[VOTE] Should the Project Name of the Proposed Fork be FlexJS?

[VOTE] Should the Project Name of the Proposed Fork be FlexJS?

Dave Fisher
VOTE Should the Project Name of the Proposed Fork be FlexJS?

[ ] Yes - The forked project should be Apache FlexJS.
[ ] No - The forked project should have another name which will be discussed.
[ ] Abstain - Don’t care what the forked project is called.

The vote will be open for 72 hours until Sunday September 17, 16:00 UT.

The vote will be open for 72 hours until Sunday September 17, 16:00 UT.

Re: [VOTE] Should the Project Name of the Proposed Fork be FlexJS?

Dave Fisher-2
No (Binding)

On 2017-09-14 08:37, Dave Fisher <[hidden email]> wrote:
> VOTE Should the Project Name of the Proposed Fork be FlexJS?
>
> [ ] Yes - The forked project should be Apache FlexJS.
> [ ] No - The forked project should have another name which will be discussed.
> [ ] Abstain - Don’t care what the forked project is called.
>
> The vote will be open for 72 hours until Sunday September 17, 16:00 UT.

Re: [VOTE] Should the Project Name of the Proposed Fork be FlexJS?

Mihai Chira
Abstain

On Thu, 14 Sep 2017 17:37 Dave Fisher <[hidden email]> wrote:

> VOTE Should the Project Name of the Proposed Fork be FlexJS?
>
> [ ] Yes - The forked project should be Apache FlexJS.
> [ ] No - The forked project should have another name which will be
> discussed.
> [ ] Abstain - Don’t care what the forked project is called.
>
> The vote will be open for 72 hours until Sunday September 17, 16:00 UT.

Re: [VOTE] Should the Project Name of the Proposed Fork be FlexJS?

Erik de Bruin
No (binding)

EdB

--
Ix Multimedia Software

Jan Luykenstraat 27
3521 VB Utrecht

T. 06-51952295 <06%2051952295>
I. www.ixsoftware.nl

Re: [VOTE] Should the Project Name of the Proposed Fork be FlexJS?

Peter Ent-2
No (binding)

On 9/14/17, 11:37 AM, "Dave Fisher" <[hidden email]> wrote:

>VOTE Should the Project Name of the Proposed Fork be FlexJS?
>
>[ ] Yes - The forked project should be Apache FlexJS.
>[ ] No - The forked project should have another name which will be
>discussed.
>[ ] Abstain - Don¹t care what the forked project is called.
>
>The vote will be open for 72 hours until Sunday September 17, 16:00 UT.

Re: [VOTE] Should the Project Name of the Proposed Fork be FlexJS?

Alex Harui-2
Can we stop this vote thread and start a new one for a new name?  I don't
want to wait until Sunday to start voting on the new name.

On 9/14/17, 10:33 AM, "Peter Ent" <[hidden email]> wrote:

>No (binding)
>
>On 9/14/17, 11:37 AM, "Dave Fisher" <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>>VOTE Should the Project Name of the Proposed Fork be FlexJS?
>>
>>[ ] Yes - The forked project should be Apache FlexJS.
>>[ ] No - The forked project should have another name which will be
>>discussed.
>>[ ] Abstain - Don¹t care what the forked project is called.
>>
>>The vote will be open for 72 hours until Sunday September 17, 16:00 UT.

Re: [VOTE] Should the Project Name of the Proposed Fork be FlexJS?

piotrz
I see the consensus already,I'm sorry for the noise and insist for the VOTE
guys. We may start VOTE on, a new name. Some folks were for YES to the old
one, but I see that they are also open for the new name.

> Can we stop this vote thread and start a new one for a new name?  I don't
> want to wait until Sunday to start voting on the new name.

> On 9/14/17, 10:33 AM, "Peter Ent" <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> >No (binding)
> >
> >On 9/14/17, 11:37 AM, "Dave Fisher" <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> >>VOTE Should the Project Name of the Proposed Fork be FlexJS?
> >>
> >>[ ] Yes - The forked project should be Apache FlexJS.
> >>[ ] No - The forked project should have another name which will be
> >>discussed.
> >>[ ] Abstain - Don¹t care what the forked project is called.
> >>
> >>The vote will be open for 72 hours until Sunday September 17, 16:00 UT.

--

Piotr Zarzycki

mobile: +48 880 859 557
skype: zarzycki10

LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/piotrzarzycki
<https://pl.linkedin.com/in/piotr-zarzycki-92a53552>

Re: [VOTE] Should the Project Name of the Proposed Fork be FlexJS?

+1 from me.

> On Sep 14, 2017, at 9:28 PM, Alex Harui <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Can we stop this vote thread and start a new one for a new name?  I don't
> want to wait until Sunday to start voting on the new name.

> On 9/14/17, 10:33 AM, "Peter Ent" <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> No (binding)
>>
>> On 9/14/17, 11:37 AM, "Dave Fisher" <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>>> VOTE Should the Project Name of the Proposed Fork be FlexJS?
>>>
>>> [ ] Yes - The forked project should be Apache FlexJS.
>>> [ ] No - The forked project should have another name which will be
>>> discussed.
>>> [ ] Abstain - Don¹t care what the forked project is called.
>>>
>>> The vote will be open for 72 hours until Sunday September 17, 16:00 UT.

Re: [VOTE][DISCUSS] Should the Project Name of the Proposed Fork be FlexJS?

Dave Fisher
Hi -

I am not available for anything until Saturday. I’m done.

I proposed the process as far as I can tell there is not even a consensus on what other names to vote on other than Royale. I consider this move to squash the vote to be steamrolling. I explained it yesterday to proceed in parallel.

There is no reason not to proceed with the VOTE. I am not rescinding it. Plenty of time was given to discuss this I gave a ballot and warned people what it would be.

Regards,
Dave

> On Sep 14, 2017, at 11:28 AM, Alex Harui <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Can we stop this vote thread and start a new one for a new name?  I don't
> want to wait until Sunday to start voting on the new name.

> On 9/14/17, 10:33 AM, "Peter Ent" <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> No (binding)
>>
>> On 9/14/17, 11:37 AM, "Dave Fisher" <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>>> VOTE Should the Project Name of the Proposed Fork be FlexJS?
>>>
>>> [ ] Yes - The forked project should be Apache FlexJS.
>>> [ ] No - The forked project should have another name which will be
>>> discussed.
>>> [ ] Abstain - Don¹t care what the forked project is called.
>>>
>>> The vote will be open for 72 hours until Sunday September 17, 16:00 UT.

Re: [VOTE][DISCUSS] Should the Project Name of the Proposed Fork be FlexJS?

Dave Fisher
Is this a “No” Binding vote?

> On Sep 14, 2017, at 11:36 AM, Harbs <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> +1 from me.
>
>> On Sep 14, 2017, at 9:28 PM, Alex Harui <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Can we stop this vote thread and start a new one for a new name?  I don't
>> want to wait until Sunday to start voting on the new name.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> -Alex
>>
>> On 9/14/17, 10:33 AM, "Peter Ent" <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>>> No (binding)

Re: [VOTE][DISCUSS] Should the Project Name of the Proposed Fork be FlexJS?

Dave Fisher
Is this a No Binging VOTE?

> On Sep 14, 2017, at 11:28 AM, Alex Harui <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Can we stop this vote thread and start a new one for a new name?  I don't
> want to wait until Sunday to start voting on the new name.

> On 9/14/17, 10:33 AM, "Peter Ent" <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> No (binding)
>>
>> On 9/14/17, 11:37 AM, "Dave Fisher" <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>>> VOTE Should the Project Name of the Proposed Fork be FlexJS?
>>>
>>> [ ] Yes - The forked project should be Apache FlexJS.
>>> [ ] No - The forked project should have another name which will be
>>> discussed.
>>> [ ] Abstain - Don¹t care what the forked project is called.
>>>
>>> The vote will be open for 72 hours until Sunday September 17, 16:00 UT.

Re: [VOTE][DISCUSS] Should the Project Name of the Proposed Fork be FlexJS?

Dave Fisher
Is this a No Binding VOTE?

> On Sep 14, 2017, at 11:33 AM, Piotr Zarzycki <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> I see the consensus already,I'm sorry for the noise and insist for the VOTE
> guys. We may start VOTE on, a new name. Some folks were for YES to the old
> one, but I see that they are also open for the new name.

>> Can we stop this vote thread and start a new one for a new name?  I don't
>> want to wait until Sunday to start voting on the new name.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> -Alex
>>
>> On 9/14/17, 10:33 AM, "Peter Ent" <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>>> No (binding)

> --
>
> Piotr Zarzycki
>
> mobile: +48 880 859 557
> skype: zarzycki10
>
> LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/piotrzarzycki
> <https://pl.linkedin.com/in/piotr-zarzycki-92a53552>

Re: [VOTE][DISCUSS] Should the Project Name of the Proposed Fork be FlexJS?

Yes. I am willing to go along with changing the name and start a vote asap on what it should be.

As far as I’m concerned this vote can remain open and the second vote can proceed in parallel. If the first vote concludes with “yes”, then the second vote will be void. I don’t see that waiting to start a second vote until the first vote finishes is beneficial.

I’d REALLY like to have this wrapped up before the board meeting next week.

To be official:
No (binding)

> On Sep 14, 2017, at 9:55 PM, Dave Fisher <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Is this a “No” Binding vote?
>
>> On Sep 14, 2017, at 11:36 AM, Harbs <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> +1 from me.
>>
>>> On Sep 14, 2017, at 9:28 PM, Alex Harui <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> Can we stop this vote thread and start a new one for a new name?  I don't
>>> want to wait until Sunday to start voting on the new name.
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> -Alex

Re: [VOTE][DISCUSS] Should the Project Name of the Proposed Fork be FlexJS?

piotrz
NO (binding)

Carlos definitely helped me with the decision. He triggers me with MDL and
it was worth it, so I believe in his web design abilities and branding
super powers! :)
+1 for open vote with list of already proposed names, voters could propose
something outside list. At the end we can count everything.

--

Piotr Zarzycki

mobile: +48 880 859 557
skype: zarzycki10

LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/piotrzarzycki
<https://pl.linkedin.com/in/piotr-zarzycki-92a53552>

Re: [VOTE][DISCUSS] Should the Project Name of the Proposed Fork be FlexJS?

Dave Fisher
Thank you and I agree so long as FlexJS is not on the second ballot.

I recommend a preference list.

Sent from my iPhone

On 2017-09-14 08:37, Dave Fisher <[hidden email]> wrote:
> VOTE Should the Project Name of the Proposed Fork be FlexJS?
>
> [ ] Yes - The forked project should be Apache FlexJS.
> [ ] No - The forked project should have another name which will be
> discussed.
> [ ] Abstain - Don’t care what the forked project is called.
>
> The vote will be open for 72 hours until Sunday September 17, 16:00 UT.

Re: [VOTE] Should the Project Name of the Proposed Fork be FlexJS?

Christofer Dutz-2
I really feel silly about this seems I'm the only one up to now. But as I do tend to think the name FlexJS is a good name and I know what getting rid of "flex" everywhere inside the project would mean regarding refactoring and tool support.

Yes (Binding)

Chris

On 2017-09-14 17:37, Dave Fisher <[hidden email]> wrote:
> VOTE Should the Project Name of the Proposed Fork be FlexJS?
>
> [ ] Yes - The forked project should be Apache FlexJS.
> [ ] No - The forked project should have another name which will be discussed.
> [ ] Abstain - Don’t care what the forked project is called.
>
> The vote will be open for 72 hours until Sunday September 17, 16:00 UT.

Re: [VOTE] Should the Project Name of the Proposed Fork be FlexJS?

Justin Mclean
Administrator
Hi,

I can see there good reasons for a name change and also a good number for not changing the name. I wouldn’t underestimate the effort needed to change the name and the impact this would have on current users. It’s not an easy to decide but I’m more on the yes side than no side but it’s not a particularly strongly held view.

Yes (binding)

Thanks,
Justin

RE: [VOTE] Should the Project Name of the Proposed Fork be FlexJS?

Kessler CTR Mark J
No (binding)

The project name should not contain Flex or JS.  The flex change because it’s separating the name and the JS because we do more than JS.

-Mark K