iPhone XS has a strange padding at the top

iPhone XS has a strange padding at the top

leokan23
So I just checked one of our apps in iPhone XS and it looks like there is an
issue at the top.

<http://apache-flex-development.2333347.n4.nabble.com/file/t1015/zbzhfPf.jpg>

You can see that the app starts in the wrong position, which probably has
something to do with padding as we had the same issue back when ios 7 was
released.

Could this be a problem with flex, or AIR?

Re: iPhone XS has a strange padding at the top

leokan23
Ok, so this looks to be an issue with the default osStatusBarHeight for iOS.
This has changed in iPhone X XS etc.

It needs to be update in \frameworks\projects\mobiletheme\defaults.css (line
1359) to 90 (if I am converting it correctly) as the new iOS StatusBar
Heitght is 44pt

Re: iPhone XS has a strange padding at the top

Lydecker
Hey leokan23,

Did that change work for you?

I've tried it at my end - but it has no impact. My stage still overlaps with
the status bar on an iPhone X :(

Re: iPhone XS has a strange padding at the top

Lydecker
Ah ok - the reason why I saw no impact is that 90 is too small for iPhone X.
The value needs to be 132 (44pt x @3x = 132pixels). That value works for
iPhone X.

If anyone else is reading this - please visit
http://apache-flex-users.2333346.n4.nabble.com/How-to-cater-for-iPhoneX-XS-XR-new-status-bar-height-td17461.html
for further discussion on how to tackle this...