LOGO

Samuel Janzen
Hello everyone*,

*see below for my flex logo submission:*

Logo presentation and overview:*
http://samueljanzen.com/share/image/apache-flex-logo-overview.png

*Vector Logos (zip):*
http://samueljanzen.com/share/zip/apache-flex-vector-logos.zip

Best regards,
Samuel

http://samueljanzen.com

Re: LOGO

Csomák Gábor
not bad. my 2nd favorite so far :)
could you try it with bigger inner arrows (meaning smaller outer)? I'm not
sure it would be better, but maybe.

On Tue, Jan 10, 2012 at 12:09 PM, Samuel Janzen <[hidden email]>wrote:

> Hello everyone*,
>
> *see below for my flex logo submission:*
>
> Logo presentation and overview:*
> http://samueljanzen.com/share/image/apache-flex-logo-overview.png
>

> *Vector Logos (zip):*
> http://samueljanzen.com/share/zip/apache-flex-vector-logos.zip
>

> Best regards,
> Samuel

> http://samueljanzen.com

Re: LOGO

Rui D. Silva

> From: "Csomák Gábor" <[hidden email]>

> not bad. my 2nd favorite so far :)
> could you try it with bigger inner arrows (meaning smaller outer)? I'm not
> sure it would be better, but maybe.

That was what I was about to suggest too. As is, the logo appears to be too bulky and less elegant. There's another problem with that bulkiness, it is too similar to a known Celt symbol used by a certain dictator who, unfortunately, turned an extremely beautiful symbol conveying strength and balance into a outcast dabble that is synonym of terror and fear.

You spin the logo quite well and I agree with all the significant parts you identified. There's just one lacking, flexibility leads to elegance which the bulky arrows and lettering fail to communicate.

I'd try Csomák's suggestion and tone down a little bit the outward arrows (also because usability should, at least, be as important as scalability). The Flex word could also be a little bulky and more elegant (not fancy). In the general sense the logo really needs a little more breathing space. Everything else is quite nicely thought out.

Cheers,
Rui

Re: LOGO

Fréderic Cox
WOW! I'm impressed, +1 from me :-)

On 10/01/12 12:09, "Samuel Janzen" <[hidden email]> wrote:

>Hello everyone*,
>
>*see below for my flex logo submission:*
>
>Logo presentation and overview:*
>http://samueljanzen.com/share/image/apache-flex-logo-overview.png
>

>*Vector Logos (zip):*
>http://samueljanzen.com/share/zip/apache-flex-vector-logos.zip
>

>Best regards,
>Samuel
>
>--
>http://samueljanzen.com

Re: LOGO

Hercules Fisherman
accept it is too much like vmware logo
http://www.vmwarez.com/uploaded_images/playercap3-777309.gif

Hercules Fisherman
Tel: +44 7799641948

is.gd/_linkedin

On 10/01/12 12:09, "Samuel Janzen" <[hidden email]> wrote:

>Hello everyone*,
>
>*see below for my flex logo submission:*
>
>Logo presentation and overview:*
>http://samueljanzen.com/share/image/apache-flex-logo-overview.png
>

>*Vector Logos (zip):*
>http://samueljanzen.com/share/zip/apache-flex-vector-logos.zip
>

>Best regards,
>Samuel

>http://samueljanzen.com

Re: LOGO

Quentin Le Hénaff
what about a curved arrows from the center to the edges ?
like it's "flexible and spreading"?

On Tue, Jan 10, 2012 at 1:31 PM, Hercules Fisherman <[hidden email]> wrote:

> accept it is too much like vmware logo
> http://www.vmwarez.com/uploaded_images/playercap3-777309.gif
>

> Hercules Fisherman
> Tel: +44 7799641948
>
> is.gd/_linkedin

Re: LOGO

Matthew Poole
 I quite like this, its a nice idea. Definately a contender.

On 10 January 2012 13:21, Quentin Le Hénaff <[hidden email]> wrote:

> what about a curved arrows from the center to the edges ?
> like it's "flexible and spreading"?
>
> On Tue, Jan 10, 2012 at 1:31 PM, Hercules Fisherman <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
> > accept it is too much like vmware logo
> > http://www.vmwarez.com/uploaded_images/playercap3-777309.gif
> >

> > Hercules Fisherman
> > Tel: +44 7799641948
> >
> > is.gd/_linkedin

Re: LOGO

Samuel Janzen
Check out these two variations of the logo, they are not as bold as the
original draft and include some of your suggestions mentioned earlier.

http://samueljanzen.com/share/image/apache-flex-logo_rect-rgb_var2.png
http://samueljanzen.com/share/image/apache-flex-logo_rect-rgb_var3.png

cheers,
- Samuel

http://samueljanzen.com

Re: LOGO

Csomák Gábor
var2 is awesome. good job

On Tue, Jan 10, 2012 at 5:08 PM, Samuel Janzen <[hidden email]>wrote:

> Check out these two variations of the logo, they are not as bold as the
> original draft and include some of your suggestions mentioned earlier.
>
> http://samueljanzen.com/share/image/apache-flex-logo_rect-rgb_var2.png
> http://samueljanzen.com/share/image/apache-flex-logo_rect-rgb_var3.png
>
> cheers,
> - Samuel
>
> 2012/1/10 Samuel Janzen <[hidden email]>
>
> > *Logo presentation and overview:*
> > http://samueljanzen.com/share/image/apache-flex-logo-overview.png
> >

> > *Vector Logos (zip):*
> > http://samueljanzen.com/share/zip/apache-flex-vector-logos.zip