Variable Reference

MikeH-2
Hi I am looking at converting a Flex application over to Royale. In Flex I
can use FlexGlobals.topLevelApplication.myVar to reference data set in the
main application. Does Royale have an equivalent th this?

Thanks
MikeH

RE: Variable Reference

yishayw

Hi Mike,

That should work. I don’t remember if Flex required you to cast FlexGlobals.topLevelApplication to your specific app class, but I think you would need to do that in Royale.

Yishay

RE: Variable Reference

yishayw
I had a look and FlexGlobals.topLevelApplication is an Object in Royale, so you’re not obliged to cast it.

That should work. I don’t remember if Flex required you to cast FlexGlobals.topLevelApplication to your specific app class, but I think you would need to do that in Royale.

Yishay

RE: Variable Reference

MikeH-2
HI thanks Yishay. I was having problems with FlexGlobals.topLevelApplication
not included. I think its ok now.

Thanks