[FlexJS] End-of-life of the Flash Player

[FlexJS] End-of-life of the Flash Player

I would like to ask if the FP EOL announcement has any effects on FlexJS?!
Do you think it is still worth to follow the conditional compiling approach or is it maybe time to
abandon the swf side in order to concentrate on JS?

Re: [FlexJS] End-of-life of the Flash Player

Harbs
Good question.

For the immediate, I don’t think we need to do anything.

I do think there is still value in a swf target, but that target should probably become an AIR target rather than a browser target. Having a single code base which can target AIR and HTML in the browser will probably fill a real lack.

> On Jul 26, 2017, at 12:31 PM, Olaf Krueger <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi,
> I would like to ask if the FP EOL announcement has any effects on FlexJS?!
> Do you think it is still worth to follow the conditional compiling approach
> or is it maybe time to
> abandon the swf side in order to concentrate on JS?
>
> Thanks,
> Olaf

Re: [FlexJS] End-of-life of the Flash Player

yishayw
I don't think there's consensus on flash support in the community. Two things at least have not changed: we might want AIR support, and we want FlexJS to be platform agnostic in architecture. SWF support can help in both these regards.

Re: [FlexJS] End-of-life of the Flash Player

>Having a single code base which can target AIR and HTML in the browser will probably fill a real lack.
That would be awesome!!

Re: [FlexJS] End-of-life of the Flash Player

Parag Metha
https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/end-life-flashwhat-do-next-parag-metha

I tried to capture effect of environment (technology) change on biz in
above article

Thank you,
Parag