Royale website and domain registration

Carlos Rovira-3
Hi Erik,

I just have the WP installation running as a subdomain here:

http://royale.codeoscopic.com

I will working privately inside until I have something to show in the
mailing list.

So now I think is time to get a cool domain :)

You commented that you can register it for the project (don't know if you
need to talk first with trademarks or someone else). So, could you help in
that task? It would be of great help.

As Alex said, we could target for "royale.io" if is possible. As the domain
is taken by someone, I don't know how to locate the owner and talk if is in
position to sell it.

Another option Alex said is "royale.as". I like the ".as" termination for
the action script implications, but it seems to be related to Samoa
Americana or even to Asturias (here in Spain), so it could be strange...or
not...really I don't know if would be appropiate. Maybe others could throw
some light on this...

I think we should delay other options like "apacheroyale.<xxx>" or
"royaleframework.<xxx>", if we can't get that kind of domains with "royale"
alone and ".io" or ".as" or other options folks could propose as suffixes.

Thanks

http://about.me/carlosrovira

Re: Royale website and domain registration

Erik de Bruin
I'll give it a look my tomorrow morning.

EdB

--
Ix Multimedia Software

Jan Luykenstraat 27
3521 VB Utrecht

T. 06-51952295
I. www.ixsoftware.nl

Re: Royale website and domain registration

Erik de Bruin
OK, couldn't resist: royale.io is up for offer, but the bidding seems to
start at $199 (www.namecheap.com; how ironic a name can be ;-))

I personally don't like royale.as, as to me that conjures images of rather
majestic, well endowed hindquarters.

I really think the only available TLDs will be the ones with exotic
extensions (.group, .zone, etc.) or where we 'pad' the name: royalesdk.org,
royaleframework.net, etc.)

EdB

--
Ix Multimedia Software

Jan Luykenstraat 27
3521 VB Utrecht

T. 06-51952295
I. www.ixsoftware.nl

Re: Royale website and domain registration

piotrz
Erik,

If it is connected (royale.as) to something majestic it is even better. :)

Piotr

On Fri, Sep 22, 2017, 01:36 Erik de Bruin <[hidden email]> wrote:

> [...]
> >> "royaleframework.<xxx>", if we can't get that kind of domains with
> >> "royale"
> >> alone and ".io" or ".as" or other options folks could propose as
> suffixes.
> >>
> >> Thanks
> >>
> >> --
> >> Carlos Rovira
> >> http://about.me/carlosrovira
> >>

> > --
> > Ix Multimedia Software
> >
> > Jan Luykenstraat 27
> > 3521 VB Utrecht
> >
> > T. 06-51952295 <06%2051952295>
> > I. www.ixsoftware.nl
> >

> --
> Ix Multimedia Software
>
> Jan Luykenstraat 27
> 3521 VB Utrecht
>
> T. 06-51952295
> I. www.ixsoftware.nl

Re: Royale website and domain registration

This is my order of preference:

- royale.io is the best option, but as you said is expensive, so we must
give up with that :(

- royale.as: we should check if it comes with some negative meaning. I
don't see nothing, but maybe you guys that are more native in English
language could see some problems. Aside from that could be problematic to
have a domain that is supposed to be designated to a country? (Samoa
Americana)

Other top level options available (before going with more complex names)
that could fit our purposes:

* royale.app    <-- ok we are not an App, but with Royale people will build
Apps ;)
* royale.web   <-- pretty generic, isn't it?
* royale.dev    <-- dev, I assume this stands for "development", something
more related to us

maybe still valid, but not as good as the other ones?:
* royale.inc
* royale.wow
* royale.now
* royale.art

What do you think?

--

<http://www.codeoscopic.com>

Carlos Rovira

Director General

M: +34 607 22 60 05 <607%2022%2060%2005>

http://www.codeoscopic.com

http://www.avant2.es

Conocenos en 1 minuto! <https://youtu.be/P2IEAYDG5HU>

proceda a su destrucción.

necesaria.

Re: Royale website and domain registration

piotrz
Carlos,

I can give couple of dollars for royale.io :) Later for extension for
another year it could cost same ?

+1 for royale.as - In Polish there is no connection to anything bad :) I
like it.

--

Piotr Zarzycki

mobile: +48 880 859 557
skype: zarzycki10

LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/piotrzarzycki
<https://pl.linkedin.com/in/piotr-zarzycki-92a53552>

GitHub: https://github.com/piotrzarzycki21

Re: Royale website and domain registration

Erik de Bruin
'royale.as' is available here:

https://www.nic.as/

But it is $100 for 2 years, payable up front. That will require some
crowdfunding as well. And if we go that route, we might as well go for the
.io which is way cooler ;-)

EdB

T. 06-51952295
I. www.ixsoftware.nl

Re: Royale website and domain registration

piotrz
If more people would like to give some we may have that royale.io. :)

--

Piotr Zarzycki

mobile: +48 880 859 557
skype: zarzycki10

LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/piotrzarzycki
<https://pl.linkedin.com/in/piotr-zarzycki-92a53552>

GitHub: https://github.com/piotrzarzycki21

Re: Royale website and domain registration

Erik de Bruin
We can also be '4chan cool' and get roy4le.com for only $12, which I'll
gladly donate :-)

EdB

T. 06-51952295
I. www.ixsoftware.nl

Re: Royale website and domain registration

Erik de Bruin
or, slightly better, royale.rocks, again for $12

EdB

--
Ix Multimedia Software

Jan Luykenstraat 27
3521 VB Utrecht

T. 06-51952295
I. www.ixsoftware.nl

Re: Royale website and domain registration

piotrz
Let's wait what do others think about donating something.

I'm not good in case of domain registration, but royale.io is registered by
someone else and we still can register it for us ? I checked in my domain
operator and I see price about 30$.

--

Piotr Zarzycki

mobile: +48 880 859 557 <+48%20880%20859%20557>
skype: zarzycki10

LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/piotrzarzycki
<https://pl.linkedin.com/in/piotr-zarzycki-92a53552>

GitHub: https://github.com/piotrzarzycki21

Re: Royale website and domain registration

Dany Dhondt
Why not royale.web? Sounds cool to me…
if royale.io or something else is chosen, I’d gladly donate some money. It’s the least we can do for all the work you folks did last year!

Dany

> Op 22 sep. 2017, om 11:23 heeft Piotr Zarzycki <[hidden email]> het volgende geschreven:
>
> Let's wait what do others think about donating something.
>
> I'm not good in case of domain registration, but royale.io is registered by
> someone else and we still can register it for us ? I checked in my domain
> operator and I see price about 30$.

>> or, slightly better, royale.rocks, again for $12
>>
>> EdB
>>

>> On Fri, Sep 22, 2017 at 10:56 AM, Erik de Bruin <[hidden email]>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> We can also be '4chan cool' and get roy4le.com for only $12, which I'll
>>> gladly donate :-)
>>>
>>> EdB

>> for

>> we

>> (Samoa

>> [hidden email]

>> bidding
>> ;-))

>> here:

>> (don't

>> and

>> be

>> domains

>> mensaje
>> misma

>>> --
>>> Ix Multimedia Software
>>>
>>> Jan Luykenstraat 27
>>> 3521 VB Utrecht
>>>
>>> T. 06-51952295 <06%2051952295>
>>> I. www.ixsoftware.nl
>>>

>> --
>> Ix Multimedia Software
>>
>> Jan Luykenstraat 27
>> 3521 VB Utrecht
>>
>> T. 06-51952295
>> I. www.ixsoftware.nl
>>

> --
>
> Piotr Zarzycki
>
> mobile: +48 880 859 557 <+48%20880%20859%20557>
> skype: zarzycki10
>
> LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/piotrzarzycki
> <https://pl.linkedin.com/in/piotr-zarzycki-92a53552>
>
> GitHub: https://github.com/piotrzarzycki21

RE: [Non-DoD Source] Re: Royale website and domain registration

Kessler CTR Mark J
Royale.IT?

-Mark K

Re: [Non-DoD Source] Re: Royale website and domain registration

Carlos Rovira
Hi Mark,

it seems Royale.it is not available

--

<http://www.codeoscopic.com>

Carlos Rovira

Director General

M: +34 607 22 60 05

necesaria.

Re: Royale website and domain registration

Hi Erik,

for me insert the "4" is not recommended since complicates too much the
domain. And "royale.rocks" is better, but I think other options are more
sync with our mission (.web, .app, ....)

--

<http://www.codeoscopic.com>

Carlos Rovira

Director General

M: +34 607 22 60 05

http://www.codeoscopic.com

http://www.avant2.es

Conocenos en 1 minuto! <https://youtu.be/P2IEAYDG5HU>

proceda a su destrucción.

necesaria.

Re: Royale website and domain registration

Thanks Dany,

if you guys see ok ni make a pool to get the .io domain that's fine with
me, I'll be donating as well few bucks
Maybe we should know first what's the final price and see open a thread for
it asking the community for some little donation. Of course I suppose that
the rest of years will be down to a normal price of 5 to 10€ or something
like that.

The other (more easy option) is to go with .app or .web if people like it
as you.

> Why not royale.web? Sounds cool to me…
> if royale.io or something else is chosen, I’d gladly donate some money.
> It’s the least we can do for all the work you folks did last year!
>
> Dany
>

> > Op 22 sep. 2017, om 11:23 heeft Piotr Zarzycki <
> [hidden email]> het volgende geschreven:
> >
> > Let's wait what do others think about donating something.
> >
> > I'm not good in case of domain registration, but royale.io is
> registered by
> > someone else and we still can register it for us ? I checked in my domain
> > operator and I see price about 30$.
> >
> > Piotr

> >> or, slightly better, royale.rocks, again for $12
> >>
> >> EdB

> I'll

> for

> >> for

> >> we

> >> (Samoa

> >> [hidden email]

> >> bidding
> >> ;-))

> >> here:

> >> (don't

> >> and

> >> be

> >> domains

> >> mensaje
> >> misma

> >> --
> >> Ix Multimedia Software
> >>
> >> Jan Luykenstraat 27
> >> 3521 VB Utrecht
> >>
> >> T. 06-51952295
> >> I. www.ixsoftware.nl
> >>

> > --
> >
> > Piotr Zarzycki
> >
> > mobile: +48 880 859 557 <+48%20880%20859%20557>
> > skype: zarzycki10
> >
> > LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/piotrzarzycki
> > <https://pl.linkedin.com/in/piotr-zarzycki-92a53552>
> >
> > GitHub: https://github.com/piotrzarzycki21

--

<http://www.codeoscopic.com>

Carlos Rovira

Director General

M: +34 607 22 60 05

http://www.codeoscopic.com

http://www.avant2.es

Conocenos en 1 minuto! <https://youtu.be/P2IEAYDG5HU>

proceda a su destrucción.

necesaria.

Re: Royale website and domain registration

Alex Harui-2
AIUI, royale.io is owned by a squatter and the price STARTS at $199.  I
haven't tried to buy a domain from a squatter, but I wouldn't be surprised
if the price suddenly goes up.  And then beyond that, I think you may have
to still pay some other place to register the domain.

Yes, royale.as can be associated with "royal pain in the ass" but the "as"
was good enough for spoon.as back in the day.

Royale.web would be fine with me.  And we could grab other TLDs too, we
don't have to choose one.

My question is, is it worth it?  Is royale.io going to pay off in some way
$100 better than royale.as which would pay off $88 better than say,
royaleapps.org or royalesdk.org?

On 9/22/17, 3:26 AM, "[hidden email] on behalf of Carlos Rovira"
<[hidden email] on behalf of [hidden email]> wrote:

> [...]
>ruDSgdkJW8IEgzA7weO24yGON3Gn19I%3D&reserved=0>
>

>Este mensaje se dirige exclusivamente a su destinatario y puede contener
>información privilegiada o confidencial. Si ha recibido este mensaje por
>error, le rogamos que nos lo comunique inmediatamente por esta misma vía y
>proceda a su destrucción.
>
>De la vigente Ley Orgánica de Protección de Datos (15/1999), le
>comunicamos
>que sus datos forman parte de un fichero cuyo responsable es CODEOSCOPIC
>S.A. La finalidad de dicho tratamiento es facilitar la prestación del
>servicio o información solicitados, teniendo usted derecho de acceso,
>rectificación, cancelación y oposición de sus datos dirigiéndose a
>nuestras
>oficinas c/ Paseo de la Habana 9-11, 28036, Madrid con la documentación
>necesaria.

Re: Royale website and domain registration

OmPrakash Muppirala
I vote for royale.io.  I can put in at least $100 towards the purchase of
the domain.

Others are free to chip in as much as they would like.

Thanks,
Om

On Sep 22, 2017 8:35 AM, "Alex Harui" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> [...]
> >ruDSgdkJW8IEgzA7weO24yGON3Gn19I%3D&reserved=0>
> >

> >Este mensaje se dirige exclusivamente a su destinatario y puede contener
> >información privilegiada o confidencial. Si ha recibido este mensaje por
> >error, le rogamos que nos lo comunique inmediatamente por esta misma vía y
> >proceda a su destrucción.
> >
> >De la vigente Ley Orgánica de Protección de Datos (15/1999), le
> >comunicamos
> >que sus datos forman parte de un fichero cuyo responsable es CODEOSCOPIC
> >S.A. La finalidad de dicho tratamiento es facilitar la prestación del
> >servicio o información solicitados, teniendo usted derecho de acceso,
> >rectificación, cancelación y oposición de sus datos dirigiéndose a
> >nuestras
> >oficinas c/ Paseo de la Habana 9-11, 28036, Madrid con la documentación
> >necesaria.

RE: Royale website and domain registration

RoyalSDK sounds good.  [1] can even get a .Com

[1] https://domains.google.com/registrar?s=royalsdk&hl=en

> [...]

>ruDSgdkJW8IEgzA7weO24yGON3Gn19I%3D&reserved=0>
>

>Este mensaje se dirige exclusivamente a su destinatario y puede contener
>información privilegiada o confidencial. Si ha recibido este mensaje por
>error, le rogamos que nos lo comunique inmediatamente por esta misma vía y
>proceda a su destrucción.
>
>De la vigente Ley Orgánica de Protección de Datos (15/1999), le
>comunicamos
>que sus datos forman parte de un fichero cuyo responsable es CODEOSCOPIC
>S.A. La finalidad de dicho tratamiento es facilitar la prestación del
>servicio o información solicitados, teniendo usted derecho de acceso,
>rectificación, cancelación y oposición de sus datos dirigiéndose a
>nuestras
>oficinas c/ Paseo de la Habana 9-11, 28036, Madrid con la documentación
>necesaria.

Re: Royale website and domain registration

Andrew Wetmore
Check for RoyaleSDK, with the "e"

--
Andrew Wetmore