TLF Markup to PDF

Leo Sapucaia
Hi all,

I´m looking for a solution for TLF to PDF export.
I´m thinking maybe transform the TLF markup in XLS:FO and this in PDF via
Apache FOP... or maybe something more direct, like the purePDF api.

Someone worked in something like that?
Any ideas?

Cheers,
Leonardo Sapucaia

--
Leonardo Sapucaia
NUIX: Natural User Interface eXperience
+55 (77) 8812-0158

Re: TLF Markup to PDF

Jarosław Szczepankiewicz
I'm not sure xsl:fo can handle all tlf requirements and it might be very
difficult to translate that to xsl:fo, althrough xsl:fo is mature standard
fop is not. The're still some quirks in fop. You will have to cope with two
difficult standards. I suggest trying to render to bitmap in higher dpi and
then send it to embed in pdf. Simples solution which will be 1:1 fidelity,
but without search & indexing pdf.

2013/3/20 Leo Sapucaia <[hidden email]>

> Hi all,
>
> I´m looking for a solution for TLF to PDF export.
> I´m thinking maybe transform the TLF markup in XLS:FO and this in PDF via
> Apache FOP... or maybe something more direct, like the purePDF api.
>
> Someone worked in something like that?
> Any ideas?
>
> Cheers,
> Leonardo Sapucaia
>
> --
> Leonardo Sapucaia
> NUIX: Natural User Interface eXperience
> Projetos Inovadores em TIC
> +55 (77) 8812-0158

Re: TLF Markup to PDF

Leo Sapucaia
@Jarosław
I think your sugestion will work for now and I´ll try that... but i´m
making a document editor for a legal/juridic web application. I think my
client will ask for a search feature soon.
Thanks for reply!

[ ]´s
Leonardo Sapucaia

--
Leonardo Sapucaia
NUIX: Natural User Interface eXperience
Projetos Inovadores em TIC
+55 (77) 8812-0158
[hidden email]

2013/3/20 Jarosław Szczepankiewicz <[hidden email]>

> I'm not sure xsl:fo can handle all tlf requirements and it might be very
> difficult to translate that to xsl:fo, althrough xsl:fo is mature standard
> fop is not. The're still some quirks in fop. You will have to cope with two
> difficult standards. I suggest trying to render to bitmap in higher dpi and
> then send it to embed in pdf. Simples solution which will be 1:1 fidelity,
> but without search & indexing pdf.
>
> 2013/3/20 Leo Sapucaia <[hidden email]>
>
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I´m looking for a solution for TLF to PDF export.
> > I´m thinking maybe transform the TLF markup in XLS:FO and this in PDF via
> > Apache FOP... or maybe something more direct, like the purePDF api.
> >
> > Someone worked in something like that?
> > Any ideas?
> >
> > Cheers,
> > Leonardo Sapucaia
> >
> > --
> > Leonardo Sapucaia
> > NUIX: Natural User Interface eXperience
> > Projetos Inovadores em TIC
> > +55 (77) 8812-0158
> > [hidden email]

Re: TLF Markup to PDF

joelm
We have tried xsl:fo before and abandoned it because we continually had
issues with it and it didn't match up that well.

We use AlivePDF and have a process where we take pixel positions of text
lines and add lines to the pdf in those positions using the characters on
those lines.

If you change formats in the middle of the line then you need to add
multiple lines to the pdf for a single line. It is a fairly complex
solution but it works very well.

On Wed, Mar 20, 2013 at 1:18 PM, Leo Sapucaia <[hidden email]>wrote:

> @Jarosław
> I think your sugestion will work for now and I´ll try that... but i´m
> making a document editor for a legal/juridic web application. I think my
> client will ask for a search feature soon.
> Thanks for reply!
>
> [ ]´s
> Leonardo Sapucaia
>
> --
> Leonardo Sapucaia
> NUIX: Natural User Interface eXperience
> Projetos Inovadores em TIC
> +55 (77) 8812-0158
> [hidden email]
>

> 2013/3/20 Jarosław Szczepankiewicz <[hidden email]>
>
> > I'm not sure xsl:fo can handle all tlf requirements and it might be very
> > difficult to translate that to xsl:fo, althrough xsl:fo is mature
> standard
> > fop is not. The're still some quirks in fop. You will have to cope with
> two
> > difficult standards. I suggest trying to render to bitmap in higher dpi
> and
> > then send it to embed in pdf. Simples solution which will be 1:1
> fidelity,
> > but without search & indexing pdf.
> >
> > 2013/3/20 Leo Sapucaia <[hidden email]>
> >
> > > Hi all,
> > >
> > > I´m looking for a solution for TLF to PDF export.
> > > I´m thinking maybe transform the TLF markup in XLS:FO and this in PDF
> via
> > > Apache FOP... or maybe something more direct, like the purePDF api.
> > >
> > > Someone worked in something like that?
> > > Any ideas?
> > >
> > > Cheers,
> > > Leonardo Sapucaia
> > >
> > > --
> > > Leonardo Sapucaia
> > > NUIX: Natural User Interface eXperience
> > > Projetos Inovadores em TIC
> > > +55 (77) 8812-0158
> > > [hidden email]

Re: TLF Markup to PDF

hferreira
@joelm

Hello, can you share the source code or sell ?