[FlexJS] Using transpiled HTML/JS/CSS code with CodePen

[FlexJS] Using transpiled HTML/JS/CSS code with CodePen

I'm trying to create a CodePen for the MDL slider but it doesn't work as expected.
I just tried to copy the transpiled HTML/JS/CSS to CodePen.

This is a CodePen example for the MDL slider [1].
It basically works but it's not the same result as the browser shows.

Do I miss something?

[1] https://codepen.io/ok-at-codepen/pen/WEEydM

Re: [FlexJS] Using transpiled HTML/JS/CSS code with CodePen

piotrz
Hi Olaf,

Could you additionally post what you have in your FlexJS MDL project ?

Re: [FlexJS] Using transpiled HTML/JS/CSS code with CodePen

Olaf Krueger
>Could you additionally post what you have in your FlexJS MDL project ?

https://gist.github.com/ok-at-github/2e7dd966423db0b3954dce3de89b430e

(This works fine in the browser)

I have to mention that I copy and paste the code from the FlexJS debug target and also from the browser source while trying to get something work.

Thank you!

Re: [FlexJS] Using transpiled HTML/JS/CSS code with CodePen

piotrz
Olaf,

I will try to do this as you were did, but it will not be to fast.

I will add this to my to do list.

Re: [FlexJS] Using transpiled HTML/JS/CSS code with CodePen

Olaf Krueger
>I will try to do this as you were did, but it will not be to fast.

Thanks Piotr!
I don't know anything about the life time of a particular CodePen, but maybe we could use it to publish some FlexJS live demos.

Re: [FlexJS] Using transpiled HTML/JS/CSS code with CodePen

piotrz
I'm not sure whether seeing some transpiled code for someone is a good experience.

I would rather explore TourJS and make there examples. Then publish links to each of them.

Re: [FlexJS] Using transpiled HTML/JS/CSS code with CodePen

Olaf Krueger
piotrz wrote
I would rather explore TourJS and make there examples. Then publish links to each of them.
Could you provide me a link to a live demo of TourJS?

Re: [FlexJS] Using transpiled HTML/JS/CSS code with CodePen

piotrz
It is not deployed anywhere yet. - That is something which should be done once we have enough content there.
Link to github [1]

[1] https://github.com/apache/flex-tourjs/tree/develop

Re: [FlexJS] Using transpiled HTML/JS/CSS code with CodePen

piotrz
You could try to build everything with 0.9.0 version and update Maven build with 0.9.0-SNAPSHOT.

This [1] conversation maybe helpful cause Peter is describing what is the structure of TourJS.

[1] http://apache-flex-development.2333347.n4.nabble.com/FlexJS-Text-For-the-Tour-td58508.html

Re: [FlexJS] Using transpiled HTML/JS/CSS code with CodePen

Olaf Krueger
Hmm, whether TourJS or some other examples, I think we definitely need to get some examples or live demos online.
FlexJS lives a bit in the dark cause all the useful content is hidden behind the scene. Difficult to find and maybe also difficult to get it working.

Would be great if we could have the ability to commit some FlexJS code to an Apache repo which is built and deployed automatically to somewhere.

I lost the link but I remember that there is a FlexJS MDL live demo out there, how does this work?

Thanks,
olaf

Re: [FlexJS] Using transpiled HTML/JS/CSS code with CodePen

piotrz
We need sub domain or domain for TourJS "tourjs.flex.apache.org" or just http://flex.apache.org/tourjs. I'm not sure how to get it - maybe it is enough to have in svn repository subfolder and put there build version of tourjs.

FlexJS MDL Live demo - it was link to build version of MDLExample on Jenkins - this is definitely not something which we could share to the other users.