[VOTE] Release Apache Flex FalconJX 0.8.0 RC1

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Flex FalconJX 0.8.0 RC1

piotrz
Greg,

If you could once again reproduce this issue and try later whether switch off cache help that would be good.

Go to: flex-typedefs\js\pom.xml and add to configuration tag in download-maven-plugin

<skipCache>true</skipCache>

Piotr
Apache Flex PMC
piotrzarzycki21@gmail.com

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Flex FalconJX 0.8.0 RC1

Greg Dove
Thanks Piotr, I think any reliable repro will be difficult, because it just
seems to 'happen' sometimes. I had maven typedefs build working fine for a
long time before this happened. Then it happened for svg.js and also later
for the google maps js.
It does sound like others have experienced this too, though.

Because the problem seems to be a patched file 'sometimes' appearing in the
cache and being used for next build's 'download', skipCache sounds like it
will fix it for me.

For now (because I have the manual option to check
the .m2\repository\.cache\maven-download-plugin directory for problems I
will continue as is and report if it happens again, and then use skipCache.
It would be good if anyone else who experienced a similar issue could check
to see if it was the same reason in their maven-download-plugin cache
directory.

I do have a setup where the download file cache is on SSD and the typedefs
repo is on a legacy hard drive, but I have no idea what specific conditions
might be necessary to favour repro of this issue.

On Fri, Jun 16, 2017 at 8:17 AM, piotrz <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Greg,
>
> If you could once again reproduce this issue and try later whether switch
> off cache help that would be good.
>
> Go to: flex-typedefs\js\pom.xml and add to configuration tag in
> download-maven-plugin
>
> <skipCache>true</skipCache>
>
> Piotr
>

> -----
> Apache Flex PMC

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Flex FalconJX 0.8.0 RC1

piotrz
Thank you Greg for help.

Justin experienced this issue, maybe he will try fix with cache.

Apache Flex PMC
piotrzarzycki21@gmail.com

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Flex FalconJX 0.8.0 RC1

Justin Mclean
Administrator
Hi,

> Justin experienced this issue, maybe he will try fix with cache.

I can confirm that is the issue is as Greg explained. Like Greg once the issue is fixed it actually hard to reproduce. I have some time today and will look further into it and see if I can reliably reproduce and fix it.

Thanks,
Justin

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Flex FalconJX 0.8.0 RC1

Justin Mclean
Administrator

> If you could once again reproduce this issue and try later whether switch
> off cache help that would be good.
>
> Go to: flex-typedefs\js\pom.xml and add to configuration tag in
> download-maven-plugin
>
> <skipCache>true</skipCache>

And I can confirm that this fixes the issue.

Thanks,
Justin

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Flex FalconJX 0.8.0 RC1

piotrz
Great!

Thanks Justin and Greg for help! :)

Piotr
Apache Flex PMC
piotrzarzycki21@gmail.com

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Flex FalconJX 0.8.0 RC1

I wonder if you can get in this hole by running Maven without the clean
target.

Anyway, after this release, a brave person could also try to replace the
patch with a bundled and modified third-party source file.  It looks like
the files we download and patch are rarely if ever changing so it might be
better to just bundle and modify.

My 2 cents,
-Alex

On 6/15/17, 2:44 PM, "Greg Dove" <[hidden email]> wrote:

>Thanks Piotr, I think any reliable repro will be difficult, because it
>just
>seems to 'happen' sometimes. I had maven typedefs build working fine for a
>long time before this happened. Then it happened for svg.js and also later
>for the google maps js.
>It does sound like others have experienced this too, though.
>
>Because the problem seems to be a patched file 'sometimes' appearing in
>the
>cache and being used for next build's 'download', skipCache sounds like it
>will fix it for me.
>
>For now (because I have the manual option to check
>the .m2\repository\.cache\maven-download-plugin directory for problems I
>will continue as is and report if it happens again, and then use
>skipCache.
>It would be good if anyone else who experienced a similar issue could
>check
>to see if it was the same reason in their maven-download-plugin cache
>directory.
>
>I do have a setup where the download file cache is on SSD and the typedefs
>repo is on a legacy hard drive, but I have no idea what specific
>conditions
>might be necessary to favour repro of this issue.
>

>On Fri, Jun 16, 2017 at 8:17 AM, piotrz <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Greg,
>>
>> If you could once again reproduce this issue and try later whether
>>switch
>> off cache help that would be good.
>>
>> Go to: flex-typedefs\js\pom.xml and add to configuration tag in
>> download-maven-plugin
>>
>> <skipCache>true</skipCache>
>>
>> Piotr
>>

>> -----
>> Apache Flex PMC
>> [hidden email]
>> --
>>Nabble.com.

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Flex FalconJX 0.8.0 RC1

piotrz
Hi Alex,

I suggest raise jira for that.

Piotr
Apache Flex PMC
piotrzarzycki21@gmail.com

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Flex FalconJX 0.8.0 RC1

Justin Mclean
Administrator

> I wonder if you can get in this hole by running Maven without the clean
> target.

No it occurs even with clean specified.

> so it might be better to just bundle and modify.

+1 to that. It’s very likely that old releases of FlexJS may not be able to be compiled in the future as 3rd party files have changed.

Thanks,
Justin