Fontawesome 5

hferreira
Hello,

Fontawesome 5 is out with a ton of new icons.
Would be nice to have this updated on the next Flex update.

Re: Fontawesome 5

if I understand it correctly, FontAwesome5 was rewritten from scratch and
existing FontAwesome4 icons were replaced by new ones.
So it seems to me that this update is not the same easy task which it was in
the past.
However, could you file a JIRA for this task?

Re: Fontawesome 5

Olaf Krueger
Ahhh... I've just seen that you've already created the JIRA [1]

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FLEX-35380

Re: Fontawesome 5

FontAwesome4 is part of the flatspark project.

I would like to propose to outsource FontAwesome5 into its own project.
If I remember it correctly, such a project just needs the FontAwesome otf
font files, a license file and an AS3 class that holds constants for each
particular icon name.

Thoughts?

Re: Fontawesome 5

as soon I have time I'll try to make FontAwesome5 part of the SDK as its own
project.

For those who don't know how to use Font Awesome 5 with Flex:
I've just created a little demo project and some explanation [1].

Hope this helps,
Olaf

[1] https://github.com/olafkrueger/FontAwesome5WithApacheFlex

Re: Fontawesome 5

hferreira
Thanks,

Nice.

I rely heavily on font Fontawesome.
And this new major release seems to add great new options.