since ended :) Now I'm in this odd mode of not being able to
> apply the license key.  But then again I probably need to get the release
> installer instead of just applying the license key.  Waiting to hear back
> from Adobe now on getting it running.
>
> Chris
>

> On Wed, Jan 22, 2014 at 3:16 PM, Alex Harui <[hidden email]> wrote:
>

>> On 1/22/14 2:05 PM, "Chris Martin" <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>

>> >Basically I know we are no longer using playerProductInstaller.swf and
>> are
>> >now using expressInstall.swf.  The expressInstall.swf file does get build
>> >out in the debug and release build folders just fine, but i'm not seeing
>> >reference to it in the generated html file.  The xiSwfUrlStr is still
>> >being
>> >set to "playerProductInstall.swf".  Am I right in expecting this to be
>> set
>> >to "expressInstall.swf"?
>> Not in Flash Builder 4.6.  That's one of the reasons there is a Flash
>> Builder 4.7, to address issues like this.
>>
>> -Alex

Re: Flash Builder 4.6, Apache Flex 4.11.0 and expressInstall.swf

Alex Harui
That would be worth a try.