TLF - Leader dots

hferreira
Hello,

I'm developing leader dots for TLF engine (see:
https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Show-dots-or-leaders-between-tabs-c80b62d0-2244-4078-95bd-8c82f91440ba?ui=en-US&rs=en-US&ad=US)

The InsertTextOperation requires the SelectionState parameter (the location
in the textFlow to insert a string.
I would to insert a dote " . " at the end of the current cursor line.

I can get the current line (TextFlowLine and from that, the current
TextLine).
I can also get the current cursor position from the begining of the line but
I can't get the current position from the very begining of the textFlow in
the other words what I need is the cursor position of the end of the current
line.

If someone could point me the right direction, would me a major help.

Thank you,
Hugo.

Re: TLF - Leader dots

Harbs
Leader dots are a hard one.

Ideally, the FTE should support leader dots in TextLines. Unfortunately, that’s not a feature FTW supports, so the only way to draw dot leaders would be to use the BackgroundManager to draw them. Getting the correct location, size etc. of the leader dots is not a simple problem.

> On Dec 22, 2017, at 5:19 PM, hferreira <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hello,
>
> I'm developing leader dots for TLF engine (see:
> https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Show-dots-or-leaders-between-tabs-c80b62d0-2244-4078-95bd-8c82f91440ba?ui=en-US&rs=en-US&ad=US)
>
> The InsertTextOperation requires the SelectionState parameter (the location
> in the textFlow to insert a string.
> I would to insert a dote " . " at the end of the current cursor line.
>
> I can get the current line (TextFlowLine and from that, the current
> TextLine).
> I can also get the current cursor position from the begining of the line but
> I can't get the current position from the very begining of the textFlow in
> the other words what I need is the cursor position of the end of the current
> line.
>
> If someone could point me the right direction, would me a major help.
>
> Thank you,
> Hugo.

> Sent from: http://apache-flex-development.2333347.n4.nabble.com/

Re: TLF - Leader dots

hferreira
I already done it !
Leader dots, leader dash, leader underscore and custom.

The dots are automatically updated when the text line change or even the
paragraph.
Also the feature keep active after reload.

It was not an easy one and took several days until became perfect.