Site committing changes not showing up

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
6 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Site committing changes not showing up

Michael Schmalle
Hi,

I modified the "team" page with my user name and the site is not  
showing it online. The commit seemed to work fine, is there a cache on  
the server or something?

Did I miss something?

Mike


Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

RE: Site committing changes not showing up

Douglas Arthur
> From: Michael Schmalle [mailto:[hidden email]]
>
> Hi,
>
> I modified the "team" page with my user name and the site is not showing it
> online. The commit seemed to work fine, is there a cache on the server or
> something?
>
> Did I miss something?
>
> Mike

After you the buildbot builds the changes, I found that you also have to Publish the changes.
- Doug

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Site committing changes not showing up

Bertrand Delacretaz
In reply to this post by Michael Schmalle
On Fri, Jan 6, 2012 at 8:43 PM, Michael Schmalle <[hidden email]> wrote:
> ...I modified the "team" page with my user name and the site is not showing it
> online. The commit seemed to work fine, is there a cache on the server or
> something?...

As Doug said, you didn't publish the site, so your changes are here:

http://flex.staging.apache.org/flex/team.html

but not here:

http://incubator.apache.org/flex/team.html

Go to https://cms.apache.org/flex/publish to fix this (that link is on
most editing pages).

-Bertrand

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Site committing changes not showing up

Dave Fisher
In reply to this post by Douglas Arthur

On Jan 6, 2012, at 11:47 AM, Douglas Arthur wrote:

>> From: Michael Schmalle [mailto:[hidden email]]
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I modified the "team" page with my user name and the site is not showing it
>> online. The commit seemed to work fine, is there a cache on the server or
>> something?
>>
>> Did I miss something?
>>
>> Mike
>
> After you the buildbot builds the changes, I found that you also have to Publish the changes.

A simplified view of the workflow is

(1) Quick Commit -> Staging Build

(2) Review Staging

(3) Publish

Regards,
Dave


> - Doug


Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Site committing changes not showing up

Michael Schmalle
In reply to this post by Bertrand Delacretaz
Quoting Bertrand Delacretaz <[hidden email]>:

> On Fri, Jan 6, 2012 at 8:43 PM, Michael Schmalle  
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> ...I modified the "team" page with my user name and the site is not  
>> showing it
>> online. The commit seemed to work fine, is there a cache on the server or
>> something?...
>
> As Doug said, you didn't publish the site, so your changes are here:
>
> http://flex.staging.apache.org/flex/team.html
>
> but not here:
>
> http://incubator.apache.org/flex/team.html
>
> Go to https://cms.apache.org/flex/publish to fix this (that link is on
> most editing pages).
>
> -Bertrand
>

Ah,

I think my problem is I changed the actual markdown page on my  
computer and committed the change from there, my bad.

Mike



Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Site committing changes not showing up

Bertrand Delacretaz
On Fri, Jan 6, 2012 at 8:55 PM, Michael Schmalle <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Quoting Bertrand Delacretaz <[hidden email]>:
>> ...As Doug said, you didn't publish the site...

> ...I think my problem is I changed the actual markdown page on my computer and
> committed the change from there, my bad...

Changing directly in svn is perfectly fine, but that only updates the
staged version, so you then need to check that and publish it if it's
ok.

-Bertrand