[FlexJS] Compiler options / VSCode config

[FlexJS] Compiler options / VSCode config

after some weeks being technically offline at home, I'm hopefully back in the game now;-)

I've just downloaded the nightly build using the installer and tried to compile my little test app
with no success [1].
I noticed that the target folder contains just a weird javascript file.
I've already tried to replace the asconfig option "js-output-type": "flexjs" by "targets": ["JSFlex"] without success.

Do I miss something?

[1]
MXMLJSC
+flexlib=C:\Daten\flex_sdks\flexjs_nightly_20170609\frameworks
+configname=flex
--debug=true
--source-map=true
--targets=JSFlex
--output=./target/javascript
src/EmployeeAdmin.mxml
-html-template=src/resources/mdl-js-index-template.html
-compiler.exclude-defaults-css-files=HTML.swc:defaults.css
Compiling file: c:\local\workspaces\puremvc_flexjs\EmployeeAdminFlexJS2\target\javascript\bin\js-debug\EmployeeAdmin.js
java.io.FileNotFoundException: c:\local\workspaces\puremvc_flexjs\EmployeeAdminFlexJS2\target\javascript\bin\js-debug\EmployeeAdmin.js (Das System kann den angegebenen Pfad nicht finden) java.io.FileOutputStream.open0(Native Method)java.io.FileOutputStream.open(FileOutputStream.java:270)java.io.FileOutputStream.<init>(FileOutputStream.java:213)java.io.FileOutputStream.<init>(FileOutputStream.java:162)org.apache.flex.compiler.clients.MXMLJSCFlex.compile(MXMLJSCFlex.java:367)org.apache.flex.compiler.clients.MXMLJSCFlex._mainNoExit(MXMLJSCFlex.java:245)org.apache.flex.compiler.clients.MXMLJSCFlex.mainNoExit(MXMLJSCFlex.java:202)org.apache.flex.compiler.clients.MXMLJSC._mainNoExit(MXMLJSC.java:347)org.apache.flex.compiler.clients.MXMLJSC.mainNoExit(MXMLJSC.java:282)org.apache.flex.compiler.clients.MXMLJSC.staticMainNoExit(MXMLJSC.java:242)org.apache.flex.compiler.clients.MXMLJSC.main(MXMLJSC.java:224)

2.925021143 seconds

Re: [FlexJS] Compiler options / VSCode config

Josh Tynjala
Did you delete your ./target/javascript directory before compiling with the
new SDK? I don't see why that would cause this problem, but it's worth a
try. Good to get in the habit when switching SDKs anyway, since some old
framework JS files might get stale.

I've seen some issues with the format of the path passed to the output
option on occasion. I think I noticed that it's more sensitive on Windows.
I've not had the time to figure out the exact patterns that fail, but you
might also try playing around with that a little. Maybe try some variations
like these?

"output": "target/javascript"
"output": ".\\target\\javascript"
"output": "target\\javascript"

- Josh

On Fri, Jun 9, 2017 at 12:45 PM, Olaf Krueger <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
> after some weeks being technically offline at home, I'm hopefully back in
> the game now;-)
>
> I've just downloaded the nightly build using the installer and tried to
> compile my little test app
> with no success [1].
> I noticed that the target folder contains just a weird javascript file.
> I've already tried to replace the asconfig option "js-output-type":
> "flexjs"
> by "targets": ["JSFlex"] without success.
>
> Do I miss something?
>
> Thanks,
> Olaf
>

> [1]
> MXMLJSC
> +flexlib=C:\Daten\flex_sdks\flexjs_nightly_20170609\frameworks
> +configname=flex
> --debug=true
> --source-map=true
> --targets=JSFlex
> --output=./target/javascript
> src/EmployeeAdmin.mxml
> -html-template=src/resources/mdl-js-index-template.html
> -compiler.exclude-defaults-css-files=HTML.swc:defaults.css
> Compiling file:
> c:\local\workspaces\puremvc_flexjs\EmployeeAdminFlexJS2\
> target\javascript\bin\js-debug\EmployeeAdmin.js
> java.io.FileNotFoundException:
> c:\local\workspaces\puremvc_flexjs\EmployeeAdminFlexJS2\
> target\javascript\bin\js-debug\EmployeeAdmin.js
> (Das System kann den angegebenen Pfad nicht finden)
> java.io.FileOutputStream.open0(Native
> Method)java.io.FileOutputStream.open(FileOutputStream.java:270)
> java.io.FileOutputStream.<init>(FileOutputStream.java:
> 213)java.io.FileOutputStream.<init>(FileOutputStream.java:
> 162)org.apache.flex.compiler.clients.MXMLJSCFlex.compile(
> MXMLJSCFlex.java:367)org.apache.flex.compiler.clients.
> MXMLJSCFlex._mainNoExit(MXMLJSCFlex.java:245)org.
> apache.flex.compiler.clients.MXMLJSCFlex.mainNoExit(
> MXMLJSCFlex.java:202)org.apache.flex.compiler.clients.
> MXMLJSC._mainNoExit(MXMLJSC.java:347)org.apache.flex.
> compiler.clients.MXMLJSC.mainNoExit(MXMLJSC.java:282)
> org.apache.flex.compiler.clients.MXMLJSC.staticMainNoExit(MXMLJSC.java:
> 242)org.apache.flex.compiler.clients.MXMLJSC.main(MXMLJSC.java:224)
>

> 2.925021143 seconds

Re: [FlexJS] Compiler options / VSCode config

Olaf Krueger
Josh Tynjala wrote
Did you delete your ./target/javascript directory before compiling with the
new SDK?
I'm pretty sure that I've done that all the time without any success.

After I've changed the "output" option as you mentioned the first time including deleting the target folder it works now.
I noticed that if I pass something completely wrong to the "output" option now (something like "output": "./\target////javascript") the compiler is creating a "bin" folder automatically.
This was not the case before I've changed the "output" option to whatever.
If I changed back the output option back to its origin value which was "output": "./target/javascript" it also works.
Moreover, all your variations work for me.

So this is weird for me but it works and that's the important thing ;-)

Thank you, Josh!

Olaf