Interview on the FlexJS Summit ...

Christofer Dutz
Hi guys,

Yesterday Apache published an Interview about the FlexJS Summit last week ☺

https://feathercast.apache.org/2017/04/17/chris-dutz-apachecon-north-america-and-flexjs-summit/

Hope I didn’t talk any rubbish ;-)

Chris

Re: Interview on the FlexJS Summit ...

piotrz
Hi Chris,

Great talk! Everything in a nutshell ! :)

Apache Flex PMC
piotrzarzycki21@gmail.com

Re: Interview on the FlexJS Summit ...

yishayw
Nice interview, I'm sure it made some listeners curious about the summit.

I thought there was potential for confusion when you compared the move to FlexJS to the move from Flex 3 to Flex 4. Flex 4 was backwards compatible with Flex 3 and feature rich. I think we need to be careful that listeners don't expect to see a feature rich FlexJS 1.0 that's compatible with Flex 4.

Other than that I thought you did a good job in putting things in a clear context. Should also help me with my introduction talk.

Re: Interview on the FlexJS Summit ...

Douglas McCarroll
Suggestion: Whoever is in charge of @ApacheFlex tweets - tweet about this.

On Tue, Apr 18, 2017 at 5:35 AM, Christofer Dutz <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Hi guys,
>
> Yesterday Apache published an Interview about the FlexJS Summit last week ☺
>
> https://feathercast.apache.org/2017/04/17/chris-dutz-
> apachecon-north-america-and-flexjs-summit/
>
> Hope I didn’t talk any rubbish ;-)
>
> Chris

Re: Interview on the FlexJS Summit ...

Alex Harui
Well done, Chris!

(Well, maybe not the part where you said Flash is dead ;-)).  But I think
you did better than I would in those conditions.

Anyway, who do we currently know is going to the FlexJS Summit?

On 4/18/17, 4:00 AM, "yishayw" <[hidden email]> wrote:

>Nice interview, I'm sure it made some listeners curious about the summit.
>
>I thought there was potential for confusion when you compared the move to
>FlexJS to the move from Flex 3 to Flex 4. Flex 4 was backwards compatible
>with Flex 3 and feature rich. I think we need to be careful that listeners
>don't expect to see a feature rich FlexJS 1.0 that's compatible with Flex
>4.
>
>Other than that I thought you did a good job in putting things in a clear
>context. Should also help me with my introduction talk.

Re: Interview on the FlexJS Summit ...

yishayw
I'll be there.

Alex Harui wrote
Anyway, who do we currently know is going to the FlexJS Summit?

Re: Interview on the FlexJS Summit ...

Alex,

I think we have list here [1]. There is only one missing as I know Yishay, be he already stated that he will come. :)

[1] https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/FLEX/FlexJS+Summit+2017

Piotr
Apache Flex PMC
piotrzarzycki21@gmail.com