Setting up the Apache CMS (was: the Flex website)

Setting up the Apache CMS (was: the Flex website)

Bertrand Delacretaz
Hi Dave,

On Wed, Jan 4, 2012 at 6:35 PM, Dave Fisher <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I have significant experience using the Apache CMS with the Apache OpenOffice podling.
>
> See https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/ooo/site/trunk and https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/ooo/ooo-site/trunk
>
> The second is the live www.openoffice.org a huge site of rewrapped html.
>
> As a Flex Mentor I will certainly help the project get up to speed with the CMS.

Could you prepare a skeleton website under
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/flex/site/trunk ?

If doing it myself I would use the Stanbol skeleton [1] listed at
http://wiki.apache.org/general/ApacheCms2010 , but as you seem to have
worked on much more complex CMS-based sites than I have, you might
have a better basis to start with.

Once that's ready we can create a JIRA issue like
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA-4277 to ask for the CMS
setup.

-Bertrand

[1] http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/stanbol/site/tags/initial-site-content/

Re: Setting up the Apache CMS (was: the Flex website)

Dave Fisher

On Jan 4, 2012, at 12:42 PM, Bertrand Delacretaz wrote:

> Hi Dave,
>
> On Wed, Jan 4, 2012 at 6:35 PM, Dave Fisher <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> I have significant experience using the Apache CMS with the Apache OpenOffice podling.
>>
>> See https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/ooo/site/trunk and https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/ooo/ooo-site/trunk
>>
>> The second is the live www.openoffice.org a huge site of rewrapped html.
>>
>> As a Flex Mentor I will certainly help the project get up to speed with the CMS.
>
> Could you prepare a skeleton website under
> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/flex/site/trunk ?
>
> If doing it myself I would use the Stanbol skeleton [1] listed at
> http://wiki.apache.org/general/ApacheCms2010 , but as you seem to have
> worked on much more complex CMS-based sites than I have, you might
> have a better basis to start with.
>
> Once that's ready we can create a JIRA issue like
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA-4277 to ask for the CMS
> setup.

I will do so this evening. Look for the JIRA issue tomorrow.

Regards,
Dave

On Jan 4, 2012, at 1:52 PM, Dave Fisher wrote:

> On Jan 4, 2012, at 12:42 PM, Bertrand Delacretaz wrote:
>
>> Hi Dave,
>>
>> On Wed, Jan 4, 2012 at 6:35 PM, Dave Fisher <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>> I have significant experience using the Apache CMS with the Apache OpenOffice podling.
>>>
>>> See https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/ooo/site/trunk and https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/ooo/ooo-site/trunk
>>>
>>> The second is the live www.openoffice.org a huge site of rewrapped html.
>>>
>>> As a Flex Mentor I will certainly help the project get up to speed with the CMS.
>>
>> Could you prepare a skeleton website under
>> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/flex/site/trunk ?
>>
>> If doing it myself I would use the Stanbol skeleton [1] listed at
>> http://wiki.apache.org/general/ApacheCms2010 , but as you seem to have
>> worked on much more complex CMS-based sites than I have, you might
>> have a better basis to start with.
>>
>> Once that's ready we can create a JIRA issue like
>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA-4277 to ask for the CMS
>> setup.
>
> I will do so this evening. Look for the JIRA issue tomorrow.

I have checked in a skeleton. The JIRA issue is https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA-4287

I'll provide a write up about what is in the skeleton in the future. Hopefully tomorrow, but certainly in more detail this weekend.

If someone has starter logo for the project I'll add that in.

Regards,
Dave

> Regards,
> Dave
>

>> -Bertrand
>>
>> [1] http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/stanbol/site/tags/initial-site-content/

Re: Setting up the Apache CMS (was: the Flex website)

Randy Troppmann
Here is a placeholder logo in a couple sizes.

On Wed, Jan 4, 2012 at 7:09 PM, Dave Fisher <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Jan 4, 2012, at 1:52 PM, Dave Fisher wrote:
>

>> On Jan 4, 2012, at 12:42 PM, Bertrand Delacretaz wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Dave,

>>> Could you prepare a skeleton website under
>>> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/flex/site/trunk ?
>>>
>>> If doing it myself I would use the Stanbol skeleton [1] listed at
>>> http://wiki.apache.org/general/ApacheCms2010 , but as you seem to have
>>> worked on much more complex CMS-based sites than I have, you might
>>> have a better basis to start with.
>>>
>>> Once that's ready we can create a JIRA issue like
>>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA-4277 to ask for the CMS
>>> setup.
>>
>> I will do so this evening. Look for the JIRA issue tomorrow.
>
> I have checked in a skeleton. The JIRA issue is https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA-4287
>
> I'll provide a write up about what is in the skeleton in the future. Hopefully tomorrow, but certainly in more detail this weekend.
>
> If someone has starter logo for the project I'll add that in.
>
> Regards,
> Dave
>

>> Regards,
>> Dave
>>

>>> -Bertrand
>>>
>>> [1] http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/stanbol/site/tags/initial-site-content/

Re: Setting up the Apache CMS (was: the Flex website)

Dave Fisher
Hi Randy,

The list strips out attachments. If you will provide an alternative url or send it to me directly that would be great.

Regards,
Dave

On Jan 4, 2012, at 6:46 PM, Randy Troppmann wrote:

> Here is a placeholder logo in a couple sizes.
>

> On Wed, Jan 4, 2012 at 7:09 PM, Dave Fisher <[hidden email]> wrote:

>>> I will do so this evening. Look for the JIRA issue tomorrow.
>>
>> I have checked in a skeleton. The JIRA issue is https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA-4287
>>
>> I'll provide a write up about what is in the skeleton in the future. Hopefully tomorrow, but certainly in more detail this weekend.
>>
>> If someone has starter logo for the project I'll add that in.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Dave
>>

>>> Regards,
>>> Dave

Re: Setting up the Apache CMS (was: the Flex website)

Randy Troppmann
Hi Dave,

Try these urls:

http://randytroppmann.com/flex/apache-flex-logo.png
http://randytroppmann.com/flex/apache-flex-logo-69x80.png

- Randy

On Wed, Jan 4, 2012 at 10:56 PM, Dave Fisher <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Randy,
>
> The list strips out attachments. If you will provide an alternative url or send it to me directly that would be great.
>
> Regards,
> Dave
>
> On Jan 4, 2012, at 6:46 PM, Randy Troppmann wrote:
>
>> Here is a placeholder logo in a couple sizes.

>>> I have checked in a skeleton. The JIRA issue is https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA-4287
>>>
>>> I'll provide a write up about what is in the skeleton in the future. Hopefully tomorrow, but certainly in more detail this weekend.
>>>
>>> If someone has starter logo for the project I'll add that in.
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>> Dave

Re: Setting up the Apache CMS (was: the Flex website)

Garth Braithwaite-2
We might want to hold off on even placeholders until we hear back from
Adobe on branding.

On Wednesday, January 4, 2012, Randy Troppmann <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Hi Dave,
>
> Try these urls:
>
> http://randytroppmann.com/flex/apache-flex-logo.png
> http://randytroppmann.com/flex/apache-flex-logo-69x80.png
>
> - Randy
>
> On Wed, Jan 4, 2012 at 10:56 PM, Dave Fisher <[hidden email]>
wrote:
>> Hi Randy,
>>
>> The list strips out attachments. If you will provide an alternative url
or send it to me directly that would be great.

>> Regards,
>> Dave
>>
>> On Jan 4, 2012, at 6:46 PM, Randy Troppmann wrote:
>>
>>> Here is a placeholder logo in a couple sizes.

OpenOffice podling.

https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/ooo/ooo-site/trunk

have

Hopefully tomorrow, but certainly in more detail this weekend.

http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/stanbol/site/tags/initial-site-content/

Re: Setting up the Apache CMS (was: the Flex website)

Dave Fisher
Hi Everyone,

The site is now live and there are clues to how to edit the site if you are a committer.

I am in the process of writing detailed information about Apache CMS for the OpenOffice podling.

I've based the initial version of the Apache Flex website on a combination of that podling's site and the wrapper site for www.openoffice.org migration - a very large site.

On Jan 4, 2012, at 10:26 PM, Garth Braithwaite wrote:

> We might want to hold off on even placeholders until we hear back from
> Adobe on branding.

I'll leave it to a committer to add a logo as https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/flex/site/trunk/content/flex/images/flex.png. Perhaps one of Randy's examples. I'm not aware if this logo is one of Flex's logos, I know it is not a current "Fx" logo.

I'm writing that page about configuration of the Apache CMS and will link the Flex site to it by sometime this weekend.

When someone updates the project logo, I'll see the the commit in flex-commits and make sure the project knows the publish step. Meanwhile there is a trail in the flex site's developer's FAQ.

Sorry to be obtuse, but that's all for me tonight.

Regards,
Dave

> On Wednesday, January 4, 2012, Randy Troppmann <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>> Hi Dave,
>>
>> Try these urls:
>>
>> http://randytroppmann.com/flex/apache-flex-logo.png
>> http://randytroppmann.com/flex/apache-flex-logo-69x80.png
>>
>> - Randy
>>
>> On Wed, Jan 4, 2012 at 10:56 PM, Dave Fisher <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>>> Hi Randy,
>>>
>>> The list strips out attachments. If you will provide an alternative url
> or send it to me directly that would be great.
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>> Dave

> OpenOffice podling.

> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/ooo/ooo-site/trunk

> html.

> with the CMS.

> have

> Hopefully tomorrow, but certainly in more detail this weekend.

> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/stanbol/site/tags/initial-site-content/

Re: Setting up the Apache CMS (was: the Flex website)

Dirk Eismann
Dave, that's great!

some quick fixes: the SVN urls point to the ooo project and not the flex
svn (on the FAQ and the Source Code pages)

Dirk.

On Thu, Jan 5, 2012 at 9:00 AM, Dave Fisher <[hidden email]> wrote:
> ...The site is now live and there are clues to how to edit the site if you are a committer.

Fantastic, thanks Dave!
http://incubator.apache.org/flex/ looks so much better than my
previous ugly temporary version ;-)

-Bertrand

Re: Setting up the Apache CMS (was: the Flex website)

Carol Frampton
agreed - very nice indeed!

Carol

>On Thu, Jan 5, 2012 at 9:00 AM, Dave Fisher <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> ...The site is now live and there are clues to how to edit the site if
>>you are a committer.
>
>Fantastic, thanks Dave!
>http://incubator.apache.org/flex/ looks so much better than my
>previous ugly temporary version ;-)
>
>-Bertrand

Re: Setting up the Apache CMS (was: the Flex website)

Randy Troppmann
This placeholder logo is something I whipped up and is not owned by
anybody. Just something visually impactful.

- Randy