[Flex] Installer and fix for downloading an Adobe Air

[Flex] Installer and fix for downloading an Adobe Air

I'm working on fixing Apache Flex Installer. Josh provide me the bunch of
code where on windows for unpacking big Adobe Air SDK package I'm not using
cmd.exe, but powershell. It's working nicely - Adobe Air is being upcakged
without the errors. Unfortunately In the next step I'm getting strange
error [1]. Ant on air is trying to reach file "/usr/bin/hdiutil" and it is
taken from [2]. The question is - Where actually I should look to fix that
? Does anyone have some idea?

[1] https://paste.apache.org/fNMt
[2] https://paste.apache.org/SPIC

Re: [Flex] Installer and fix for downloading an Adobe Air

piotrz
Maybe a bit of clarification I understand that this part of xml is being
taken from installer.xml, but why particularly this one is being launched
by installer?

> I'm working on fixing Apache Flex Installer. Josh provide me the bunch of
> code where on windows for unpacking big Adobe Air SDK package I'm not using
> cmd.exe, but powershell. It's working nicely - Adobe Air is being upcakged
> without the errors. Unfortunately In the next step I'm getting strange
> error [1]. Ant on air is trying to reach file "/usr/bin/hdiutil" and it is
> taken from [2]. The question is - Where actually I should look to fix that
> ? Does anyone have some idea?
>
> [1] https://paste.apache.org/fNMt
> [2] https://paste.apache.org/SPIC

Piotr Zarzycki

mobile: +48 880 859 557
skype: zarzycki10

LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/piotrzarzycki
<https://pl.linkedin.com/in/piotr-zarzycki-92a53552>

GitHub: https://github.com/piotrzarzycki21

Re: [Flex] Installer and fix for downloading an Adobe Air

Justin Mclean
Administrator

> I'm working on fixing Apache Flex Installer. Josh provide me the bunch of
> code where on windows for unpacking big Adobe Air SDK package I'm not using
> cmd.exe, but powershell. It's working nicely - Adobe Air is being upcakged
> without the errors. Unfortunately In the next step I'm getting strange
> error [1]. Ant on air is trying to reach file "/usr/bin/hdiutil" and it is
> taken from [2]. The question is - Where actually I should look to fix that
> ? Does anyone have some idea?

That shovel only be run on OSX as it trying to attach the downloaded AIR dmg file.

Thanks,
Justin

Re: [Flex] Installer and fix for downloading an Adobe Air

piotrz
Hi Justin,

I know and so far I cannot figure out why it is fire it up on win. :)

Piotr

On Wed, Oct 25, 2017, 08:05 Justin Mclean <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> > I'm working on fixing Apache Flex Installer. Josh provide me the bunch of
> > code where on windows for unpacking big Adobe Air SDK package I'm not
> using
> > cmd.exe, but powershell. It's working nicely - Adobe Air is being
> upcakged
> > without the errors. Unfortunately In the next step I'm getting strange
> > error [1]. Ant on air is trying to reach file "/usr/bin/hdiutil" and it
> is
> > taken from [2]. The question is - Where actually I should look to fix
> that
> > ? Does anyone have some idea?
>
> That shovel only be run on OSX as it trying to attach the downloaded AIR
> dmg file.
>
> Thanks,
> Justin

Re: [Flex] Installer and fix for downloading an Adobe Air

piotrz
It look like I have figure out what has happened with installer.xml and
fixed it. I did also changes in installer itself which looks like helps
unpack Adobe Air - in order to fully confirm that I need to check my
changes on nightly build.

1) Installer nightly is still setup to 4.16 it should be 4.17  and nightly
build is failing for a long time [1]. I would like to make the changes in
order to have 4.17 artifacts. Can someone shed some light on that ? I will
of course try to do myself but still some help would be essential.

2) Nightly is failing cause cannot download OSMF from forge, I had same
issue on my PC and following steps helped me:

 - Download file from there [2]
 - Copy them here - {JAVA_HOME}/jre/lib/security

Should I perform same steps on Jenkins machine ?

[1] http://apacheflexbuild.cloudapp.net:8080/job/flex-sdk_nightly/
[2]
http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/downloads/jce8-download-2133166.html

Thanks, Piotr

--

Piotr Zarzycki

mobile: +48 880 859 557
skype: zarzycki10

LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/piotrzarzycki
<https://pl.linkedin.com/in/piotr-zarzycki-92a53552>

GitHub: https://github.com/piotrzarzycki21

Re: [Flex] Installer and fix for downloading an Adobe Air

piotrz
I was able to test my changes in Flex Installer and installer.xml with
small hack by switching installer.xml to my version during whole process. -
Adobe Air was nicely unpcaked, but installer failed later on OSMF [1].

It doesn't look similar to the nightly fail. Any idea what can it be ?

[1] https://paste.apache.org/U1E3

Thanks, Piotr

> It look like I have figure out what has happened with installer.xml and
> fixed it. I did also changes in installer itself which looks like helps
> unpack Adobe Air - in order to fully confirm that I need to check my
> changes on nightly build.
>
> 1) Installer nightly is still setup to 4.16 it should be 4.17  and nightly
> build is failing for a long time [1]. I would like to make the changes in
> order to have 4.17 artifacts. Can someone shed some light on that ? I will
> of course try to do myself but still some help would be essential.
>
> 2) Nightly is failing cause cannot download OSMF from forge, I had same
> issue on my PC and following steps helped me:
>
>  - Download file from there [2]
>  - Copy them here - {JAVA_HOME}/jre/lib/security
>
> Should I perform same steps on Jenkins machine ?
>
> [1] http://apacheflexbuild.cloudapp.net:8080/job/flex-sdk_nightly/
> [2] http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/downloads/jce8-download-
> 2133166.html
>
> Thanks, Piotr

>> Hi Justin,
>>
>> I know and so far I cannot figure out why it is fire it up on win. :)
>>
>> Piotr
>>
>> On Wed, Oct 25, 2017, 08:05 Justin Mclean <[hidden email]>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,

>>> of
>>> using
>>> upcakged
>>> it is
>>> that
>>>
>>> That shovel only be run on OSX as it trying to attach the downloaded AIR
>>> dmg file.
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Justin
>>

> --
>
> Piotr Zarzycki
>
> mobile: +48 880 859 557 <+48%20880%20859%20557>
> skype: zarzycki10
>
> LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/piotrzarzycki
> <https://pl.linkedin.com/in/piotr-zarzycki-92a53552>
>
> GitHub: https://github.com/piotrzarzycki21

--

Piotr Zarzycki

mobile: +48 880 859 557
skype: zarzycki10

LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/piotrzarzycki
<https://pl.linkedin.com/in/piotr-zarzycki-92a53552>

GitHub: https://github.com/piotrzarzycki21

Re: [Flex] Installer and fix for downloading an Adobe Air

piotrz
The last problem with OSMF is my fault [1], so I'm fixing that right now,
but the rest questions are still valid.

[1] https://paste.apache.org/U1E3

> I was able to test my changes in Flex Installer and installer.xml with
> small hack by switching installer.xml to my version during whole process. -
> Adobe Air was nicely unpcaked, but installer failed later on OSMF [1].
>
> It doesn't look similar to the nightly fail. Any idea what can it be ?
>
> [1] https://paste.apache.org/U1E3
>
> Thanks, Piotr

>> It look like I have figure out what has happened with installer.xml and
>> fixed it. I did also changes in installer itself which looks like helps
>> unpack Adobe Air - in order to fully confirm that I need to check my
>> changes on nightly build.
>>
>> 1) Installer nightly is still setup to 4.16 it should be 4.17  and
>> nightly build is failing for a long time [1]. I would like to make the
>> changes in order to have 4.17 artifacts. Can someone shed some light on
>> that ? I will of course try to do myself but still some help would be
>> essential.
>>
>> 2) Nightly is failing cause cannot download OSMF from forge, I had same
>> issue on my PC and following steps helped me:
>>
>>  - Download file from there [2]
>>  - Copy them here - {JAVA_HOME}/jre/lib/security
>>
>> Should I perform same steps on Jenkins machine ?
>>
>> [1] http://apacheflexbuild.cloudapp.net:8080/job/flex-sdk_nightly/
>> [2] http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/downloads/
>> jce8-download-2133166.html
>>
>> Thanks, Piotr

>>> Hi Justin,
>>>
>>> I know and so far I cannot figure out why it is fire it up on win. :)
>>>
>>> Piotr

>> --
>>
>> Piotr Zarzycki
>>
>> mobile: +48 880 859 557 <+48%20880%20859%20557>
>> skype: zarzycki10
>>
>> LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/piotrzarzycki
>> <https://pl.linkedin.com/in/piotr-zarzycki-92a53552>
>>
>> GitHub: https://github.com/piotrzarzycki21
>>

> --
>
> Piotr Zarzycki
>
> mobile: +48 880 859 557 <+48%20880%20859%20557>
> skype: zarzycki10
>
> LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/piotrzarzycki
> <https://pl.linkedin.com/in/piotr-zarzycki-92a53552>
>
> GitHub: https://github.com/piotrzarzycki21

--

Piotr Zarzycki

mobile: +48 880 859 557
skype: zarzycki10

LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/piotrzarzycki
<https://pl.linkedin.com/in/piotr-zarzycki-92a53552>

GitHub: https://github.com/piotrzarzycki21

Re: [Flex] Installer and fix for downloading an Adobe Air

piotrz
FYI I just replaced jce7 files on Jenkins in order to fix problem with OSMF
[1]. Copy of old files are in {JAVA_HOME}/jre/lib/security. It looks like
nightly doesn't have problems with osmf anymore and it's building. [2]

[1]
http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/downloads/jce-7-download-432124.html
[2] http://apacheflexbuild.cloudapp.net:8080/job/flex-sdk_nightly/1121/

> The last problem with OSMF is my fault [1], so I'm fixing that right now,
> but the rest questions are still valid.
>
> [1] https://paste.apache.org/U1E3

>> I was able to test my changes in Flex Installer and installer.xml with
>> small hack by switching installer.xml to my version during whole process. -
>> Adobe Air was nicely unpcaked, but installer failed later on OSMF [1].
>>
>> It doesn't look similar to the nightly fail. Any idea what can it be ?
>>
>> [1] https://paste.apache.org/U1E3
>>
>> Thanks, Piotr

>>> It look like I have figure out what has happened with installer.xml and
>>> fixed it. I did also changes in installer itself which looks like helps
>>> unpack Adobe Air - in order to fully confirm that I need to check my
>>> changes on nightly build.
>>>
>>> 1) Installer nightly is still setup to 4.16 it should be 4.17  and
>>> nightly build is failing for a long time [1]. I would like to make the
>>> changes in order to have 4.17 artifacts. Can someone shed some light on
>>> that ? I will of course try to do myself but still some help would be
>>> essential.
>>>
>>> 2) Nightly is failing cause cannot download OSMF from forge, I had same
>>> issue on my PC and following steps helped me:
>>>
>>>  - Download file from there [2]
>>>  - Copy them here - {JAVA_HOME}/jre/lib/security
>>>
>>> Should I perform same steps on Jenkins machine ?
>>>
>>> [1] http://apacheflexbuild.cloudapp.net:8080/job/flex-sdk_nightly/
>>> [2] http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/downloads/
>>> jce8-download-2133166.html
>>>
>>> Thanks, Piotr

>>> --
>>>
>>> Piotr Zarzycki
>>>
>>> mobile: +48 880 859 557 <+48%20880%20859%20557>
>>> skype: zarzycki10
>>>
>>> LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/piotrzarzycki
>>> <https://pl.linkedin.com/in/piotr-zarzycki-92a53552>
>>>
>>> GitHub: https://github.com/piotrzarzycki21
>>>

>> --
>>
>> Piotr Zarzycki
>>
>> mobile: +48 880 859 557 <+48%20880%20859%20557>
>> skype: zarzycki10
>>
>> LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/piotrzarzycki
>> <https://pl.linkedin.com/in/piotr-zarzycki-92a53552>
>>
>> GitHub: https://github.com/piotrzarzycki21
>>

> --
>
> Piotr Zarzycki
>
> mobile: +48 880 859 557 <+48%20880%20859%20557>
> skype: zarzycki10
>
> LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/piotrzarzycki
> <https://pl.linkedin.com/in/piotr-zarzycki-92a53552>
>
> GitHub: https://github.com/piotrzarzycki21

--

Piotr Zarzycki

mobile: +48 880 859 557
skype: zarzycki10

LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/piotrzarzycki
<https://pl.linkedin.com/in/piotr-zarzycki-92a53552>

GitHub: https://github.com/piotrzarzycki21

Re: [Flex] Installer and fix for downloading an Adobe Air

piotrz
Alex,

I have finished fixing installer. Currently it is working only for Nightly
build of Flex SDK [1] , cause one of the fix was also in installer.xml.

1) I would like to also change nightly to Apache Flex 4.17 - How to do this
?

2) Last problem is with ant on air tests and issue is in Unzip.as. - I
think this problem is not a blocker for release.

Since I have added there logic which is launching unzipping files through
the Power Shell I'm completely omits logic which excludes files [1]. Power
shell do not notify me on each unzipped file as it is doing old logic. I
thought that I could make an exclusion by removing file at the end of
unzipping.

I have following logic [2].
"patternSet" contains "Exclude file "apache-rat-0.10/RELEASE_NOTES.txt""

My unzipped Item: "RELEASE_NOTES.txt" - That method "matches" failing in
that case. - I'm not sure how to fix those tests at the moment.

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FLEX-35295
[2] https://paste.apache.org/OCan
[3] https://paste.apache.org/WRCo

> FYI I just replaced jce7 files on Jenkins in order to fix problem with
> OSMF [1]. Copy of old files are in {JAVA_HOME}/jre/lib/security. It looks
> like nightly doesn't have problems with osmf anymore and it's building. [2]
>
> [1] http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/
> downloads/jce-7-download-432124.html
> [2] http://apacheflexbuild.cloudapp.net:8080/job/flex-sdk_nightly/1121/

>> The last problem with OSMF is my fault [1], so I'm fixing that right now,
>> but the rest questions are still valid.
>>
>> [1] https://paste.apache.org/U1E3

>>> I was able to test my changes in Flex Installer and installer.xml with
>>> small hack by switching installer.xml to my version during whole process. -
>>> Adobe Air was nicely unpcaked, but installer failed later on OSMF [1].
>>>
>>> It doesn't look similar to the nightly fail. Any idea what can it be ?
>>>
>>> [1] https://paste.apache.org/U1E3
>>>
>>> Thanks, Piotr

>>> --
>>>
>>> Piotr Zarzycki
>>>
>>> mobile: +48 880 859 557 <+48%20880%20859%20557>
>>> skype: zarzycki10
>>>
>>> LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/piotrzarzycki
>>> <https://pl.linkedin.com/in/piotr-zarzycki-92a53552>
>>>
>>> GitHub: https://github.com/piotrzarzycki21
>>>

>> --
>>
>> Piotr Zarzycki
>>
>> mobile: +48 880 859 557 <+48%20880%20859%20557>
>> skype: zarzycki10
>>
>> LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/piotrzarzycki
>> <https://pl.linkedin.com/in/piotr-zarzycki-92a53552>
>>
>> GitHub: https://github.com/piotrzarzycki21
>>

> --
>
> Piotr Zarzycki
>
> mobile: +48 880 859 557 <+48%20880%20859%20557>
> skype: zarzycki10
>
> LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/piotrzarzycki
> <https://pl.linkedin.com/in/piotr-zarzycki-92a53552>
>
> GitHub: https://github.com/piotrzarzycki21

--

Piotr Zarzycki

mobile: +48 880 859 557
skype: zarzycki10

LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/piotrzarzycki
<https://pl.linkedin.com/in/piotr-zarzycki-92a53552>

GitHub: https://github.com/piotrzarzycki21

Re: [Flex] Installer and fix for downloading an Adobe Air

piotrz
Nightly Installer Build is available here [1]. Anyone can try to download
Nightly Build of Apache Flex SDK with Adobe Air greater than 23 on Windows.

[1]
http://apacheflexbuild.cloudapp.net:8080/job/flex-utilities_installer/1324/

Thanks, Piotr