Re: [DISCUSS] What should be the new Project Name for Proposed fork of FlexJS?

Re: [DISCUSS] What should be the new Project Name for Proposed fork of FlexJS?

Alex Harui-2
What a dilemma!

I've seen 10 votes and 2 abstentions.  I haven't voted yet.  I wanted to
see what the trend was first.

If you assign 3 points to first place, 2 to second, and 1 to third, Royale
has the lead at 12 points, but barely:  Bead, Boja and Limber have 10.
Boja has been mentioned more than any other name (6 times), but 3 of those
are third place votes.  Royale and Limber have been mentioned 5 times,
Beads 4 times.  Beads has the most first place votes (3).  Royale, Limber
have 2 first place votes each.

In short, I don't think there is a clear winner.  It will depend on how
you count the votes.  And we can't default back to FlexJS either given the
other vote.

I know some folks mentioned that Royale is associated with low-quality
foods, but does anybody think choosing Royale will be a major hindrance?
There is a possible conflict because some other Github project is already
using Royale [1] for a JS framework.  Does anybody see that as a show
stopper?  I think I will write to trademarks@ and try to get their opinion.

Carlos, will you help with a new website regardless of which name is
chosen or only if it is Royale (or Crown)?

Is anybody adamantly against Beads, Boja or Limber?  After reading this
mornings posts, I'm leaning away from limber.  The spell checker redirect
issue is worrisome.

Thoughts?
-Alex

[1] https://github.com/ian-culleton/royale

On 9/18/17, 10:48 AM, "[hidden email] on behalf of OmPrakash Muppirala"
<[hidden email] on behalf of [hidden email]> wrote:

>Abstain (binding)
>
>On Sep 18, 2017 10:47 AM, "Dave Fisher" <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> I am abstaining for now.
>>
>> > On Sep 17, 2017, at 3:19 PM, Piotr Zarzycki
>><[hidden email]>
>> wrote:
>> >
>> > Hi,
>> >
>> > In this thread I've gathered list of names proposition for fork of
>>FlexJS
>> > project.
>> >
>> > LIST:
>> >
>> > Royale
>> > Boja
>> > Strand
>> > Bead
>> > Limber
>> > Boinga
>> > Braid
>> > Arise
>> >
>> > HOW DO WE VOTE:
>> > 1) Pick up 3 names from the list and order them from the most favorite
>> > 2) We will give points for each items in the list which you have
>>choose
>> > 3) In your list you can propose your own name - others can follow it
>>in
>> > their lists
>> >
>> > EXAMPLE:
>> > 1) Name1 - 3 points
>> > 2) Name2 - 2 points
>> > 3) Name3 - 1 point
>> >
>> > WINNER:
>> > We will pickup winner based on gathered points by one of the name.
>> >
>> > The vote will be open until Tuesday September 19, 23:00 UTC
>> >
>> > Thanks,
>> >
>> > Piotr

Re: [DISCUSS] What should be the new Project Name for Proposed fork of FlexJS?

Erik de Bruin
I really don't like Royale, because it has no connection with went before
it, which Beads, Boja, Bend and Limber all do.

My new favorite is Limber, but I still like Bend very much. If I can break
a tie, I'll change my vote (I can do that, before the VOTE closes, right?)

EdB

--
Ix Multimedia Software

Jan Luykenstraat 27
3521 VB Utrecht

T. 06-51952295
I. www.ixsoftware.nl

Re: [DISCUSS] What should be the new Project Name for Proposed fork of FlexJS?

Erik de Bruin
Sorry, that should have gone to the DISCUSS thread :-(

EdB

--
Ix Multimedia Software

Jan Luykenstraat 27
3521 VB Utrecht

T. 06-51952295
I. www.ixsoftware.nl

Re: [DISCUSS] What should be the new Project Name for Proposed fork of FlexJS?

Erik de Bruin
I'm changing my vote to:

1) Limb(e)r
2) Bead(s)
3) Braid

Sorry for any confusion.

--
Ix Multimedia Software

Jan Luykenstraat 27
3521 VB Utrecht

T. 06-51952295
I. www.ixsoftware.nl

Re: [DISCUSS] What should be the new Project Name for Proposed fork of FlexJS?

Dave Fisher
Erik,

You should do this on the VOTE thread.

Regards,
Dave

Sent from my iPhone

> On Sep 19, 2017, at 1:40 PM, Erik de Bruin <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> I'm changing my vote to:
>
> 1) Limb(e)r
> 2) Bead(s)
> 3) Braid
>
> Sorry for any confusion.
>
> EdB
>

> On Tue, Sep 19, 2017 at 6:53 PM, Alex Harui <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
>> What a dilemma!
>>
>> I've seen 10 votes and 2 abstentions.  I haven't voted yet.  I wanted to
>> see what the trend was first.
>>
>> If you assign 3 points to first place, 2 to second, and 1 to third, Royale
>> has the lead at 12 points, but barely:  Bead, Boja and Limber have 10.
>> Boja has been mentioned more than any other name (6 times), but 3 of those
>> are third place votes.  Royale and Limber have been mentioned 5 times,
>> Beads 4 times.  Beads has the most first place votes (3).  Royale, Limber
>> have 2 first place votes each.
>>
>> In short, I don't think there is a clear winner.  It will depend on how
>> you count the votes.  And we can't default back to FlexJS either given the
>> other vote.
>>
>> I know some folks mentioned that Royale is associated with low-quality
>> foods, but does anybody think choosing Royale will be a major hindrance?
>> There is a possible conflict because some other Github project is already
>> using Royale [1] for a JS framework.  Does anybody see that as a show
>> stopper?  I think I will write to trademarks@ and try to get their
>> opinion.
>>
>> Carlos, will you help with a new website regardless of which name is
>> chosen or only if it is Royale (or Crown)?
>>
>> Is anybody adamantly against Beads, Boja or Limber?  After reading this
>> mornings posts, I'm leaning away from limber.  The spell checker redirect
>> issue is worrisome.
>>
>> Thoughts?
>> -Alex
>>

>> [1] https://github.com/ian-culleton/royale
>>
>> On 9/18/17, 10:48 AM, "[hidden email] on behalf of OmPrakash Muppirala"
>> <[hidden email] on behalf of [hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>>> Abstain (binding)

> --
> Ix Multimedia Software
>
> Jan Luykenstraat 27
> 3521 VB Utrecht
>
> T. 06-51952295
> I. www.ixsoftware.nl

Re: [DISCUSS] What should be the new Project Name for Proposed fork of FlexJS?

OmPrakash Muppirala
On Tue, Sep 19, 2017 at 11:02 AM, Dave Fisher <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Erik,
>
> You should do this on the VOTE thread.

This is the VOTE thread.  At least that is what my gmail thinks it is...

Thanks,
Om

> Regards,
> Dave
>
> Sent from my iPhone
>
> > On Sep 19, 2017, at 1:40 PM, Erik de Bruin <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > I'm changing my vote to:
> >
> > 1) Limb(e)r
> > 2) Bead(s)
> > 3) Braid
> >
> > Sorry for any confusion.
> >
> > EdB
> >

> > On Tue, Sep 19, 2017 at 6:53 PM, Alex Harui <[hidden email]>
> > wrote:
> >
> >> What a dilemma!
> >>
> >> I've seen 10 votes and 2 abstentions.  I haven't voted yet.  I wanted to
> >> see what the trend was first.
> >>
> >> If you assign 3 points to first place, 2 to second, and 1 to third,
> Royale
> >> has the lead at 12 points, but barely:  Bead, Boja and Limber have 10.
> >> Boja has been mentioned more than any other name (6 times), but 3 of
> those
> >> are third place votes.  Royale and Limber have been mentioned 5 times,
> >> Beads 4 times.  Beads has the most first place votes (3).  Royale,
> Limber
> >> have 2 first place votes each.
> >>
> >> In short, I don't think there is a clear winner.  It will depend on how
> >> you count the votes.  And we can't default back to FlexJS either given
> the
> >> other vote.
> >>
> >> I know some folks mentioned that Royale is associated with low-quality
> >> foods, but does anybody think choosing Royale will be a major hindrance?
> >> There is a possible conflict because some other Github project is
> already
> >> using Royale [1] for a JS framework.  Does anybody see that as a show
> >> stopper?  I think I will write to trademarks@ and try to get their
> >> opinion.
> >>
> >> Carlos, will you help with a new website regardless of which name is
> >> chosen or only if it is Royale (or Crown)?
> >>
> >> Is anybody adamantly against Beads, Boja or Limber?  After reading this
> >> mornings posts, I'm leaning away from limber.  The spell checker
> redirect
> >> issue is worrisome.
> >>
> >> Thoughts?
> >> -Alex
> >>

> >> [1] https://github.com/ian-culleton/royale
> >>
> >> On 9/18/17, 10:48 AM, "[hidden email] on behalf of OmPrakash
> Muppirala"

> favorite

> > --
> > Ix Multimedia Software
> >
> > Jan Luykenstraat 27
> > 3521 VB Utrecht
> >
> > T. 06-51952295
> > I. www.ixsoftware.nl

Re: [DISCUSS] What should be the new Project Name for Proposed fork of FlexJS?

Erik de Bruin

> > You should do this on the VOTE thread.
>
> This is the VOTE thread.  At least that is what my gmail thinks it is...

My Gmail agrees ;-)

EdB

--
Ix Multimedia Software

Jan Luykenstraat 27
3521 VB Utrecht

T. 06-51952295
I. www.ixsoftware.nl

Re: [DISCUSS] What should be the new Project Name for Proposed fork of FlexJS?

Om,

In pony [1] and nabble [2] it displays differently.

[1] https://lists.apache.org/list.html?dev@...
[2]
http://apache-flex-development.2333347.n4.nabble.com/Re-DISCUSS-What-should-be-the-new-Project-Name-for-Proposed-fork-of-FlexJS-td64433.html

--

Piotr Zarzycki

mobile: +48 880 859 557
skype: zarzycki10

LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/piotrzarzycki
<https://pl.linkedin.com/in/piotr-zarzycki-92a53552>

Re: [DISCUSS] What should be the new Project Name for Proposed fork of FlexJS?

I don’t truly believe the actual name makes a huge difference. None of the options are really zingers like “React” or “Vue”.

Ultimately people just use the name as a way to refer to the Framework (or set of frameworks).

To me Royale does not sound like software. (I don’t know why.) “Crown” feels somewhat better to me.

All the others “feel” more like software names. The name could truly be anything. Even “Foojab” could work (which bye the way seems to have ZERO duplicates and domains are available).

I am happy to go with the flow…

Harbs

> On Sep 19, 2017, at 7:53 PM, Alex Harui <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> What a dilemma!
>
> I've seen 10 votes and 2 abstentions.  I haven't voted yet.  I wanted to
> see what the trend was first.
>
> If you assign 3 points to first place, 2 to second, and 1 to third, Royale
> has the lead at 12 points, but barely:  Bead, Boja and Limber have 10.
> Boja has been mentioned more than any other name (6 times), but 3 of those
> are third place votes.  Royale and Limber have been mentioned 5 times,
> Beads 4 times.  Beads has the most first place votes (3).  Royale, Limber
> have 2 first place votes each.
>
> In short, I don't think there is a clear winner.  It will depend on how
> you count the votes.  And we can't default back to FlexJS either given the
> other vote.
>
> I know some folks mentioned that Royale is associated with low-quality
> foods, but does anybody think choosing Royale will be a major hindrance?
> There is a possible conflict because some other Github project is already
> using Royale [1] for a JS framework.  Does anybody see that as a show
> stopper?  I think I will write to trademarks@ and try to get their opinion.
>
> Carlos, will you help with a new website regardless of which name is
> chosen or only if it is Royale (or Crown)?
>
> Is anybody adamantly against Beads, Boja or Limber?  After reading this
> mornings posts, I'm leaning away from limber.  The spell checker redirect
> issue is worrisome.
>
> Thoughts?
> -Alex
>

> [1] https://github.com/ian-culleton/royale
>
> On 9/18/17, 10:48 AM, "[hidden email] on behalf of OmPrakash Muppirala"
> <[hidden email] on behalf of [hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Abstain (binding)
>>
>> On Sep 18, 2017 10:47 AM, "Dave Fisher" <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>>> I am abstaining for now.

>>> <[hidden email]>

>>> FlexJS

>>> choose
>>> in

Re: [DISCUSS] What should be the new Project Name for Proposed fork of FlexJS?

Dave Fisher
I’m in Apple Mail on both iOS and MacOS

Regards,
Dave

> On Sep 19, 2017, at 2:13 PM, OmPrakash Muppirala <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> On Tue, Sep 19, 2017 at 11:02 AM, Dave Fisher <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Erik,
>>
>> You should do this on the VOTE thread.
>>

> This is the VOTE thread.  At least that is what my gmail thinks it is...
>
> Thanks,
> Om
>

>> Regards,
>> Dave
>>
>> Sent from my iPhone
>>
>>> On Sep 19, 2017, at 1:40 PM, Erik de Bruin <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> I'm changing my vote to:
>>>
>>> 1) Limb(e)r
>>> 2) Bead(s)