ios geolocation always muted with air 16

ios geolocation always muted with air 16

kevin.godell
I just compiled my app to try on my iphone 5c with ios 8.1 using flex 4.14.0 and air 16.0. The geolocation.muted is always true. The ios system settings menu no longer shows location as an option for my app.

Compiling the same app with flex 4.14.0 and air 15.0 allows the gps to work. System settings menu shows location as an option for my app, as it should.

I looked into the Info.plist of the app compiled with air 15 and 16. They are very similar, and both contain:

 <key>UIRequiredDeviceCapabilities</key>
        <array>
            <string>location-services</string>
            <string>gps</string>
            <string>armv7</string>
            <string>opengles-2</string>
        </array>

Re: ios geolocation always muted with air 16

Neverbirth
Latest iOS SDKs introduces new permissions and requires some new entries in
the descriptor file, I don't recall them nor I have them at hand right now,
but it won't take you much time to find it.

2015年1月31日土曜日、kevin.godell<[hidden email]>さんは書きました:

> I just compiled my app to try on my iphone 5c with ios 8.1 using flex
> 4.14.0
> and air 16.0. The geolocation.muted is always true. The ios system settings
> menu no longer shows location as an option for my app.
>
> Compiling the same app with flex 4.14.0 and air 15.0 allows the gps to
> work.
> System settings menu shows location as an option for my app, as it should.
>
> I looked into the Info.plist of the app compiled with air 15 and 16. They
> are very similar, and both contain:
>
>  <key>UIRequiredDeviceCapabilities</key>
>         <array>
>             <string>location-services</string>
>             <string>gps</string>
>             <string>armv7</string>
>             <string>opengles-2</string>
>         </array>

Re: ios geolocation always muted with air 16

kevin.godell
Thanks for the tip. I added the following to the InfoAdditions:

<key>NSLocationWhenInUseUsageDescription</key>
<string>Powered by Flex 4.14.0</string>

It works!

Re: ios geolocation always muted with air 16

leokan23
hi, i just came across the problem. I tried adding this in my manifest file, and tried compiling with both air 16.0.0.272 in windows and mac, and air 17 beta but still i cant make the gps work on iOS (testing device ipad mini 2 ios 8.2). Any ideas?

thank you

Re: ios geolocation always muted with air 16

kevin.godell
I just downloaded the latest RC with air 17 a few minutes ago and can confirm that the gps still works on my iphone 5c running 8.2.

an excerpt from the infoadditions in the app descriptor file of my working app:

<string>Location will be accessed when using the GPS Measuring Tool.</string>

Re: ios geolocation always muted with air 16

leokan23
Thank you kevin for your reply.. i am really stragling with this one. I have the following on my app descriptor:

<iPhone>
    <Entitlements>
		<![CDATA[ <key>get-task-allow</key>
		<false/>
		<key>beta-reports-active</key>
		<true/> ]]>
	</Entitlements>
        <InfoAdditions><![CDATA[
			<key>UIDeviceFamily</key>
			<array>
				<string>1</string>
				<string>2</string>
			</array>
			<key>UIRequiredDeviceCapabilities</key>
			<array>
			<string>location-services</string>
			<string>gps</string>
			</array>

			<key>NSLocationWhenInUseUsageDescription</key>
			<string>Location will be accessed when using the GPS Measuring Tool.</string>
		]]></InfoAdditions>
        <requestedDisplayResolution>high</requestedDisplayResolution>
    </iPhone>

Still no luck on ipad mini 2.

Re: ios geolocation always muted with air 16

kevin.godell
Did it work before taking the 8.2 upgrade?

Can you check to see if the gps works for any other apps on your ipad, such as the built-in apple navigation app, just to rule out that there wasnt a bug introduced in the OS?

I see from your entitlements that you may be using testflight? This prevents you from testing locally, right? If you are testing locally, meaning that you are just putting the app directly on the ipad from itunes, then comment out those entitlements.

Re: ios geolocation always muted with air 16

leokan23
i have tried several applications and the geolocation seem to work. In our app it was working up to air 15 and then it stopped. I also saw that the app is no available on the settings of the ipad. You are correct concerning the testflight. I have enabled it in order to test the application.

We are building using windows 8.1 64bit, and already tried with both the latest air 16 and beta air 17.

I will try taking out the testflight part to check if this creates the problem.