Quantcast

Made In Flex Community comes back renewed!

Made In Flex Community comes back renewed!

Carlos Rovira-3
Hi all!,

I'd want to announce the "rebirth" of Made In Flex hispanic community
focused on Apache Flex:

http://www.madeinflex.com

Made In Flex is a community created in 2006 (Flex 2 times) and has near
1000 users on the mailing list and over 200 on the old website. During the
past year the community has been dormant.

In recent weeks, some folks have been busy renovating the website,
providing it with options of community and social network. So that we can
share code, swf, and anything else needed. I encourage you to register in
the web.

We also reactivated the Twitter account ( http://twitter.com/madeinflex )
and created the Google+ page ( http://plus.google.com/+MadeinflexCom).

I wanted to expose it here to inform all Flex developers who wants a place
to find spanish resources and people on the Apache Flex ecosystem and may
also contribute.

Also I want to invite anyone here in this list who wants to support this
effort to register on the web and share.

One of the tasks I want to develop in this community is provide spanish
info about FlexJS to promote the technology in this language, as I think it
has great potential.

My first contribution in this line is an spanish intro to FlexJS based on
different info in our wiki and other resources : http://bit.ly/N0kE0p

Hope you find it interesting and hope you share your opinion about this
effort.

regards,

http://about.me/carlosrovira

RE: Made In Flex Community comes back renewed!

Maurice Amsellem
Excellent news.  Thanks for sharing.

http://about.me/carlosrovira

Re: Made In Flex Community comes back renewed!

Erik de Bruin
Great work, Carlos!

But... brace yourself for an endless discussion about the use of
trademarks, copyrights and other semi-legalese bureaucratic details ;-)

EdB

--
Ix Multimedia Software

Jan Luykenstraat 27
3521 VB Utrecht

T. 06-51952295
I. www.ixsoftware.nl

Re: Made In Flex Community comes back renewed!

Carlos Rovira
Hi Erik,

thanks for the kindly words! :)

About the discussion you comment I take it into account ;), and for that
purpose I didn't use "Apache Flex" on the url, or the name "Made In Flex"
should be sufficient neutral to make it a problem. Our logo is based on
Apache Flex one, but again is really different so again don't see any
problem. Just some temporal images from apache web site that will be
removed as we get more original art.

However if someone see a problem, let me know and we'll find a solution.

If there's nothing, maybe is time to generate a great and vibrant
community!! :)

Best,

Carlos

> Great work, Carlos!
>
> But... brace yourself for an endless discussion about the use of
> trademarks, copyrights and other semi-legalese bureaucratic details ;-)
>
> EdB
>

> On Mon, Feb 17, 2014 at 5:07 PM, Maurice Amsellem <
> [hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > Excellent news.  Thanks for sharing.

Director de Tecnología
M: +34 607 22 60 05
F:  +34 912 94 80 80
http://www.codeoscopic.com
http://www.directwriter.es
http://www.avant2.es

Re: Made In Flex Community comes back renewed!

OmPrakash Muppirala
On Mon, Feb 17, 2014 at 7:56 AM, Carlos Rovira <[hidden email]>wrote:

> Hi all!,
>
> I'd want to announce the "rebirth" of Made In Flex hispanic community
> focused on Apache Flex:
>
> http://www.madeinflex.com
>
> Made In Flex is a community created in 2006 (Flex 2 times) and has near
> 1000 users on the mailing list and over 200 on the old website. During the
> past year the community has been dormant.
>
> In recent weeks, some folks have been busy renovating the website,
> providing it with options of community and social network. So that we can
> share code, swf, and anything else needed. I encourage you to register in
> the web.
>
> We also reactivated the Twitter account ( http://twitter.com/madeinflex )
> and created the Google+ page ( http://plus.google.com/+MadeinflexCom).
>
> I wanted to expose it here to inform all Flex developers who wants a place
> to find spanish resources and people on the Apache Flex ecosystem and may
> also contribute.
>
> Also I want to invite anyone here in this list who wants to support this
> effort to register on the web and share.
>
> One of the tasks I want to develop in this community is provide spanish
> info about FlexJS to promote the technology in this language, as I think it
> has great potential.
>
> My first contribution in this line is an spanish intro to FlexJS based on
> different info in our wiki and other resources : http://bit.ly/N0kE0p

http://www.madeinflex.com/introduccion-a-apache-flexjs/ looks like a very
good intro to FlexJS.  Any chance you could publish this in English as well?

Great job!

Thanks,
Om

> Hope you find it interesting and hope you share your opinion about this
> effort.
>
> regards,
>
> --
> Carlos Rovira
> http://about.me/carlosrovira

Re: Made In Flex Community comes back renewed!

Carlos Rovira
Hi Om,

Thanks for your appreciation! :).

Regarding your question, yes! I could make a translation :), although I was
thinking about the following idea (going a step further):

What do you think about provide support in Made In Flex for other languages
and make this *unofficial* community more global?

In this way we could have not only English, but whatever language we want
and have this and other articles in different languages, host Tips,
resources, and so on... This would require people volunteering to make this
real, but I think this could make the community better.

I'm thinking as I write, so let me know if this could have sense.

Best,

Carlos

> On Mon, Feb 17, 2014 at 7:56 AM, Carlos Rovira <[hidden email]
> >wrote:
>
> > Hi all!,
> >
> > I'd want to announce the "rebirth" of Made In Flex hispanic community
> > focused on Apache Flex:
> >
> > http://www.madeinflex.com
> >
> > Made In Flex is a community created in 2006 (Flex 2 times) and has near
> > 1000 users on the mailing list and over 200 on the old website. During
> the
> > past year the community has been dormant.
> >
> > In recent weeks, some folks have been busy renovating the website,
> > providing it with options of community and social network. So that we can
> > share code, swf, and anything else needed. I encourage you to register in
> > the web.
> >
> > We also reactivated the Twitter account ( http://twitter.com/madeinflex)
> > and created the Google+ page ( http://plus.google.com/+MadeinflexCom).
> >
> > I wanted to expose it here to inform all Flex developers who wants a
> place
> > to find spanish resources and people on the Apache Flex ecosystem and may
> > also contribute.
> >
> > Also I want to invite anyone here in this list who wants to support this
> > effort to register on the web and share.
> >
> > One of the tasks I want to develop in this community is provide spanish
> > info about FlexJS to promote the technology in this language, as I think
> it
> > has great potential.
> >
> > My first contribution in this line is an spanish intro to FlexJS based on
> > different info in our wiki and other resources : http://bit.ly/N0kE0p
> >

> http://www.madeinflex.com/introduccion-a-apache-flexjs/ looks like a very
> good intro to FlexJS.  Any chance you could publish this in English as
> well?
>
> Great job!
>
> Thanks,
> Om
>

> > Hope you find it interesting and hope you share your opinion about this
> > effort.
> >
> > regards,
> >
> > --
> > Carlos Rovira
> > http://about.me/carlosrovira

Director de Tecnología
M: +34 607 22 60 05
F:  +34 912 94 80 80
http://www.codeoscopic.com
http://www.directwriter.es
http://www.avant2.es

Re: Made In Flex Community comes back renewed!

Justin Mclean
Administrator

Nice site and I can see it being very useful for Spanish speakers.

And now for those bureaucratic legal issues. I do hope this is not going to be one of those endless discussions but but as PMC members we do need to take this stuff seriously.

IMO the site doesn't compile with [1] or [2] but it wouldn't be hard to make it do so.

From my reading you just need to:
- State that the site is not endorsed or affiliated with the ASF or Apache Flex
- Provide credit and links back to Apache Flex project and links to the mailing lists
- Add an Apache Flex trademark attribution

It may be that there's are already there but I can't read Spanish and couldn't find them.

The logo could be a bigger issue (read what acceptable use under [2] - basically modifying an existing Apache logo is not allowed) but i think it's significantly different for there to not be any confusion so it's not an issue.

Thanks,
Justin

1.http://www.apache.org/foundation/marks/
2. http://www.apache.org/foundation/marks/domains.html

Re: Made In Flex Community comes back renewed!

Carlos Rovira
Hi Justin,

thanks for take the time to see this issues, I'm with you that notifying
that points would be sufficient. I Take the time to post it in the "Legal
Terms" Page of MIF site here. Note that is spanish (use a translator to
check it, but is more or less the points you state in your email):

http://www.madeinflex.com/terminos-legales/

The page is under construction, but the added Apache Flex text will remain
along with the rest of legal terms...

If you guys think we need to state something more, let me know.

About logos, I think we all agree that Apache Flex logo and MIF logo are
very different (that was the intention in the design...avoid trademarks
issues).

In my opinion the only conflicting point would be some images taken from
the web that should be removed in the next days as we get some time to
create some art.

Should we consider something more with the changes made?

Thanks

Carlos

http://www.directwriter.es
http://www.avant2.es

Re: Made In Flex Community comes back renewed!

Justin Mclean
Administrator
Hi,

> http://www.madeinflex.com/terminos-legales/
>
> The page is under construction, but the added Apache Flex text will remain
> along with the rest of legal terms...

That certainly looks like a good start, but don't forget links back to flex.apache.org.

Thanks,
Justin

Re: Made In Flex Community comes back renewed!

Rushme Nayak
Hi,

Nice work Carlos.
I am sure lot of spanish developers will be happy and contribute also.
Unfortunately for non spanish people like me, its difficult to follow, even
the g+ page.
btw I tried to use google translate to read.

Warm Regards,
*Rush-me*

Re: Made In Flex Community comes back renewed!

Avi Kessner
If you have the man power,  multiple language sections would be great,  but
don't spread yourself thin.
On Feb 17, 2014 5:57 PM, "Carlos Rovira" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi all!,
>
> I'd want to announce the "rebirth" of Made In Flex hispanic community
> focused on Apache Flex:
>
> http://www.madeinflex.com
>
> Made In Flex is a community created in 2006 (Flex 2 times) and has near
> 1000 users on the mailing list and over 200 on the old website. During the
> past year the community has been dormant.
>
> In recent weeks, some folks have been busy renovating the website,
> providing it with options of community and social network. So that we can
> share code, swf, and anything else needed. I encourage you to register in
> the web.
>
> We also reactivated the Twitter account ( http://twitter.com/madeinflex )
> and created the Google+ page ( http://plus.google.com/+MadeinflexCom).
>
> I wanted to expose it here to inform all Flex developers who wants a place
> to find spanish resources and people on the Apache Flex ecosystem and may
> also contribute.
>
> Also I want to invite anyone here in this list who wants to support this
> effort to register on the web and share.
>
> One of the tasks I want to develop in this community is provide spanish
> info about FlexJS to promote the technology in this language, as I think it
> has great potential.
>
> My first contribution in this line is an spanish intro to FlexJS based on
> different info in our wiki and other resources : http://bit.ly/N0kE0p
>
> Hope you find it interesting and hope you share your opinion about this
> effort.
>
> regards,
>
> --
> Carlos Rovira
> http://about.me/carlosrovira

Re: Made In Flex Community comes back renewed!

Justin Mclean
Administrator
Hi,

> If you have the man power,  multiple language sections would be great,  but
> don't spread yourself thin.

If you have the time there's always a few SDK bugs that are looking for someone to fix them. If not you personally then perhaps encourage your community to get more involved.

Perhaps a good idea would be to translate these pages into Spanish for your site?
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/FLEX/Helping+Out

Thanks,
Justin

Re: Made In Flex Community comes back renewed!

Thanks Justin, I just added the link in legal terms page

Thanks! :)

> > http://www.madeinflex.com/terminos-legales/
> >
> > The page is under construction, but the added Apache Flex text will
> remain
> > along with the rest of legal terms...
>
> That certainly looks like a good start, but don't forget links back to
> flex.apache.org.
>
> Thanks,
> Justin

Director de Tecnología
M: +34 607 22 60 05
F:  +34 912 94 80 80
http://www.codeoscopic.com
http://www.directwriter.es
http://www.avant2.es

Re: Made In Flex Community comes back renewed!

Hi Rushme,

for  this reason I was proposing to make in multi-language. MIF was
conceived as a Spanish community in 2006 for Flex 2. Maybe it could be
great to make it a global community. This would need more people on board
to manage the effort.

> Nice work Carlos.
> I am sure lot of spanish developers will be happy and contribute also.
> Unfortunately for non spanish people like me, its difficult to follow, even
> the g+ page.
> btw I tried to use google translate to read.
>

> On Tue, Feb 18, 2014 at 6:18 AM, Justin Mclean <[hidden email]
> >wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > > http://www.madeinflex.com/terminos-legales/
> > >
> > > The page is under construction, but the added Apache Flex text will
> > remain
> > > along with the rest of legal terms...
> >
> > That certainly looks like a good start, but don't forget links back to
> > flex.apache.org.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Justin
>

> --
> Warm Regards,
> *Rush-me*

Director de Tecnología
M: +34 607 22 60 05
F:  +34 912 94 80 80
http://www.codeoscopic.com
http://www.directwriter.es
http://www.avant2.es

Re: Made In Flex Community comes back renewed!

Hi Avi,

multi language could be added to the platform (it's a matter of implement
it on the site with the solutions available out there), but the key here is
to have more people on board to support new content or translations and
manage a part of the community.

> If you have the man power,  multiple language sections would be great,  but
> don't spread yourself thin.
> On Feb 17, 2014 5:57 PM, "Carlos Rovira" <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > Hi all!,
> >
> > I'd want to announce the "rebirth" of Made In Flex hispanic community
> > focused on Apache Flex:
> >
> > http://www.madeinflex.com
> >
> > Made In Flex is a community created in 2006 (Flex 2 times) and has near
> > 1000 users on the mailing list and over 200 on the old website. During
> the
> > past year the community has been dormant.
> >
> > In recent weeks, some folks have been busy renovating the website,
> > providing it with options of community and social network. So that we can
> > share code, swf, and anything else needed. I encourage you to register in
> > the web.
> >
> > We also reactivated the Twitter account ( http://twitter.com/madeinflex)
> > and created the Google+ page ( http://plus.google.com/+MadeinflexCom).
> >
> > I wanted to expose it here to inform all Flex developers who wants a
> place
> > to find spanish resources and people on the Apache Flex ecosystem and may
> > also contribute.
> >
> > Also I want to invite anyone here in this list who wants to support this
> > effort to register on the web and share.
> >
> > One of the tasks I want to develop in this community is provide spanish
> > info about FlexJS to promote the technology in this language, as I think
> it
> > has great potential.
> >
> > My first contribution in this line is an spanish intro to FlexJS based on
> > different info in our wiki and other resources : http://bit.ly/N0kE0p
> >
> > Hope you find it interesting and hope you share your opinion about this
> > effort.
> >
> > regards,
> >
> > --
> > Carlos Rovira
> > http://about.me/carlosrovira

Director de Tecnología
M: +34 607 22 60 05
F:  +34 912 94 80 80
http://www.codeoscopic.com
http://www.directwriter.es
http://www.avant2.es

Re: Made In Flex Community comes back renewed!

Hi Justin,

a community driven effort could make what you say and get more users of the
technology and eventually bring new people to get involved in sdk support
and other tasks.

The pages you give are a good opportunity to make a translation or make an
article, but I think that my next contributions to the site will be about
FlexJS, tips on actual SDK.... at the end I think it's important to get
more people to make Flex a technology of choice and all this things, as I
state before, should come with the community supporting the community.

> > If you have the man power,  multiple language sections would be great,
>  but
> > don't spread yourself thin.
>
> If you have the time there's always a few SDK bugs that are looking for
> someone to fix them. If not you personally then perhaps encourage your
> community to get more involved.
>
> Perhaps a good idea would be to translate these pages into Spanish for
> your site?
> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/FLEX/Helping+Out
>
> Thanks,
> Justin

Director de Tecnología
M: +34 607 22 60 05
F:  +34 912 94 80 80
http://www.codeoscopic.com
http://www.directwriter.es
http://www.avant2.es

Re: Made In Flex Community comes back renewed!

Carlos Rovira
I think I'll move the discussion to make a global community to other post
so people could express about this propossal.

> Hi Justin,
>
> a community driven effort could make what you say and get more users of
> the technology and eventually bring new people to get involved in sdk
> support and other tasks.
>
> The pages you give are a good opportunity to make a translation or make an
> article, but I think that my next contributions to the site will be about
> FlexJS, tips on actual SDK.... at the end I think it's important to get
> more people to make Flex a technology of choice and all this things, as I
> state before, should come with the community supporting the community.

>> > If you have the man power,  multiple language sections would be great,
>>  but
>> > don't spread yourself thin.
>>
>> If you have the time there's always a few SDK bugs that are looking for
>> someone to fix them. If not you personally then perhaps encourage your
>> community to get more involved.
>>
>> Perhaps a good idea would be to translate these pages into Spanish for
>> your site?
>> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/FLEX/Helping+Out
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Justin