[FlexJS Summit] Preparing the schedule

Christofer Dutz

Hi guys,

So, Rich just forwarded me the only application to our FlexJS Summit that entered through the official CFP (which was ok because we were managing it ourselves anyway) ;-)

At least now I have the official Title of Justin’s “Something code quality and testing ” Talk, which we had on the confluence page [1]

So right now, it looks as if we were having the following schedule (including who said he would do the talk):

-          Introduction to FlexJS (no one yet)

-          FlexJS with Visual Studio Code (Josh)

-          Testing Apache FlexJS Applications (Justin)

-          Building FlexJS applications with Maven (Chris)

-          Migrating from Flex to FlexJS (no one yet)

-          1.0 Discussion Round

-          MDL in FlexJS (Carlos)

There are still two slots that I think are important and should be covered (“Introduction to FlexJS” and “Migrating from Flex to FlexJS”) … so anyone interested in doing this? As I said in another thread, if it’s a financial Problem, please sign up for TAC and do try to come. And the schedule isn’t in cement yet, but we definitely have to cement it soon.

So, could the ones in that list please confirm that they will be coming and doing the talk/session? If yes, please send me the following details for the talk directly to me:

-          Official Title

-          Abstract

-          Audience (*)

-          Benefits to the Ecosystem (*)

-          Experience Level (*)

-          Author Name

-          Biography

-          Job Title (*)

-          Organization (*)

(*) Not that important, I’ll fill in default values (ok ... not for the job and the organization ;-) )

Chris

[1] https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/FLEX/FlexJS+Summit+2017

Re: [FlexJS Summit] Preparing the schedule

Harbs
I will probably be able to do this. I should have confirmation in the next week or so.

> On Feb 15, 2017, at 11:25 PM, Christofer Dutz <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> -          Migrating from Flex to FlexJS (no one yet)

Re: [FlexJS Summit] Preparing the schedule

Harbs
Yishay mentioned that he may come as well. In that case, we can probably do it together.

> On Feb 15, 2017, at 11:37 PM, Harbs <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> I will probably be able to do this. I should have confirmation in the next week or so.
>
>> On Feb 15, 2017, at 11:25 PM, Christofer Dutz <[hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:
>>
>> -          Migrating from Flex to FlexJS (no one yet)

Re: [FlexJS Summit] Preparing the schedule

OmPrakash Muppirala
It would be nice to have a hackathon session as well.  I was able to add
support for FontAwesome to FlexJS in around 8 hours total.  Maybe we pick a
popular JS library and hack away at adding support for that in this session?

Thanks,
Om

On Wed, Feb 15, 2017 at 1:38 PM, Harbs <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Yishay mentioned that he may come as well. In that case, we can probably
> do it together.
>
> > On Feb 15, 2017, at 11:37 PM, Harbs <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > I will probably be able to do this. I should have confirmation in the
> next week or so.
> >
> >> On Feb 15, 2017, at 11:25 PM, Christofer Dutz <
> [hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:
> >>
> >> -          Migrating from Flex to FlexJS (no one yet)

Re: [FlexJS Summit] Preparing the schedule

Justin Mclean
Administrator

> So, could the ones in that list please confirm that they will be coming and doing the talk/session? If yes, please send me the following details for the talk directly to me:
> -          Official Title
> -          Abstract
> -          Audience (*)
> -          Benefits to the Ecosystem (*)
> -          Experience Level (*)
> -          Author Name
> -          Biography
> -          Job Title (*)
> -          Organization (*)

And if you could send me 100x100 pixel picture of yourself for the web site that would be great!

Thanks,
Justin

Re: [FlexJS Summit] Preparing the schedule

Excellent suggestion.

> On Feb 15, 2017, at 11:50 PM, OmPrakash Muppirala <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> It would be nice to have a hackathon session as well.  I was able to add
> support for FontAwesome to FlexJS in around 8 hours total.  Maybe we pick a
> popular JS library and hack away at adding support for that in this session?
>
> Thanks,
> Om
>
> On Wed, Feb 15, 2017 at 1:38 PM, Harbs <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Yishay mentioned that he may come as well. In that case, we can probably
>> do it together.
>>
>>> On Feb 15, 2017, at 11:37 PM, Harbs <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> I will probably be able to do this. I should have confirmation in the
>> next week or so.

Re: [FlexJS Summit] Preparing the schedule

WOW Om! Nice idea! :)
I would rather do something with TourJS during such hackathon.

Re: [FlexJS Summit] Preparing the schedule

Josh Tynjala
TourJS would be great! So many examples will be needed, and that could
really help lay a nice foundation.

- Josh

On Wed, Feb 15, 2017 at 1:49 PM, piotrz <[hidden email]> wrote:

> WOW Om! Nice idea! :)
> I would rather do something with TourJS during such hackathon.
>
> Piotr
>

> -----
> Apache Flex PMC

Re: [FlexJS Summit] Preparing the schedule

Christofer Dutz
But guys … keep in mind that we have one day and that’s about 6 Slots …

BUT … I think Apache has a complete hackathon day after/before the conference. I could check that out if you like.
Cause I think such a hacking day would be important and cool to have, but it takes a lot of time. Time we won’t have on the FlexJS day (I think)

Chris

Am 15.02.17, 23:24 schrieb "Josh Tynjala" <[hidden email]>:

    TourJS would be great! So many examples will be needed, and that could
    really help lay a nice foundation.

    - Josh

    On Wed, Feb 15, 2017 at 1:49 PM, piotrz <[hidden email]> wrote:

    > WOW Om! Nice idea! :)
    > I would rather do something with TourJS during such hackathon.
    >
    > Piotr
    >
    >
    >
    > -----
    > Apache Flex PMC

Re: [FlexJS Summit] Preparing the schedule

Justin Mclean
Administrator
Hi,

> But guys … keep in mind that we have one day and that’s about 6 Slots …

It’s 6 or 7 sessions per day we should know which before Monday. We need to fit our schedule to match the conference sessions times.

> BUT … I think Apache has a complete hackathon day after/before the conference. I could check that out if you like.
> Cause I think such a hacking day would be important and cool to have, but it takes a lot of time. Time we won’t have on the FlexJS day (I think)

Day after would be best if possible IMO as day before it going to clash with other sessions and summits.

Thanks,
Justin

Re: [FlexJS Summit] Preparing the schedule

Christofer Dutz
Hi Justin,

I think you misunderstood me … the day after the entire ApacheCon or the day before … so it would be Monday or Firday … I would definitely favor Friday too as it would sort of be a nice:
- Thursday: Talking Day
- Friday: Coding Day

I’ll ask the LF girls about this and check if it’s possible to get a hackathon space on Friday.

Chris

Am 15.02.17, 23:56 schrieb "Justin Mclean" <[hidden email]>:

    Hi,

    > But guys … keep in mind that we have one day and that’s about 6 Slots …

    It’s 6 or 7 sessions per day we should know which before Monday. We need to fit our schedule to match the conference sessions times.

    > BUT … I think Apache has a complete hackathon day after/before the conference. I could check that out if you like.
    > Cause I think such a hacking day would be important and cool to have, but it takes a lot of time. Time we won’t have on the FlexJS day (I think)

    Day after would be best if possible IMO as day before it going to clash with other sessions and summits.

    Thanks,
    Justin

Re: [FlexJS Summit] Preparing the schedule

If I manage to come to the conference probably I won't be able to stay on friday due to flight back. Monday would be same.

Re: [FlexJS Summit] Preparing the schedule

Justin Mclean
Administrator

> I think you misunderstood me … the day after the entire ApacheCon or the day before … so it would be Monday or Firday … I would definitely favor Friday too as it would sort of be a nice:
> - Thursday: Talking Day
> - Friday: Coding Day

The BarCamp is also on Monday I think - that may be a consideration.

Thanks,
Justin

Re: [FlexJS Summit] Preparing the schedule

I don’t know that I will able to be there on Friday either.

I would prefer to either stay later on Thursday to do what we can, or do it on Wednesday. I doubt I will be attending too many presentations. The extent of my participation of ApacheCon besides for Flex will probably just be to meet the other Apache folks in person.

Harbs

> On Feb 16, 2017, at 10:30 AM, piotrz <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> If I manage to come to the conference probably I won't be able to stay on
> friday due to flight back. Monday would be same.
>
> Piotr
>

> -----
> Apache Flex PMC

Re: [FlexJS Summit] Preparing the schedule

this days I was looking how to manage a travel to Miami, I'm still looking
at it, but it seems near impossible to left all my duties (home, work) for
at least 3-4 days. So, I can prepare a talk but do it in remote from
Madrid? What do you think?

Let me know if that could be an option.

A part from that, love Om's idea about a hackathon, that would be great to
demonstrate the power of FlexJS and how easy could be to translate from a
pure JS world to a FlexJS world. I must say that talking with different
people doesn't see FlexJS an option since they think we lost all the JS
world out there. But if we make a session where someone make a FlexJS lib
from some JS known library, it could be really good to show to the world :)

> I don’t know that I will able to be there on Friday either.
>
> I would prefer to either stay later on Thursday to do what we can, or do
> it on Wednesday. I doubt I will be attending too many presentations. The
> extent of my participation of ApacheCon besides for Flex will probably just
> be to meet the other Apache folks in person.
>
> Harbs
>
> > On Feb 16, 2017, at 10:30 AM, piotrz <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > If I manage to come to the conference probably I won't be able to stay on
> > friday due to flight back. Monday would be same.
> >
> > Piotr
> >

> > -----
> > Apache Flex PMC
> > [hidden email]
> > --

Director General
M: +34 607 22 60 05
http://www.codeoscopic.com
http://www.avant2.es

proceda a su destrucción.

necesaria.

Re: [FlexJS Summit] Preparing the schedule

Christofer Dutz
Hi Guys,

I still need some abstract for some of the talks. It would be great if you could add this on the Wiki page, so I can forward that to the LF for the Schedule.
Currently I have everything I need from Justin and Me, but the rest is still missing. I need:
- Official Title
- Abstract
- Speaker Name
- Speaker Bio
- Speaker Picture

Chris

Am 16.02.17, 19:54 schrieb "[hidden email] im Auftrag von Carlos Rovira" <[hidden email] im Auftrag von [hidden email]>:

    Hi,

    this days I was looking how to manage a travel to Miami, I'm still looking
    at it, but it seems near impossible to left all my duties (home, work) for
    at least 3-4 days. So, I can prepare a talk but do it in remote from
    Madrid? What do you think?

    Let me know if that could be an option.

    A part from that, love Om's idea about a hackathon, that would be great to
    demonstrate the power of FlexJS and how easy could be to translate from a
    pure JS world to a FlexJS world. I must say that talking with different
    people doesn't see FlexJS an option since they think we lost all the JS
    world out there. But if we make a session where someone make a FlexJS lib
    from some JS known library, it could be really good to show to the world :)

    > I don’t know that I will able to be there on Friday either.
    >
    > I would prefer to either stay later on Thursday to do what we can, or do
    > it on Wednesday. I doubt I will be attending too many presentations. The
    > extent of my participation of ApacheCon besides for Flex will probably just
    > be to meet the other Apache folks in person.
    >
    > Harbs
    >
    > > On Feb 16, 2017, at 10:30 AM, piotrz <[hidden email]> wrote:
    > >
    > > Hi,
    > >
    > > If I manage to come to the conference probably I won't be able to stay on
    > > friday due to flight back. Monday would be same.
    > >
    > > Piotr
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > > -----
    > > Apache Flex PMC
    > > [hidden email]
    > > --

    Director General
    M: +34 607 22 60 05
    http://www.codeoscopic.com
    http://www.avant2.es

    proceda a su destrucción.

    necesaria.

Re: [FlexJS Summit] Preparing the schedule

Justin Mclean
Administrator
Hi,

Plus a 100x100 photo of yourself for the web site please. I’m missing that from everyone.

Thanks,
Justin

Re: [FlexJS Summit] Preparing the schedule

Justin Mclean
Administrator
HI,

> Plus a 100x100 photo of yourself for the web site please. I’m missing that from everyone.

The default image will be this if you don’t send me a picture :-)

https://www.google.com.au/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=nick+nolte+mug+shot <https://www.google.com.au/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=nick+nolte+mug+shot>

Thanks,
Justin

Re: [FlexJS Summit] Preparing the schedule

Christofer Dutz
Yeah +1 for that … directly have to send you mine ;-)

Am 20.02.17, 00:33 schrieb "[hidden email]" <[hidden email]>:

    HI,

    > Plus a 100x100 photo of yourself for the web site please. I’m missing that from everyone.

    The default image will be this if you don’t send me a picture :-)

    https://www.google.com.au/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=nick+nolte+mug+shot <https://www.google.com.au/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=nick+nolte+mug+shot>

    Thanks,
    Justin

Re: [FlexJS Summit] Preparing the schedule

I can not found any talk descriptions nor a link to the FlexJS summit landing page when coming from the ApacheCon schedule site [1]
To get as much attention as possible it might be also helpful to introduce FlexJS with one or two sentences at each talk description.

Let me know if I can help to fix this...

I'll register this week for ApacheCon, so I'm looking forward to seeing you in Miami :-)

Olaf

[1] http://events.linuxfoundation.org/events/apachecon-north-america/program/schedule