[LAST CALL] Release FlexJS/FalconJX 0.8.0

1234567 ... 17

Re: [LAST CALL] Release FlexJS/FalconJX 0.8.0

piotrz
Hi Justin,

I just tried dual Falcon and SDK - everything build fine. Maybe try again - it look like problem with downloading something and if you could post whole output from console on paste.apache.org.

Apache Flex PMC
piotrzarzycki21@gmail.com

Re: [LAST CALL] Release FlexJS/FalconJX 0.8.0

Justin Mclean
Administrator
Hi,

> I just tried dual Falcon and SDK - everything build fine. Maybe try again

Tried again and still no luck, here's full debug output:

https://paste.apache.org/0E5G

Thanks,
Justin

Re: [LAST CALL] Release FlexJS/FalconJX 0.8.0

piotrz
Maybe that something specific to Mac, I'm using windows.
Apache Flex PMC
piotrzarzycki21@gmail.com

Re: [LAST CALL] Release FlexJS/FalconJX 0.8.0

Alex Harui
"mvn clean install" works for me on Mac

-Alex

On 4/29/17, 10:56 PM, "piotrz" <[hidden email]> wrote:

>Maybe that something specific to Mac, I'm using windows.
>

>-----
>Apache Flex PMC
>[hidden email]

Re: [LAST CALL] Release FlexJS/FalconJX 0.8.0

Christofer Dutz
Hi Justin,

I think I found the problem … It took me a while to notice, but I think I found what’s going wrong.

You are running “mvn clean compile” which compiles each module and created the swcs in the target directories. Unfortunately, they just stay there as they are not copied to your maven local repository. To do that, you need to run “mvn clean install”. I would give that a try.

Chris

Am 30.04.17, 00:29 schrieb "Justin Mclean" <[hidden email]>:

    Hi,

    > I just tried dual Falcon and SDK - everything build fine. Maybe try again

    Tried again and still no luck, here's full debug output:

    https://paste.apache.org/0E5G

    Thanks,
    Justin

Re: [LAST CALL] Release FlexJS/FalconJX 0.8.0

Justin Mclean
Administrator
Hi,

> You are running “mvn clean compile” which compiles each module and created the swcs in the target directories. Unfortunately, they just stay there as they are not copied to your maven local repository.

Thanks Chris that would explain the error.

> To do that, you need to run “mvn clean install”. I would give that a try.

Looks like typedef is now broken as I’m getting this:

[INFO] --- exec-maven-plugin:1.5.0:exec (patch-js) @ flexjs-typedefs-js ---
error: patch failed: js/target/downloads/svg.js:401
error: js/target/downloads/svg.js: patch does not apply
[ERROR] Command execution failed.

I’m assume the patch file no longer matches what’s at [1]?

Thanks,
Justin

1. https://storage.googleapis.com/google-code-archive-downloads/v2/code.google.com/closureidl/svg.js

Re: [LAST CALL] Release FlexJS/FalconJX 0.8.0

Alex Harui
The "dual" branch has been merged with develop.

It built locally for me with Ant and Maven using "mvn clean install"

We'll see how the CI servers like it.

There are still examples that need tweaking.

On 4/28/17, 12:05 AM, "Alex Harui" <[hidden email]> wrote:

>On 4/27/17, 12:56 PM, "Josh Tynjala" <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>>I finally had a chance to give the "dual" branch a try with some of my
>>projects. Things seem to be working well for me!
>
>Thanks for trying it.  I've just finished getting FlexJSStore's first
>screen to look like it should.  I will be poking at more examples tomorrow
>then I will push dual to develop on Sunday night unless I hear objections
>or run into issues.
>
>Thanks,
>-Alex

Re: [LAST CALL] Release FlexJS/FalconJX 0.8.0

Justin Mclean
Administrator
Hi,

> We'll see how the CI servers like it.

Looks like it’s failing [1] with exactly the same error as I had the other day. It is doing a “clean install”.

Thanks,
Justin

1. https://builds.apache.org/job/FlexJS%20Framework%20(maven)/883/console

On 4/30/17, 9:39 PM, "Justin Mclean" <[hidden email]> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>> We'll see how the CI servers like it.
>
>Looks like it’s failing [1] with exactly the same error as I had the
>other day. It is doing a “clean install”.

I noticed that too.  I'm still trying to figure out how to build the
distribution locally in order to investigate.
Does "mvn clean install" work for you?

Re: [LAST CALL] Release FlexJS/FalconJX 0.8.0

Justin Mclean
Administrator
Hi,

> Does "mvn clean install" work for you?

No but not had time to look into it deeper. As I posted here I also have an issue with typedefs that’s stopping it from compiling.

Thanks,
Justin

On 4/30/17, 9:44 PM, "Justin Mclean" <[hidden email]> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>> Does "mvn clean install" work for you?
>
>No but not had time to look into it deeper. As I posted here I also have
>an issue with typedefs that’s stopping it from compiling.

mvn clean install worked fine for me in flex-typedefs.  What commands did
you try?

Re: [LAST CALL] Release FlexJS/FalconJX 0.8.0

Justin Mclean
Administrator
Hi,

> What commands did you try?

 mvn clean install

I also tried:
rm ./js/target/downloads/svg.js

And then clean install no luck.

I also tried downloading the file and manually applying the git patch but that also failed.

Hereteh has of the download - perhaps check if it matches yours?
MD5 (./js/target/downloads/svg.js) = 127dd144c7954427dd3d4186b3f8dc2c

Thanks,
Justin

Re: [LAST CALL] Release FlexJS/FalconJX 0.8.0

Alex Harui
Update:  I had to figure out how to use the Mavenizer to put AIR 20 in the
local repository, but then the distribution build passed for me locally,
so not sure what Justin and the CI server are seeing.  Still investigating.

Re: [LAST CALL] Release FlexJS/FalconJX 0.8.0

Alex Harui
New Update:  By deleting the Core folder in my local Maven repo, I was
able get a different error, which I think I fixed in this latest commit.
We'll see if it fixes the CI server as well.

-Alex

On 4/30/17, 10:59 PM, "Alex Harui" <[hidden email]> wrote:

>Update:  I had to figure out how to use the Mavenizer to put AIR 20 in the
>local repository, but then the distribution build passed for me locally,
>so not sure what Justin and the CI server are seeing.  Still
>investigating.
>
>-Alex

Re: [LAST CALL] Release FlexJS/FalconJX 0.8.0

Christofer Dutz
Well you could try deleting “{maven-local-repo-dir}/.cache” directory as this is where the maven-download-plugin downloads and caches downloads.

Chris

    Hi,

    Justin

Re: [LAST CALL] Release FlexJS/FalconJX 0.8.0

Christofer Dutz
But in general, “mvn clean compile” should have worked. I even double checked with the debugger … if the other modules are part of the build it would acutally resolve the artifacts from the target directories instead of from the maven local repo … I’ll continue investigating this.

Chris

Am 30.04.17, 23:42 schrieb "Justin Mclean" <[hidden email]>:

    Hi,

    > You are running “mvn clean compile” which compiles each module and created the swcs in the target directories. Unfortunately, they just stay there as they are not copied to your maven local repository.

    Thanks Chris that would explain the error.

    > To do that, you need to run “mvn clean install”. I would give that a try.

    Looks like typedef is now broken as I’m getting this:

    [INFO] --- exec-maven-plugin:1.5.0:exec (patch-js) @ flexjs-typedefs-js ---
    error: patch failed: js/target/downloads/svg.js:401
    error: js/target/downloads/svg.js: patch does not apply
    [ERROR] Command execution failed.

    I’m assume the patch file no longer matches what’s at [1]?

    Thanks,
    Justin

    1. https://storage.googleapis.com/google-code-archive-downloads/v2/code.google.com/closureidl/svg.js

Re: [LAST CALL] Release FlexJS/FalconJX 0.8.0

Greg Dove
Chris, or perhaps Alex:
With the latest changes for maven, I am trying to figure out how to get the
same result with maven as
<outputJavascript>true</outputJavascript>

which previously permitted js-only compilation so that COMPILE::JS was not
needed in js-only target project, and it was possible to use, for example,
var style:CSSStyleDeclaration,
window['Intl'] etc
outside of COMPILE::JS

Is this still possible in some way after the change? I can see options for
maven like
skipAS etc, but have not figured out a combination that achieves the same.

I am hoping there is something simple that I didn't see - I am still
getting my head around using maven, (apart from finding it mostly very
intuitive to 'read').
If not, I can always go through the code and wrap things in COMPILE::JS,
was just hoping that I don't need to do that.
Thanks,
Greg

On Tue, May 2, 2017 at 2:51 AM, Christofer Dutz <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> But in general, “mvn clean compile” should have worked. I even double
> checked with the debugger … if the other modules are part of the build it
> would acutally resolve the artifacts from the target directories instead of
> from the maven local repo … I’ll continue investigating this.
>
> Chris
>
> Am 30.04.17, 23:42 schrieb "Justin Mclean" <[hidden email]>:
>
>     Hi,
>
>     > You are running “mvn clean compile” which compiles each module and
> created the swcs in the target directories. Unfortunately, they just stay
> there as they are not copied to your maven local repository.
>
>     Thanks Chris that would explain the error.
>
>     > To do that, you need to run “mvn clean install”. I would give that a
> try.
>
>     Looks like typedef is now broken as I’m getting this:
>
>     [INFO] --- exec-maven-plugin:1.5.0:exec (patch-js) @
> flexjs-typedefs-js ---
>     error: patch failed: js/target/downloads/svg.js:401
>     error: js/target/downloads/svg.js: patch does not apply
>     [ERROR] Command execution failed.
>
>     I’m assume the patch file no longer matches what’s at [1]?
>
>     Thanks,
>     Justin
>
>     1. https://storage.googleapis.com/google-code-archive-
> downloads/v2/code.google.com/closureidl/svg.js

Re: [LAST CALL] Release FlexJS/FalconJX 0.8.0

Christofer Dutz
Hi Greg,

I must admit that I currently don’t quite know the changes Alex did. It seems the normal build scenarios inside the framework still seem to work, but I can’t tell about any of the others. But I think it should be easy to provide the functionality you are looking for as soon as Alex provides me with information on what we have to change.

Chris

    wrote:

    > But in general, “mvn clean compile” should have worked. I even double
    > checked with the debugger … if the other modules are part of the build it
    > would acutally resolve the artifacts from the target directories instead of
    > from the maven local repo … I’ll continue investigating this.
    >
    > Chris
    >
    > Am 30.04.17, 23:42 schrieb "Justin Mclean" <[hidden email]>:
    >
    >     Hi,
    >
    >     > You are running “mvn clean compile” which compiles each module and
    > created the swcs in the target directories. Unfortunately, they just stay
    > there as they are not copied to your maven local repository.
    >
    >     Thanks Chris that would explain the error.
    >
    >     > To do that, you need to run “mvn clean install”. I would give that a
    > try.
    >
    >     Looks like typedef is now broken as I’m getting this:
    >
    >     [INFO] --- exec-maven-plugin:1.5.0:exec (patch-js) @
    > flexjs-typedefs-js ---
    >     error: patch failed: js/target/downloads/svg.js:401
    >     error: js/target/downloads/svg.js: patch does not apply
    >     [ERROR] Command execution failed.
    >
    >     I’m assume the patch file no longer matches what’s at [1]?
    >
    >     Thanks,
    >     Justin
    >
    >     1. https://storage.googleapis.com/google-code-archive-
    > downloads/v2/code.google.com/closureidl/svg.js

Re: [LAST CALL] Release FlexJS/FalconJX 0.8.0

Alex Harui
I believe examples/native/ButtonExample only produces JS output.

-Alex

On 5/1/17, 9:11 AM, "Greg Dove" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> [...]
>>
>>     [INFO] --- exec-maven-plugin:1.5.0:exec (patch-js) @
>> flexjs-typedefs-js ---
>>     error: patch failed: js/target/downloads/svg.js:401
>>     error: js/target/downloads/svg.js: patch does not apply
>>     [ERROR] Command execution failed.
>>
>>     I’m assume the patch file no longer matches what’s at [1]?
>>
>>     Thanks,
>>     Justin
>>
>>     1.
>>https://na01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fstorage.
>>googleapis.com%2Fgoogle-code-archive-&data=02%7C01%7C%7C6d802edc936741aa1
>>c4e08d490acbcb6%7Cfa7b1b5a7b34438794aed2c178decee1%7C0%7C0%7C636292518959
>>818809&sdata=XnKepN4BFugfoG%2BrYp3Kpsc%2F8ZGRT64IpOKGuJ0%2Fk%2Fo%3D&reser
>>ved=0
>> downloads/v2/code.google.com/closureidl/svg.js

Re: [LAST CALL] Release FlexJS/FalconJX 0.8.0

Thanks Alex,

This helps
<targets>JS</targets>
Still some stuff left to figure out, but that is progress. Pretty sure that
falls into "I am hoping there is something simple that I didn't see" -
thanks again.

btw I think :
<outputJavaScript>true</outputJavaScript>

is presumably redundant in any pom.xml now, including that example. My
reason for thinking that is that it is coming up 'red', with tooltip
"Element outputJavaScript is not allowed here", for a local project via
code highlighting in Intellij (which was really helpful initially to
understand this change).