[FlexJS] Removing PasswordInputBead has no effect

Re: [FlexJS] Removing PasswordInputBead has no effect

OmPrakash Muppirala
On Wed, Jun 7, 2017 at 3:41 PM, Justin Mclean <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> HI,
>
> >  "It can't be done in a subclass with
> >   an override of the strand setter?
>
> Probably not without altering the original bead which may also be not PAYG.

That wont be breaking PAYG.  The basic idea is to avoid loading/running
unnecessary code during runtime.  Altering a class support subclassing
should be fine.

We are in what some would call an 'analysis paralysis' state.  Looks like
there is consensus on the subclassing route.  Let's go with that and solve
subsequent problems as they arise.

Thanks,
Om

> Thanks,
> Justin

Re: [FlexJS] Removing PasswordInputBead has no effect

Justin Mclean
Administrator
Hi,

> That wont be breaking PAYG.  The basic idea is to avoid loading/running
> unnecessary code during runtime.  Altering a class support subclassing
> should be fine.

Which the modified version does and would comply with that definition of PAYG - unless you think a single null check is anti PAYG.

This is why I been asking for a clear definition of PAYG and it certainly has generated some useful dicussion.

> Looks like there is consensus on the subclassing route.  Let's go with that and solve
> subsequent problems as they arise.

Sure.

Thanks,
Justin

Re: [FlexJS] Removing PasswordInputBead has no effect

Harbs
This is simply insanity. Discussing a simple change ad nuaseum is a colossal waste of time.

Instead of perpetuating this discussion, I just made the change myself. Use the new PasswordInputRemovableBead if you want to remove password input functionality.

Let’s move on.

Harbs

> On Jun 8, 2017, at 2:00 AM, Justin Mclean <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
>> That wont be breaking PAYG.  The basic idea is to avoid loading/running
>> unnecessary code during runtime.  Altering a class support subclassing
>> should be fine.
>
> Which the modified version does and would comply with that definition of PAYG - unless you think a single null check is anti PAYG.
>
> This is why I been asking for a clear definition of PAYG and it certainly has generated some useful dicussion.
>
>> Looks like there is consensus on the subclassing route.  Let's go with that and solve
>> subsequent problems as they arise.
>
> Sure.
>
> Thanks,
> Justin

Re: [FlexJS] Removing PasswordInputBead has no effect

Justin Mclean
Administrator
Hi,

I did say I would do it in my last email. Please remember I don't work full time on Apache Flex and I’m in a different time zone.

Thanks,
Justin

Re: [FlexJS] Removing PasswordInputBead has no effect

Harbs
Neither do I.

> On Jun 8, 2017, at 9:58 AM, Justin Mclean <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> I did say I would do it in my last email. Please remember I don't work full time on Apache Flex and I’m in a different time zone.
>
> Thanks,
> Justin

Re: [FlexJS] Removing PasswordInputBead has no effect

Justin Mclean
Administrator
Hi,

So you would then understand that it may take a day or two to get things done. The first email was at 9am my time, your email was at 5pm my time, during those hours I have a day job, and I while I may respond to email I generally don't work on Flex during 9-5 while on day job.  Have you for instance seen any other checkins from me today? It was first on my list of things to do, so thanks for doing it, but next time would you mind waiting at least 24 hours.

Thanks,
Justin