re: Apache Flex logo

Carlos Nazareno
I really think it would be nicer & more consistent if the Apache Flex
logo had a an icon/symbol that will stand alone just like all the
other old Macromedia product symbols. So people can use the logo with
shirts, conferences, sites etc along with the other flash platform
technology symbols?

How about a variant of the old Macromedia swooshy symbol logo that has
the Apache feather incorporated if Adobe is fine with it? IMHO all
those old Macromedia product glyphs were really nice, it was a shame
Adobe replaced them with the Table of Chemical Elements symbols
versions

http://images.google.com/search?tbm=isch&q=macromedia+flex

-Naz

--
carlos nazareno
http://twitter.com/object404
http://www.object404.com

re: Apache Flex logo

Michael Schmalle
This is so off topic but anybody who wasn't here in the beginning with
Macromedia Flex, here is the original beta image in Dreamweaver!

http://theopensourcery.com/images/oswaveRIAFlex.gif

This was either Flash 6 or MX. I can't remember.

Mike

> I really think it would be nicer & more consistent if the Apache Flex
> logo had a an icon/symbol that will stand alone just like all the
> other old Macromedia product symbols. So people can use the logo with
> shirts, conferences, sites etc along with the other flash platform
> technology symbols?
>
> How about a variant of the old Macromedia swooshy symbol logo that has
> the Apache feather incorporated if Adobe is fine with it? IMHO all
> those old Macromedia product glyphs were really nice, it was a shame
> Adobe replaced them with the Table of Chemical Elements symbols
> versions
>
> http://images.google.com/search?tbm=isch&q=macromedia+flex
>
> -Naz
>
> --
> carlos nazareno
> http://twitter.com/object404
> http://www.object404.com

Re: Apache Flex logo

Jeffry Houser
On 1/6/2012 7:29 PM, Carlos Nazareno wrote:
> How about a variant of the old Macromedia swooshy symbol logo that has
> the Apache feather incorporated if Adobe is fine with it?
>
> http://images.google.com/search?tbm=isch&q=macromedia+flex

  I'm sorry; what is the swooshy symbol logo?  It is not obvious to me
from that link what you are referring to.

--
Jeffry Houser
Technical Entrepreneur

Re: Apache Flex logo

Rui D. Silva
Carlos,

I did the unthinkable my friend... I played around with your logos and was
experimenting a couple of ideas around it to clear and stabilize it while
at the same time finding possible solutions to a square version. I did this
a a pure exercise and just because, once started, I could not put it down.

Yet, I completely understand if you wouldn't feel comfortable if I would
show these experiments here. Please let me know if it would be ok to do
so.

Peace,
Rui

Re: Apache Flex logo

Rui D. Silva
Oh, and it's almost 4am here, so I guess I'll go to sleep now (I really couldn't put it down)...

> I did the unthinkable my friend... I played around with your logos and was
> experimenting a couple of ideas around it to clear and stabilize it while
> at the same time finding possible solutions to a square version. I did this
> a a pure exercise and just because, once started, I could not put it down.
>
> Yet, I completely understand if you wouldn't feel comfortable if I would
> show these experiments here. Please let me know if it would be ok to do
> so.
>
> Peace,
> Rui

Re: Apache Flex logo

Nicholas Kwiatkowski
Brady (the code name for the Flex IDE for Flex 1.0/1.5), was built on the
Dreamweaver engine.  Flex 1.0/1.5 were sets of files that were server-side
compiled to generate SWF files that targeted the AVM1 Flash Player engine.
 The MXML was similar to what we see today, but the underlying code was all
done in as2, which is nothing close.

I think the swoosh logo was last used when right when Adobe bought
Macromedia...  I know I still use it within my UG logo.

-Nick