Mavenization of Apache Flex

now that we involved in the set up of Apache Flex and Apache is the same
house of Maven I would ask to you guys if providing mavenized artifacts of
the flex sdk is in high priority or not.

>From my point of view, Flex main use case in enterprise application and is
where Flex could live and evolve from now on. In the enterprise enviroment
maven is a tool widely standarized and used and people would want flex
maven artifacts.

Now that Adobe is no more responsible of Flex, I hope that one of the new
features would be the mavenization of Flex at least since many of us are
requesting this from long time and Adobe never had this as a priority.

I'm sure that this mavenization would bring new users to the technology
since I'm confindent that many project managers avoid Flex due to the lack
of maven support.

Hope this could take into account in order to improve the technology now
that we are in this new Apache roadmap

Thanks!

Director de Tecnología
M: +34 607 22 60 05
F:  +34 912 35 57 77

CODEOSCOPIC S.A. <http://www.codeoscopic.com>
Avd. del General Perón, 32
Planta 10, Puertas P-Q
28020 Madrid

Re: Mavenization of Apache Flex

João Saleiro

On 06-01-2012 15:50, Carlos Rovira wrote:
> now that we involved in the set up of Apache Flex and Apache is the same
> house of Maven I would ask to you guys if providing mavenized artifacts of
> the flex sdk is in high priority or not.

+1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1

The modularization of the SDK and providing it as artifacts in the
"Maven way" should be pretty high priority.

João Saleiro
@joaosaleiro

Re: Mavenization of Apache Flex

Gary Huitson
bringing flex as-is into apache and making it available via standard maven repository would be great

On 6 Jan 2012, at 15:56, João Saleiro wrote:

> On 06-01-2012 15:50, Carlos Rovira wrote:
>> now that we involved in the set up of Apache Flex and Apache is the same
>> house of Maven I would ask to you guys if providing mavenized artifacts of
>> the flex sdk is in high priority or not.
>
> +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1
>
> The modularization of the SDK and providing it as artifacts in the "Maven way" should be pretty high priority.
>
> João Saleiro
> @joaosaleiro

Re: Mavenization of Apache Flex

João Felipe - Jotaefe
I may be wrong, but this issue was strong within Adobe, working with Flex
Mojos ->
https://github.com/flexmojos

The request was here
http://ideas.adobe.com/ct/ct_a_view_idea.bix?c=975F47A1-B925-4456-89DB-3BEFB1DA7780&idea_id=C4BB27BA-4AFD-48EE-BE2B-BFA78361FB74

I agree with the viewpoint of Carlos Rovira +1

;)
João Felipe "Jotaefe" Lima
http://www.jotaefe.com

Em 6 de janeiro de 2012 13:56, João Saleiro <[hidden email]>escreveu:

> On 06-01-2012 15:50, Carlos Rovira wrote:
>
>> now that we involved in the set up of Apache Flex and Apache is the same
>> house of Maven I would ask to you guys if providing mavenized artifacts of
>> the flex sdk is in high priority or not.
>>

> +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1
>
> The modularization of the SDK and providing it as artifacts in the "Maven
> way" should be pretty high priority.
>
> João Saleiro
> @joaosaleiro

RE: Mavenization of Apache Flex

David Arno
Of Carlos Rovira
> Sent: 06 January 2012 15:50

> now that we involved in the set up of Apache Flex and Apache is the same
house of Maven
> I would ask to you guys if providing mavenized artifacts of the flex sdk
is in high priority or not.

Building support of Maven into Flex would be a good thing. It's important to
remember that Ivy & Ant are Apache tools too though. Ensuring that a release
is pushed out to a Maven repository and that we supply Maven plugins for the
compiler and other tools would be good. Ignoring Ant and Ivy in the process
though would be bad.

David.

Re: Mavenization of Apache Flex

Delfi Ramirez
As my basis of work, come from the fields of EcmaScript, not Java. I agree Ivy, Ant should be at the same level as Maven.

Delfi Ramirez i Ruiz

[hidden email]

about: Technology Lover & good cook.
place: Somewhere over BCN, Europe.
personal website: http://delfiramirez.info
commercial brand: http://strudl.com
common weblog: http://delfiramirez.blogspot.com
skype username: segonquart
phone mobile: + 34 616 53 76 35

On Jan 6, 2012, at 5:10 PM, David Arno wrote:

> [...]

Greg Reddin
On Fri, Jan 6, 2012 at 9:50 AM, Carlos Rovira
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> now that we involved in the set up of Apache Flex and Apache is the same
> house of Maven I would ask to you guys if providing mavenized artifacts of
> the flex sdk is in high priority or not.

I would definitely like to see this happen. If the community is in
favor of it I'm happy to help with it.

Greg

Re: Mavenization of Apache Flex

Sandeep Gupta