Flex Old Support

manish sharma
Hi Team,

I Have a old project created on Flex SDK 3.5. Do I need to upgrade it on
Apache Flex or It will be continuing working in future on that same SDK?

Regards,
Manish

Re: Flex Old Support

Christofer Dutz
Hi Manisch,

Even If you should probably direct this question at the Apache flex mailinglist. There should be No reason for it to stop working. However Adobe have anounced to stop Flash and Air around 2020. So for long term Support, you should think about other alternatives.

Chris

Outlook for Android<https://aka.ms/ghei36> herunterladen

Re: Flex Old Support

Joel Tan-3
Hi Chris,

>> However Adobe have anounced to stop *Flash and Air around 2020*. So for
long term Support, you should think about other alternatives.

You were mentioning about Adobe will stop Flash and AIR around 2020, wasn't
it just Flash player on the browser? AIR will continue to work right?
Because we are planning to move our Flex web app to AIR desktop app, just
want to double confirm is AIR will continue to work after 2020.

Thanks!

Joel

On Tue, Dec 5, 2017 at 2:55 PM, Christofer Dutz <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Hi Manisch,
>
> Even If you should probably direct this question at the Apache flex
> mailinglist. There should be No reason for it to stop working. However
> Adobe have anounced to stop Flash and Air around 2020. So for long term
> Support, you should think about other alternatives.
>
> Chris
>
> Outlook for Android<https://aka.ms/ghei36> herunterladen

Argh … yeah … you are right … sorry for spreading false information … you are right.
Flash support will end 2020 … just ignore, what I wrote in my last mail about AIR ;-)

Chris

    Hi Chris,

    wrote:

    > Hi Manisch,
    >
    > Even If you should probably direct this question at the Apache flex
    > mailinglist. There should be No reason for it to stop working. However
    > Adobe have anounced to stop Flash and Air around 2020. So for long term
    > Support, you should think about other alternatives.
    >
    > Chris
    >
    > Outlook for Android<https://aka.ms/ghei36> herunterladen

yishayw
Adobe hasn’t dropped AIR but there has been debate [1] over its level of commitment to the platform. Anyway, Apache Flex cannot speak for Adobe. I think you should inquire in Adobe forums about the roadmap post 2020.

[1] https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2362234?start=240&tstart=0

________________________________

wrote:

> Hi Manisch,
>
> Even If you should probably direct this question at the Apache flex
> mailinglist. There should be No reason for it to stop working. However
> Adobe have anounced to stop Flash and Air around 2020. So for long term
> Support, you should think about other alternatives.
>
> Chris
>
> Outlook for Android<https://aka.ms/ghei36> herunterladen

Thanks Chris for the clarification. :)

Thanks Yishay for the link. :)

Joel

On Tue, Dec 5, 2017 at 5:31 PM, Yishay Weiss <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Adobe hasn’t dropped AIR but there has been debate [1] over its level of
> commitment to the platform. Anyway, Apache Flex cannot speak for Adobe. I
> think you should inquire in Adobe forums about the roadmap post 2020.
>

> [1] https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2362234?start=240&tstart=0
>

> ________________________________

Mark Kessler
Yes, that would be a good choice.   You also have another option to
use our JS version called Royale(formally FlexJS) version which is
coming along well.

On Tue, Dec 5, 2017 at 1:05 AM, manish sharma <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi Team,
>
> I Have a old project created on Flex SDK 3.5. Do I need to upgrade it on
> Apache Flex or It will be continuing working in future on that same SDK?
>
> Regards,
> Manish

Re: Flex Old Support

Joel Tan-3
Hi Mark,

>> Yes, that would be a good choice.   You also have another option to
use our JS version called Royale(formally FlexJS) version which is
coming along well.

Definitely, I am looking forwards to the stable release. :)

Joel