Is Any Browser At All Supporting Flash as of today?

Is Any Browser At All Supporting Flash as of today?

yishayw
Hi,

We are in the process of converting a Flex app to Royale. The customer was under the impression that they could afford to give us another few weeks by telling the customers to use an old version of FF, but now they’ve learned that plan is not working.

Any ideas for an emergency workaround?

Thanks.

Re: Is Any Browser At All Supporting Flash as of today?

Harbs
Some ideas to look into. No idea how well any will work.

- https://ruffle.rs/ <https://ruffle.rs/>
- Use the Flash Player Debugger
- Make a thin AIR wrapper to load the swf.

Here’s a useful-looking article with some more possible suggestions:

https://blogs.sap.com/2020/12/10/how-to-keep-enterprise-flash-applications-accessible-in-2021/ <https://blogs.sap.com/2020/12/10/how-to-keep-enterprise-flash-applications-accessible-in-2021/>

> On Jan 12, 2021, at 9:03 AM, Yishay Weiss <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> We are in the process of converting a Flex app to Royale. The customer was under the impression that they could afford to give us another few weeks by telling the customers to use an old version of FF, but now they’ve learned that plan is not working.
>
> Any ideas for an emergency workaround?
>
> Thanks.

RE: Is Any Browser At All Supporting Flash as of today?

yishayw
Thanks, Harbs. I’ll see if there’s some magic there.

Some ideas to look into. No idea how well any will work.

- https://ruffle.rs/ <https://ruffle.rs/>
- Use the Flash Player Debugger
- Make a thin AIR wrapper to load the swf.

Here’s a useful-looking article with some more possible suggestions:

https://blogs.sap.com/2020/12/10/how-to-keep-enterprise-flash-applications-accessible-in-2021/ <https://blogs.sap.com/2020/12/10/how-to-keep-enterprise-flash-applications-accessible-in-2021/>

> On Jan 12, 2021, at 9:03 AM, Yishay Weiss <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> We are in the process of converting a Flex app to Royale. The customer was under the impression that they could afford to give us another few weeks by telling the customers to use an old version of FF, but now they’ve learned that plan is not working.
>
> Any ideas for an emergency workaround?
>
> Thanks.

RE: Is Any Browser At All Supporting Flash as of today?

after24
 Hi yishayw,

Don't sure if it will last but at the moment Firefox *ESR* 52.3.0 still
works for us (flash player 26.0.0.131)

If you want to make a try, you can download specific version of Firefox here
:  https://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/firefox/releases/
<https://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/firefox/releases/>

Vincent.

RE: Is Any Browser At All Supporting Flash as of today?

yishayw
Thanks.

Following this guide [1] which was in one of Harbs’ links we were able to get it working forf FF and Windows

By editing mms.cfg under C:\Windows\SysWOW64\Macromed\Flash and adding the following content

EOLUninstallDisable=1
SilentAutoUpdateEnable=0
EnableAllowList=1
AutoUpdateDisable=1
ErrorReportingEnable=1
AllowListUrlPattern=http:*

The wildcard syntax is explained here [2]. Apparently the ports cannot be specified in a wildcard.

[1] https://blogs.sap.com/2020/12/10/how-to-keep-enterprise-flash-applications-accessible-in-2021/
[2] https://avid.secure.force.com/pkb/servlet/fileField?retURL=%2Fpkb%2Farticles%2Fen_US%2FFAQ%2FAvid-video-products-and-FLASH-replacement-for-2020&entityId=ka05A000001DcvEQAS&field=Attachment_3__Body__s

RE: Is Any Browser At All Supporting Flash as of today?

yishayw
> The wildcard syntax is explained

Actually the wildcards are not working for me.

RE: Is Any Browser At All Supporting Flash as of today?

yishayw
This is a better source for wildcard syntax. It turns out that

http://* is not allowed. But

http://*.example.com/ is allowed. A wildcard symbol needs at least 2 specific labels following, otherwise it’s considered too permissive.

[1]https://www.adobe.com/content/dam/acom/en/devnet/flashplayer/articles/flash_player_admin_guide/pdf/latest/flash_player_32_0_admin_guide.pdf

Actually the wildcards are not working for me.

Re: Is Any Browser At All Supporting Flash as of today?

Carlos Rovira-3
Think that whaever is working today will stop in the next days since Adobe
said that January, 12th will block flash content.

Only Adobe AIR seems to be an option but keep in mind that
ExternalInterface will not work inside due to old webkit embedded inside
AIR.

El mar, 12 ene 2021 a las 12:09, Yishay Weiss (<[hidden email]>)
escribió:

> > The wildcard syntax is explained
>
> Actually the wildcards are not working for me.

Apache Member & Apache Royale PMC
*Apache Software Foundation*
http://about.me/carlosrovira

Re: Is Any Browser At All Supporting Flash as of today?

Harbs
EOLUninstallDisable should theoretically prevent that.