FlexJS New errors in Closure Compiler

Harbs
Since updating to the newest changes to Falcon, I started getting some errors that look like this:

Aug 20, 2017 6:28:02 PM com.google.javascript.jscomp.LoggerErrorManager println
SEVERE: /Users/harbs/Documents/git/PrintUI/printui-flexjs/PortedPrintUI/bin/js-debug/com/printui/model/vos/StoryVO.js:191: ERROR - non-monotonic data-flow analysis
com.printui.model.vos.StoryVO.prototype.buildTextFlow = function() {
                                                        ^^^^^^^^^^^^

These errors prevent closure from minimizing the code.

I don’t see anything obvious that would be causing the errors.

Any suggestions?

Re: FlexJS New errors in Closure Compiler

Alex Harui-2
A quick look at the GCC code indicates that you are hitting a limit in
their control-flow analysis.  They had a constant as a gate to detect
infinite loops in the control flow.  It is possible that there may be a
loop in the generated JS or that your app is just too complicated and that
constant should have a higher value.

Probably the right thing to do is debug into the Java code and see why it
generates that exception.  I won't have time to look into it more until
about 12 hours from now.  There may be options you can set that turn off
the control-flow-analysis, which appears to be primarily used for dead
code removal.

HTH,
-Alex

On 8/20/17, 8:37 AM, "Harbs" <[hidden email]> wrote:

>Since updating to the newest changes to Falcon, I started getting some
>errors that look like this:
>
>Aug 20, 2017 6:28:02 PM com.google.javascript.jscomp.LoggerErrorManager
>println
>SEVERE:
>/Users/harbs/Documents/git/PrintUI/printui-flexjs/PortedPrintUI/bin/js-deb
>ug/com/printui/model/vos/StoryVO.js:191: ERROR - non-monotonic data-flow
>analysis
>com.printui.model.vos.StoryVO.prototype.buildTextFlow = function() {
>                                                        ^^^^^^^^^^^^
>
>These errors prevent closure from minimizing the code.
>
>I don’t see anything obvious that would be causing the errors.
>
>Any suggestions?
>
>Harbs

Re: FlexJS New errors in Closure Compiler

Harbs
I don’t think the loops are so complex, but who knows.

I’m getting 6 of these kinds of errors. One is in one place in the code flow and the other 5 are all in a second place.

I can live with this until you have the time. It compiles the code, but it’s quite large and not minified.

Harbs

> On Aug 20, 2017, at 7:03 PM, Alex Harui <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> A quick look at the GCC code indicates that you are hitting a limit in
> their control-flow analysis.  They had a constant as a gate to detect
> infinite loops in the control flow.  It is possible that there may be a
> loop in the generated JS or that your app is just too complicated and that
> constant should have a higher value.
>
> Probably the right thing to do is debug into the Java code and see why it
> generates that exception.  I won't have time to look into it more until
> about 12 hours from now.  There may be options you can set that turn off
> the control-flow-analysis, which appears to be primarily used for dead
> code removal.
>
> HTH,
> -Alex
>
> On 8/20/17, 8:37 AM, "Harbs" <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Since updating to the newest changes to Falcon, I started getting some
>> errors that look like this:
>>
>> Aug 20, 2017 6:28:02 PM com.google.javascript.jscomp.LoggerErrorManager
>> println
>> SEVERE:
>> /Users/harbs/Documents/git/PrintUI/printui-flexjs/PortedPrintUI/bin/js-deb
>> ug/com/printui/model/vos/StoryVO.js:191: ERROR - non-monotonic data-flow
>> analysis
>> com.printui.model.vos.StoryVO.prototype.buildTextFlow = function() {
>>                                                       ^^^^^^^^^^^^
>>
>> These errors prevent closure from minimizing the code.
>>
>> I don’t see anything obvious that would be causing the errors.
>>
>> Any suggestions?
>>
>> Harbs

Re: FlexJS New errors in Closure Compiler

Alex Harui-2
I didn't have as much time as I hoped.

You can try turning off CompilerOptions.flowSensitiveInlineVariables

And/or

CompilerOptions.setNewTypeInference

The "step limit" is set to 800,000.   It could just be that some code goes
through that many "instructions".

HTH,
-Alex

On 8/20/17, 10:05 AM, "Harbs" <[hidden email]> wrote:

>I don’t think the loops are so complex, but who knows.
>
>I’m getting 6 of these kinds of errors. One is in one place in the code
>flow and the other 5 are all in a second place.
>
>I can live with this until you have the time. It compiles the code, but
>it’s quite large and not minified.
>
>Harbs
>
>> On Aug 20, 2017, at 7:03 PM, Alex Harui <[hidden email]>
>>wrote:
>>
>> A quick look at the GCC code indicates that you are hitting a limit in
>> their control-flow analysis.  They had a constant as a gate to detect
>> infinite loops in the control flow.  It is possible that there may be a
>> loop in the generated JS or that your app is just too complicated and
>>that
>> constant should have a higher value.
>>
>> Probably the right thing to do is debug into the Java code and see why
>>it
>> generates that exception.  I won't have time to look into it more until
>> about 12 hours from now.  There may be options you can set that turn off
>> the control-flow-analysis, which appears to be primarily used for dead
>> code removal.
>>
>> HTH,
>> -Alex
>>
>> On 8/20/17, 8:37 AM, "Harbs" <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>>> Since updating to the newest changes to Falcon, I started getting some
>>> errors that look like this:
>>>
>>> Aug 20, 2017 6:28:02 PM com.google.javascript.jscomp.LoggerErrorManager
>>> println
>>> SEVERE:
>>>
>>>/Users/harbs/Documents/git/PrintUI/printui-flexjs/PortedPrintUI/bin/js-d
>>>eb
>>> ug/com/printui/model/vos/StoryVO.js:191: ERROR - non-monotonic
>>>data-flow
>>> analysis
>>> com.printui.model.vos.StoryVO.prototype.buildTextFlow = function() {
>>>
>>> These errors prevent closure from minimizing the code.
>>>
>>> I don’t see anything obvious that would be causing the errors.
>>>
>>> Any suggestions?
>>>
>>> Harbs

Re: FlexJS New errors in Closure Compiler

Harbs
I’ll try playing with this later. I don’t have a lot of time today so I’ll see when I get to it.

I’ll try connecting with you tomorrow if you have time.