Logo Contest draft published :: Spread the word!

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Logo Contest draft published :: Spread the word!

Michael Schmalle
Hi,

I just published the draft logo contest on the site [1]

We still need to figure out;

   - How long 1 or 2 weeks (this was discussed but I feel like since it was
     on the weekend it could quickly be rehashed again)
   - Should we start the contest 01-10-2012
   - How are we going to vote for the winner

"
One thing that ought to be cleared up in the next week is the  
procedure for voting on the contestants. Will it be a ranked order  
until a choice is the majority? Will it be the most votes no matter  
how few? Will it be a run-off between the top two? This is up to this  
PPMC.
Dave Fisher
"

Thanks,
Mike


[1] http://incubator.apache.org/flex/index.html


Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Logo Contest draft published :: Spread the word!

Bertrand Delacretaz
On Mon, Jan 9, 2012 at 1:08 PM, Michael Schmalle <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I just published the draft logo contest on the site [1]...

As I said in the other thread I'd suggest putting that in its own
page, with just an announcement on the front page. This allows us to
keep that page up for as long as we want, while the front page might
need to change.

Instead of "Cannot not resemble the past or present Adobe Flex logo"
I'd say "Should not be confused with..."

> We still need to figure out;
>
>  - How long 1 or 2 weeks (this was discussed but I feel like since it was
>    on the weekend it could quickly be rehashed again)

I'd say one week, we have a few submissions already, no need to wait more IMO.

>  - Should we start the contest 01-10-2012

Yes IMO

>  - How are we going to vote for the winner

We can discuss that separately, for now I suggest adding "the Flex
PPMC will select the winning logo within 1-2 weeks after the contest
closes" to the contest page.

There was also a discussion of submitting via Twitter, IMO we could
accept submissions in tweets with the #flexlogo hashtag and a URL to
the logo and zip file.

-Bertrand

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Logo Contest draft published :: Spread the word!

Michael Schmalle
Quoting Bertrand Delacretaz <[hidden email]>:

> On Mon, Jan 9, 2012 at 1:08 PM, Michael Schmalle  
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> I just published the draft logo contest on the site [1]...
>
> As I said in the other thread I'd suggest putting that in its own
> page, with just an announcement on the front page. This allows us to
> keep that page up for as long as we want, while the front page might
> need to change.

This was my original intention, so I will create the new page and add  
a side bar link today.


> Instead of "Cannot not resemble the past or present Adobe Flex logo"
> I'd say "Should not be confused with..."

Ok, will change that.


>> We still need to figure out;
>>
>>  - How long 1 or 2 weeks (this was discussed but I feel like since it was
>>    on the weekend it could quickly be rehashed again)
>
> I'd say one week, we have a few submissions already, no need to wait  
> more IMO.
>
>>  - Should we start the contest 01-10-2012
>
> Yes IMO
>
>>  - How are we going to vote for the winner
>
> We can discuss that separately, for now I suggest adding "the Flex
> PPMC will select the winning logo within 1-2 weeks after the contest
> closes" to the contest page.
>
> There was also a discussion of submitting via Twitter, IMO we could
> accept submissions in tweets with the #flexlogo hashtag and a URL to
> the logo and zip file.
>
> -Bertrand
>

Thanks,
Mike


Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Logo Contest draft published :: Spread the word!

Michael Schmalle
FYI

If there are any other committers that want to get their CMS or svn  
chops dirty, feel free to make those changes.

If it's not changed by the time I get back to my other computer, I  
will update the site.

Mike


> Quoting Bertrand Delacretaz <[hidden email]>:
>
>> On Mon, Jan 9, 2012 at 1:08 PM, Michael Schmalle  
>> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>> I just published the draft logo contest on the site [1]...
>>
>> As I said in the other thread I'd suggest putting that in its own
>> page, with just an announcement on the front page. This allows us to
>> keep that page up for as long as we want, while the front page might
>> need to change.
>
> This was my original intention, so I will create the new page and  
> add a side bar link today.
>
>
>> Instead of "Cannot not resemble the past or present Adobe Flex logo"
>> I'd say "Should not be confused with..."
>
> Ok, will change that.
>
>
>>> We still need to figure out;
>>>
>>>  - How long 1 or 2 weeks (this was discussed but I feel like since it was
>>>    on the weekend it could quickly be rehashed again)
>>
>> I'd say one week, we have a few submissions already, no need to  
>> wait more IMO.
>>
>>>  - Should we start the contest 01-10-2012
>>
>> Yes IMO
>>
>>>  - How are we going to vote for the winner
>>
>> We can discuss that separately, for now I suggest adding "the Flex
>> PPMC will select the winning logo within 1-2 weeks after the contest
>> closes" to the contest page.
>>
>> There was also a discussion of submitting via Twitter, IMO we could
>> accept submissions in tweets with the #flexlogo hashtag and a URL to
>> the logo and zip file.
>>
>> -Bertrand
>>
>
> Thanks,
> Mike
>
>